Mail Order and Online Foods

D’artagnan: your best bet when you want to order a 3 pound piece of foie gras*

Has @chefkritter weighed in here yet?

*this isn’t snark. I want a 3 pound piece of foie gras.

** I know it’d be a bit off-brand, but 3 pounds of foie gras would be a dope Day 4 THP holiday giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always wanted to try foie gras?! How is it?

I have been to several camps and clinics for football and wrestling. You would be surprised at how many strength coaches and nutrition experts talk about how great chocolate milk is for a recovery/ post workout drink!

Not surprised by that at all, chocolate milk is a very popular opinion for recovery/post workout.

Local butcher actually had some Creekstone Farms NY Strips, so we will be reverse searing those on the Traeger tonight to go with some Mahi Mahi.

snake river farms order is out for delivery today.

2 american wagyu gold grade cowboy steaks
2 american wagyu black grade 8oz filets
2 american wagyu black grade 6oz sirloins
2 american wagyu black grade 8oz ribeye filets
2 american wagyu gold grade 8oz sirloins

biggest question that will get answered is how they come to me. i was so disappointed with crowd cow. we'll see how srf does.

I have ordered from srf before and it was excellent. Didn't order any of the wagyu, but I can vouch for their bone-in prime filet and cowboy steak.

My big attempt this year will be those huge dino beef ribs, if I can find a good source.

my srf order came shipped perfect. it was zipped in a thermal bag, setting on top of dry ice in a plastic bag. every piece was frozen like it was right out of my freezer. really a high quality execution. and they look amazing!

b9518d4011a620e02844e077636379b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

my srf order came shipped perfect. it was zipped in a thermal bag, setting on top of dry ice in a plastic bag. every piece was frozen like it was right out of my freezer. really a high quality execution. and they look amazing!

b9518d4011a620e02844e077636379b4.jpg

Looks great! I highly recommend Marx also, we were really impressed with them. I can't wait to see the final product when you cook them up.

Snake River Farms is one that always comes up, as they are popular in the BBQ world. From what Hashtag tells me, their brisket is as good as anything out there.

Every time I have done brisket lately I get one from SRF. I'm thinking about going for a dry aged rib eye from SRF to try with the new sous vide.

Mail Order and Online Foods

holy flurk. i can’t think of a better steak i’ve ever had. 2.8 lb american wagyu gold grade cowboy steak. 134* for 4.5 hours, then seared for a couple minutes over a chimney starter, flipping every 20 seconds. just WOW.

32e223950fa5c1e623ac396dca25b9c1.jpg

45c2fb659314f13778b84e521eaf88ba.jpg

holy flurk. i can’t think of a better steak i’ve ever had. 2.8 lb american wagyu gold grade cowboy steak. 134* for 4.5 hours, then seared for a couple minutes over a chimney starter, flipping every 20 seconds. just WOW.

That looks so good.

Nerd note: please tell me that you did something fun with the dry ice.

That looks so good.

Nerd note: please tell me that you did something fun with the dry ice.

left it in the box in my garage. that stuff scares the crap out of me.

that looks amazing.

Does that ever look good. Nicely done!!

I just ordered some wild boar medallions for kabobs from Marx Foods on your recommendation JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying a new grass fed wagyu farm that has beef, free range chicken and Berkshire Pork. Pretty excited that we just placed our order.

Trying a new grass fed wagyu farm that has beef, free range chicken and Berkshire Pork. Pretty excited that we just placed our order.

do you always prefer grass fed?

Do I prefer it? Not sure. The rabbit hole of what the food industry is doing to the animals and in turn what we eat is getting to me. Going back to basics a bit so to speak.

Just ordered from a farm in Florida, trying to keep it local. I have wanted to try "Real" chicken forever, not the grocery store chicken, but real pasture raised farm fresh chicken, so I am pretty excited. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Just ordered from a farm in Florida, trying to keep it local. I have wanted to try "Real" chicken forever, not the grocery store chicken, but real pasture raised farm fresh chicken, so I am pretty excited. I hope it lives up to the hype.

It does!

Do I prefer it? Not sure. The rabbit hole of what the food industry is doing to the animals and in turn what we eat is getting to me. Going back to basics a bit so to speak.

it’s pretty disturbing. i went vegetarian for awhile after a seeing a video about farm conditions.

it’s pretty disturbing. i went vegetarian for awhile after a seeing a video about farm conditions.

There is pretty good awareness now and some good alternatives.

Back