Mail Order and Online Foods

Found out a local store now stocks snake river farm waygu beef. Picked up 2 ribeyes and a filet to cook last Sat for my friend in for the class and wife.
It was fantastic, some of the best beef we have had hands down.
I have had Kobe in Japan and if there was much difference I could not tell from memory.

Food arrived. This tri tip is beautiful

E0EC95D5-84E3-4E13-8CD6-6D4EA4C1AEA9.jpeg

Cooking up the ground beef we got free with our order. Made burgers and they look good. Taste test upcoming

6A333F57-977B-4533-AAAC-CD2846DAC0ED.jpeg

The verdict for Porter Road, at least the ground beef is a big thumbs up. Tri Tip and chicken will be done next week most likely.

Freshly.com has awesome prepared meals delivered to our door weekly. It works with our busy schedule.

The verdict for Porter Road, at least the ground beef is a big thumbs up. Tri Tip and chicken will be done next week most likely.

I can't wait for it to get cool so we can try the chili grind we got. I love the first chili of the season.

So far Porter Road has been absolutely tremendous. The Tri Tip we cooked tonight was one of the best I have ever had. The chicken was fantastic. The ground beef was just awesome.

Totally impressed.

So far Porter Road has been absolutely tremendous. The Tri Tip we cooked tonight was one of the best I have ever had. The chicken was fantastic. The ground beef was just awesome.

Totally impressed.

A quick note on this. They are doing free dry aged ground beef with orders of $75. When we got it with our order, it made some of the best burgers I have had.

A quick note on this. They are doing free dry aged ground beef with orders of $75. When we got it with our order, it made some of the best burgers I have had.

Food seems to be a passion of yours and I predict that one day you will own/manage a food related internet forum.

Food seems to be a passion of yours and I predict that one day you will own/manage a food related internet forum.

No thank you.
While we enjoy food, our passion is THP. And we get to incorporate that into our Experiences with THPers all around the country.

how do they dry age it? do they dry age the cheaper cuts, remove the pellicle then ground up everything? is there enough fat content to bind the meat?

how do they dry age it? do they dry age the cheaper cuts, remove the pellicle then ground up everything? is there enough fat content to bind the meat?

Definitely enough fat. The burgers we made were fantastic.

I cant say enough good things about Porter Road online butcher.

We are pretty much hooked on Porter Road and got some hotdogs to try out.

EAD2F31D-8F30-4A45-89AA-32602020297D.jpeg

Please tell me there is some kind of cover on those?
Yes. And although they tasted delicious, they were our least favorite thing we have received from an otherwise fantastic Porter Road.

Have done for special occasions Maine Lobster and Omaha....Will take a look at Porter Road.

wanted to give a little love to snake river farms. i've planned some nice dinners for next week, and ordered some food from them to be delivered this week. it arrived, and one of the items was undersized enough that it wouldn't feed all of my guests. i reached out, and they offered to send me an entire additional piece to make up for the issue. i declined since it's not their fault it was undersized, but asked for free 2-day shipping which they happily honored, and gave me another 10% discount code as a thank you. very good customer service experience.

wanted to give a little love to snake river farms. i've planned some nice dinners for next week, and ordered some food from them to be delivered this week. it arrived, and one of the items was undersized enough that it wouldn't feed all of my guests. i reached out, and they offered to send me an entire additional piece to make up for the issue. i declined since it's not their fault it was undersized, but asked for free 2-day shipping which they happily honored, and gave me another 10% discount code as a thank you. very good customer service experience.
We got a fantastic huge box of steaks from them as a gift and it’s been fantastic.

Currently we just order from a local farm, but Snake River is definitely fantastic

We got a fantastic huge box of steaks from them as a gift and it’s been fantastic.

Currently we just order from a local farm, but Snake River is definitely fantastic

i got a 3lb gold grade tomahawk, and 2 slabs of kurobuta pork ribs. and the discount suckered me into a 14lb gold grade brisket lol

Back