Mail Order and Online Foods

it’s pretty disturbing. i went vegetarian for awhile after a seeing a video about farm conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is pretty good awareness now and some good alternatives.

I’m in the same boat and find myself eating less meat these days. Haven’t given up eggs yet, but just learned that many places (including free range) still kill the male chicks right when they’re born b/c it’s just not profitable to keep them. I am happy to see so many alternatives popping up though for the other stuff.

I’m in the same boat and find myself eating less meat these days. Haven’t given up eggs yet, but just learned that many places (including free range) still kill the male chicks right when they’re born b/c it’s just not profitable to keep them. I am happy to see so many alternatives popping up though for the other stuff.

There are some really good pasture farms out there we are learning about. Pay a little extra, but I just struggle with the “artificial” growth and life that is being given.

That's another one I really want to try, eggs fresh from the farm. I only buy 2 store bought brands because I have researched and they humanely raise their chickens and they are roaming free. It's way more expensive, but I definitely taste a difference, and I feel better knowing they are treated right.

No BS Eggs

That's another one I really want to try, eggs fresh from the farm. I only buy 2 store bought brands because I have researched and they humanely raise their chickens and they are roaming free. It's way more expensive, but I definitely taste a difference, and I feel better knowing they are treated right.

Yes, I can taste and see a difference too. We used to get them from a friend who had their own chickens (only had about 25 of them), and it is a huge difference in look and taste.

Mail Order and Online Foods

Yes, I can taste and see a difference too. We used to get them from a friend who had their own chickens (only had about 25 of them), and it is a huge difference in look and taste.

I can say just from the vital farms and that video above that I can taste the difference between those and the regular

Being from the Midwest and grown up in corn country, there is a big difference between the beef my buddy raises and the stuff you get at the store. Local stuff is definitely the way to go over the mass producing farms. Huge difference in taste in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been at our friends tobacco farm since yesterday. They also raise some livestock chickens, hogs, goats, 2 cows, etc. We had pork chops last night then bacon and sausage this morning that was from their hogs and fresh eggs from the chickens. The flavor was awesome! The eggs were large with orange colored yolks.

0ecefa50752eba0688305070f885f8a9.jpg

I had to try them! Nona dat bull $hit! Ahaha!

Snake River Farms is one that always comes up, as they are popular in the BBQ world. From what Hashtag tells me, their brisket is as good as anything out there.

I think I'm planning to order a prime brisket from them the next time I get ready to smoke one on my Big Green Egg

For those looking at trying some things, Marx has some good deals right now.

Their grass fed and finished steak sampler is on sale and solid.
https://www.marxfoods.com/os/On-Sale

We have had great success in our order of Iberico ribs from there.

I never really liked eggs growing up - especially yolk. But since we've switched to farm fresh eggs from some of the local places that raise their chickens this way, it's night and day.

I love this thread. Some if the comments make me wonder, but I definitely love it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Super excited that our order from the local farm came.

40e1ca3921ff203b1e8d807f4a1d0716.jpg

dda1095de1fe907a2fd4f8c13099525d.jpg

f2c11cbac4bcc3acd9f42e6c3c72868f.jpg

804f3d9d9616f3a21ed5e27b37f9dcd7.jpg

7453b18be87cd0bd0b8b68a1108d8c88.jpg

And a whole lot more.
6eb4f13d73b6db3d66aed53fb0916e57.jpg

Super excited that our order from the local farm came.

40e1ca3921ff203b1e8d807f4a1d0716.jpg

dda1095de1fe907a2fd4f8c13099525d.jpg

f2c11cbac4bcc3acd9f42e6c3c72868f.jpg

804f3d9d9616f3a21ed5e27b37f9dcd7.jpg

7453b18be87cd0bd0b8b68a1108d8c88.jpg

And a whole lot more.
6eb4f13d73b6db3d66aed53fb0916e57.jpg
Great.. Now I'm hungry

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My in-laws raise cattle and they gave us a side of beef for Christmas, and I have to say it is some of the best beef I have had in years. Every time we see them they ask how Benny tastes. Haha

Cooking up some of the chicken. Rubbed with a couple of our favorites. Will get glazed with Captain Rodney’s.

31748ca4bde78dac0e6e65a28bd37592.jpg

Anyone ever ordered American Wagyu beef from Snake River Farms and can give a review? I splurged and bought some for an upcoming beach trip and am curious how good this beef is really going to be...

Anyone ever ordered American Wagyu beef from Snake River Farms and can give a review? I splurged and bought some for an upcoming beach trip and am curious how good this beef is really going to be...

No, but great reviews and my friend Chad orders it and loves it. I like Marx foods quite a bit for us.

yes. i have ordered directly from them, and i have bought it at a local butcher. i love it. my only warning would be the american wagyu designation and highest quality grade (gold) won’t make a less desirable cut magically tender.

it’s very expensive, but absolutely delicious. is it that much better than usda prime? pretty darn close.

i would also say srf takes extremely impressive care and attention to detail when shipping. unlike crowd cow from whom i will never order again.

No, but great reviews and my friend Chad orders it and loves it. I like Marx foods quite a bit for us.

yes. i have ordered directly from them, and i have bought it at a local butcher. i love it. my only warning would be the american wagyu designation and highest quality grade (gold) won’t make a less desirable cut magically tender.

it’s very expensive, but absolutely delicious. is it that much better than usda prime? pretty darn close.

i would also say srf takes extremely impressive care and attention to detail when shipping. unlike crowd cow from whom i will never order again.

Thanks guys. Yeah - I had two orders arrive yesterday. One from Dartagnan and one from SRF. The SRF package was incredibly well packed, with dry ice, beef arrived totally frozen hard as a rock. The Dartagnan order - packed sloppily, with a couple regular ice packs, partially thawed. Very disappointing.

I'll definitely return with a review of the American Wagyu.

I got a pleasant surprise this morning. Despite letting them know I was not looking for a refund, Dartagnan responded to me this morning with a full refund. It’s always surprising when a company exceeds your customer service expectations.

Been a really big fan of the food we have ordered from Marx Foods, but wanted to try someplace different. Just placed an order from Porter Road Butchers In Nashville and looking forward to checking them out.

Got some chicken, a Trip Tip, some chili cut beef and ground beef.

Back