THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Monday can't get here fast enough. Now how far will I have to move that mountain to get into this event????????

CAA_Beat - interesting. I never thought of the added pressure that can result from trying to hit a given distance, whether for a lay-up or positioning. I guess it really does depend on how your playing partner is hitting it that day.

Good news coming soon! Time to get the cobwebs off the swings.

Can't wait to see what this will all be about on Monday!

The next day, we went out with the approach that, each person would hit the shot they were comfortable with, with no regard to the partners next shot, ti would then be up to him to play that shot the way he was most comfortable. We basically shot 8 strokes lower on the same course.

This probably sums up my feeling as well; I am not going to ask my playing partner to hit to a yardage. There are some holes on RNK that location is important so i may ask for a more or less aggressive line but probably not a distance. My conversation will mostly center on where does the person feel most comfortable hitting the ball and general direction they want to approach the hole from.

Monday February 8th, 2016
All will be revealed

That is like a whole nother week!!!!! I almost wish you would have just said here is the information.

Monday! Yes sir I'm fired up to see what all is revealed. Time to carve out the teams and start setting the stage.

I would try to work out some of those alt shot questions before the round, but as others have said it depends on how my partner and I am playing when we get into a scenario like that. It also depends on how the other team is playing as well. If they are struggling or have made a major mistake then the safer option may be best for our team.

This could be something discussed before the start of alt shot but I think it's something that might need to be discussed again based on how the round is going or some unexpected shots and situations.

758199299fc22bcae63e9dea87d74dc0.jpg

Monday February 8th, 2016
All will be revealed
Will that be at 6 am, noon or 6 pm? Do I need to set my alarm?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

At this point I don't care about the hour. I'm taking Monday off just to make sure I can at least try to get in at whatever time JB decides to have us enter. I may not get in but I'll be ready!

At this point I don't care about the hour. I'm taking Monday off just to make sure I can at least try to get in at whatever time JB decides to have us enter. I may not get in but I'll be ready!
There will be plenty of heads up to
make sure everyone who wants in gets an opportunity. At least 3 minutes I'm sure.

There will be plenty of heads up to
make sure everyone who wants in gets an opportunity. At least 3 minutes I'm sure.
If you' re not 10 minutes early.......you're late per the Giants former head coach!

Just got back from new hire orientation. Just started a new job so it's been hectic. Trying to catch up but sounds like sign ups are Monday?

If you' re not 10 minutes early.......you're late per the Giants former head coach!

My time in the Navy, we said if your 10 minutes early then really you're 5 minutes late. Watch reliefs go down 15 minutes prior to the hour.

I really hope it isn't one of the middle of the day sign up kind of things. No internet access while at work :banghead:

I'm doubting signups will be Monday, but did sound like full details on the event will be revealed. Relax ...

I'm doubting signups will be Monday, but did sound like full details on the event will be revealed. Relax ...

Doesn't matter when they are, I don't have 24/7 access to the internet. Not that I can influence the rules, just limits my ability if this signup goes to a time based signup approach.

I've been traveling a lot for work and that means less than ideal meals. Still down about 7 pounds this year and up some strength! Did you guys know that hotels have gyms?!

I'm beyond ready for the full details of this event and my prep work continues! Hoping to be involved and to be a part of the greatness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter when they are, I don't have 24/7 access to the internet. Not that I can influence the rules, just limits my ability if this signup goes to a time based signup approach.

I wasn't talking to you directly, just a general post to the thread. Usually signup is by email, so if you can fire off an email you may be good to go. There are the captain picks to consider as well ...

I don't know if you've followed other event sign ups but they always give ample notice and often have multiple times to sign up up.

There's is always an opportunity for someone who truly wants to sign up to be able to.

While not knowing the exact time process for these sign-ups one thing I do know. It will offer everyone a more than reasonable chance to signup. That's always been the case.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I suggest rocks, paper scissors...top winners get to be on the RR DMV team :D

Back