The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a lesson the other day. I guess I have been setting up closed to the ball. Instructor had me square up, flare out the front foot slightly and hold my club face square through impact longer. Went to the range today and practiced before a follow lesson on thursday.

So I just got in what I would have to be the most exciting practice session one could hope for. I have been working on a more in to out swing path with focusing on a square club face. I worked on pitching web for about an hour and it's finally sticking in the mechanics and memory. Love the ball flight I was getting.

So I just got in what I would have to be the most exciting practice session one could hope for. I have been working on a more in to out swing path with focusing on a square club face. I worked on pitching web for about an hour and it's finally sticking in the mechanics and memory. Love the ball flight I was getting.

That's awesome dude, it's such a good feeling when things start clicking.

Happy with my range session. It's been a few weeks since I hit the clubs. I felt like my swing was the length I want on my backswing which helped with my tempo which has been my big focus for the past several months.

was also working on having a smoother swing and not trying to kill everything and let the legs drive the downswing. Need to focus on this more and get it more engrained but for the first time on the range with it I like what I am seeing and feeling.

Got to the range and then inside on trackman my club head speed is terrible, really worked on not moving away from the ball to hit it with my irons. Doing the 1 foot drill I could create almost the same club head speed and distance as a full swing ugggg. I will be doing lots of 1 foot drills to get the proper release down.

It's funny sorta but my driver swing is on par with what we are doing, yet my iron swing is lacking.

Lesson scheduled for Friday morning to work on getting me right.

Practice chips with my 60 degree today for 15 minutes on lunch break. Tomorrow going into work an hour late and going to range first. Will work on full swing then chips, and putt if I still have time.

That's awesome dude, it's such a good feeling when things start clicking.

It's been a long time. Now to take that out to the course.

Hour of chipping games with the kids today.

9 rounds, closest total of 3 balls picks next spot and club, they thought they beat me with driver.

#HoledTwoOuttaThree

Silly kids coming at the master.

Putting practice from 3 & 5 feet. Hole 25 in a row. No problem from 3 feet, got to 21 from 5 ft and had to stop.

Hit balls at lunch today. Working on getting hands a little deeper in the back swing. By the end of session swing felt pretty good. Backswing is probably a little high, but will find out for sure on Friday at lesson.

I have decided to perfect my putting stroke. Been toying with my posture, setup, grip, and even a touch of forward shaft lean.

Interesting thus far. Even more so when I switch between putter companies for the various lofts.

Putting practice from 3 & 5 feet. Hole 25 in a row. No problem from 3 feet, got to 21 from 5 ft and had to stop.
I need to do this! I bet I lose 2 or 3 strokes a round from inside 5 ft.

I need to do this! I bet I lose 2 or 3 strokes a round from inside 5 ft.

I have a new practice regimen. That is the first of about 15 drills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took monday off from the range but hit it yesterday and will be going today at lunch as well. Experimented with a slightly stronger grip and it felt REALLY good. For some reason it seemed to "lock" may hands in better, maybe mental who knows. But was seeing perfect yardages for me out of my irons and hybrid.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

I have decided to perfect my putting stroke. Been toying with my posture, setup, grip, and even a touch of forward shaft lean.

Interesting thus far. Even more so when I switch between putter companies for the various lofts.

How much difference are you noticing w forward lean between different styles? More curious than anything.

Too cold for the kids to practice today, so it'll be practice for me instead.

Work on putting stroke is on the agenda (more focus will come when mirror and putting professor get here), also though a lot of work on pitch shots today as I have the touch of a civil war surgeon lately.

Hoping to schedule first lesson with new instructor for this Saturday!

Range time before work this morning
baae4f95eec5faf6a9e343708a5f80cd.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

How much difference are you noticing w forward lean between different styles? More curious than anything.

It's been an interesting experience. I spent a lot of time moving the ball around in my stance and found the best luck with it either on my center or slightly back with a neutral stroke, or just ahead of my zipper with a bit of weight on my front foot when using a bit of shaft lean.

I think a big part of it in that my regular gamer (the button back) is 4 degrees of loft, while the SeeMore I gamed for the better part of 2-3 years prior is actually 2.5 degrees. For me, I think i need to drop loft because the ball is definitely elevating in a more neutral setup, and I don't love shaft lean or forward press overall.

Too cold for the kids to practice today, so it'll be practice for me instead.

Work on putting stroke is on the agenda (more focus will come when mirror and putting professor get here), also though a lot of work on pitch shots today as I have the touch of a civil war surgeon lately.

Hoping to schedule first lesson with new instructor for this Saturday!

Good luck with the new instructor. I hope to find someone shortly myself.

Just got back to work from a session and have carried forward those good ball striking feelings to another day. Anyone else feel like if you don't keep hitting balls you might forget how? I'm a headcase

b0425db10220ca8de4f3107b488b2c5a.jpg

9i and was peppering the 130 flag. (I need to clean my clubs)

Last edited:
Bayonet and Black Horse range today!

Rbdmo0vl.jpg

copied from the DCRegionalRivalry Thread

I've done pretty well (in keeping with my 2016 Change the Game thoughts). I said originally I was going to do something everyday for at least 10 to 15 minutes to help me with my game. I think I have held true to that, although I might need to do more action and less "research" HA

But in truth, I have done more stretching and a bit more working out than I had previously. Last week provided the chance to get some good on course work in, this week, I'm back to working on things inside. Definitely contemplating taking a lesson in the next week to make sure I'm on the right track.

57 and overcast but who knows when it'll be golf weather again here in MA with snow on the way, so I hit the range at lunch. Mostly focused on ball position and upper body coil, just brought 2 irons, 5w, and driver along with 2 aim sticks, my main thought was turning my back to the target. Irons were pretty good, a few flubs but when I can count them all on one hand out of an entire large bucket, I'll take it.

5w for some reason I kept moving up in my stance and hitting it worse towards the end of last season. When I put the ball where I'd hit my 4i, I get a nice trajectory with just a hint of fade, and when I remembered that, I was good to go.

Now that I've got a session with the Knuth under my belt I did a lot better with it today. Ball position further up in my stance is key vs my Titleist, which admittedly is set to draw so I'm squaring the face sooner in the downswing. But I hit some wonderful shots today that have me excited for spring to get here ASAP.

Range at Lunch today went really well. Full swing again and have been working hard on hitting targets and getting aligned correctly. Driver swing felt really good today and was able to really extend through the ball. Going to get another round in Sat so tomorrow I am thinking I putt and chip/pitch for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back