Bridgestone J15 Forged Wedges Preview

I love, love the J15 wedges. Hell I have had Bridgestoe wedges in the bag for 5 years. My new wedges are kind of changing the game for me.
Even with that praise, I think more can be said about these wedges.

They are so good for me. I am going to have a terrible time trying to move away from them if I ever do.

Even with that praise, I think more can be said about these wedges.

They are so good for me. I am going to have a terrible time trying to move away from them if I ever do.

They are that good! It will be hard for me to sway away from them. I've hit so many good shots with these. This past weekend I had about 5 shots that I was able to take full swings. They throw the ball high and like a dart. I really like hitting a full swing with my 58* from 80-90 yards. 54* is my 90-100 yard shot and 50* is 100-110. Money money money.

Could any of you guys please share some pics of the head at address? Either a 54/56/58 would be great! Thanks

bump for hicksta!!

Canadan is da man! 54 and 58 on order from Discount Dan's Golf. Looking forward to putting them in play!

Really wanting to bag these. Looking for a 50/54 to go with the J15CB's that are en route

Really wanting to bag these. Looking for a 50/54 to go with the J15CB's that are en route

They are some fantastic wedges. My 50 is money out of the rough. Turf interaction is phenomenal.

I should have my 54 and 58 in the bag next week!

Finally received tracking info for my wedges. They'll be in the bag tomorrow :D

My meow ponder with these is bending my 50 to 48 picking up a 52 and gaming my 56...

But it is just a ponder right now.

These things look and feel GREAT! Can't wait to get them out on the course!

7c3f65e9c9bff5a54415277194d8e560.jpg

Another round in the books, another bit of carving with the J15 wedges. I'm at about 100 yards with the 58, 115 with the 54, and 125 with the 50. Hitting where I want, when I want.

I really wish they made these in a 46. I know it's silly, but I'd love it.

Another round in the books, another bit of carving with the J15 wedges. I'm at about 100 yards with the 58, 115 with the 54, and 125 with the 50. Hitting where I want, when I want.

I really wish they made these in a 46. I know it's silly, but I'd love it.

I love my 50 on a full swing (90yds) but I prefer other wedges greenside. One thing I will say is this black finish holds up better than anything I've ever seen!!

I love my 50 on a full swing (90yds) but I prefer other wedges greenside. One thing I will say is this black finish holds up better than anything I've ever seen!!

I keep meaning to snap a photo in regular light but constantly forget. I've put the 50* through the ringer and it just keeps on looking decent. Sure, the sole is notably worn down, but everything else is holding up so strong.

Annnnndddd the 50* is on the way!

I gave mine a pretty rough go last year, and the black finish is holding up wonderfully. I've had zero thoughts about replacing them, they're just everything I wanted out of them.

I've still only got about 5 swings on these, they were Dan's at the staff retreat, but they're lookers for sure. B'stone does wedges sneaky well.

I've still only got about 5 swings on these, they were Dan's at the staff retreat, but they're lookers for sure. B'stone does wedges sneaky well.

We should play together more. They want to be experienced.

Man the weight of the 58º is going to take some getting used to. I was having a tough time with it on the range today. Anything more than 3/4 swing was a disaster, but when I did connect it felt great!

I put the 52* J15 back in play today, at the 100+/- yards range it's throwing darts. So versatile on partial swings and all the way down to chipping, I'm pretty confident I could use this club for almost any wedge shot. It's just so good!

Going to show some finish wear on the 58 after more than a year of gaming. As you can see, I like to open up the face especially around the green. This is wildly different than the 54 and 50 which I never hit out of the sand and don't have anywhere near the same number of strikes on... The finish is still very good on them.

22c625f803c93008d0fd0a8b8bdadc19.jpg

f3733c903539a6e633a8458ee956cf5f.jpg

I've had these a couple months now and I'm even more of a fan since putting the Modus3s in them. These are going to be in my bag for quite awhile!

I've had these a couple months now and I'm even more of a fan since putting the Modus3s in them. These are going to be in my bag for quite awhile!

Before I grabbed the MD3 I was never leaving these wedges. I will never part with them.

Back