Do You Throw, Toss or Slam Your Clubs?

I do all of the above depending on how upset I get. If it's one shot....nothing...If it's multiple shots then the club is getting put away with aggression. A bad drive or tee shot will usually warrant a club drop. If it's the 16th hole and it's just not going right then my bag may get a whack or two from a wedge just to let it know who's in charge. I've definitely gotten better the last year though. Really try not to get too outwardly upset. Most of the time I just get really quiet now.

Would definitely get ticked in my younger years, but thats directly related to how much harder the game was than those which came easier. Now it's just a slight curse under my breath. The most frustrating part about the game is knowing you can hit the shot but not executing it to your expectation.

I have thrown clubs in the past and not proud of it.

I usually don't get upset on the golf course, however every once in a while I will toss a club.

Usually this happens when I am just playing horrible and have had 3 or 4 bad holes in a row. Then if I hit a bad shot, I will usually just toss the club up in the air a few feet or toss it towards the cart. More of just a release of pent up frustration than anger.

If it wasn't a golf course I would just scream once and it would be the same result.

And finally after the club toss, my game usually improves because I have vented out my frustrations.

Nope I don't throw my clubs. I've done the drop after the follow-through however. But it's not the same as tossing or throwing them.

Back