Mail Order and Online Foods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We recently ordered from Marx Foods and had great success with Iberico ribs. We know others (saw in banter thread) had used Omaha Steaks.
There are tons of these places and some specialize in high end beef, pork and poultry along with other items.

Figured this would be a good thread to discuss.

I've seriously considered getting some Omaha Steaks ordered. I can get extra cash back (10%) through my CC so it's pretty decent value for what I could get...but we have no freezer space.

I've seriously considered getting some Omaha Steaks ordered. I can get extra cash back (10%) through my CC so it's pretty decent value for what I could get...but we have no freezer space.
Couple the CC discount with the first purchase discount offered by various radio personalities/podcasts and it's always been something I've considered but never purchased.

Seems like an incredible value and worth the try.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Admin
Couple the CC discount with the first purchase discount offered by various radio personalities/podcasts and it's always been something I've considered but never purchased.

Seems like an incredible value and worth the try.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I always thought Omaha Steaks were a bit like regular Choice cuts from butcher shops. Do you know if they sell Prime or Wagyu?

I always thought Omaha Steaks were a bit like regular Choice cuts from butcher shops. Do you know if they sell Prime or Wagyu?
I got the same feeling and placed a few orders with them many years ago. The meat was good but they would hound you for years after you placed an order with their 'specials'. It was so annoying we had to ask them 5 times to place us on the do not call list before it finally stopped. Back when I was ordering I do not believe they had Prime or Wagyu offerings. I realized it was easier and less frustrating to go to the butcher when I wanted meat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We order ham, smoked turkey, smoked pork chops, bratwurst, and bacon from Nueske’s about 4-5 times a year. We have one of their 7 lb. smoked turkey breasts arriving today along with some bacon. They are a 3rd generation family owned business and there bacon is famous at high end restaurants from L.A. to New York City.

Last edited:
  • Admin
I got the same feeling and placed a few orders with them many years ago. The meat was good but they would hound you for years after you placed an order with their 'specials'. It was so annoying we had to ask them 5 times to place us on the do not call list before it finally stopped. Back when I was ordering I do not believe they had Prime or Wagyu offerings. I realized it was easier and less frustrating to go to the butcher when I wanted meat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We have a decent local butcher here, that carries Creekstone beef, which is really good stuff. We also have Whole Foods, Fresh Market, etc all with in 2 miles of our home. Yet there are so many awesome online places for the cream of the crop, that it makes me browse so often. We finally ordered from Marx Foods for the Iberico and came away really really impressed.

Snake River Farms does american waygu. I have wanted to order some but haven't yet. If your a Costco member you can order A5 waygu from their website, but you will be paying a pretty penny.

Snake River Farms does american waygu. I have wanted to order some but haven't yet. If your a Costco member you can order A5 waygu from their website, but you will be paying a pretty penny.

Snake River Farms is one that always comes up, as they are popular in the BBQ world. From what Hashtag tells me, their brisket is as good as anything out there.

We order a lot of food from a company called Thrive, due to my wife’s dietary needs. And the food is quite good, if you are looking for organic alternatives to things that you normally eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done Omaha Steaks before and they’re fine but really nothing special. Choice cuts from the supermarket is a good comparison.

We order a lot of food from a company called Thrive, due to my wife’s dietary needs. And the food is quite good, if you are looking for organic alternatives to things that you normally eat.

I have ordered from them before, then I realized the health food markets around here carried the same stuff so I stopped ordering, but I had a great experience with them, so I second this.

The health food stores started popping up about a year ago over here and we went from having 2 to having 5 within a few miles. I keep wondering how long they will all last, they are so close to each other I can't imagine it will be sustainable long term.

Here in the UK I sometimes get a flyer for an online butcher offering a pack of various different cuts of meats and steak, and to be honest it actually looks like decent value for money - the only issue is at the moment it doesn't suit that there is often 3 of us in the house and each of the steaks are in packs of 2

I used to use a farm-shop at a place local to where I used to live when I was on my own - it was slightly more expensive than the local supermarkets but the quality of the meat was a lot better and worth the extra cost in my opinion

We don't have a farm-shop near enough to us, but we do have a decent butcher that we use on a regular basis

Each year I order my dad meats for Christmas. Something different and I know he'll use it! This year went to Snake River Farms for a few fillets and some pork tenderloins.

i'm not a beef connoisseur, but snake river farms is the best i've ever had. their american wagyu is crazy expensive, but worth it for a splurge every now and then.

i posted somewhere else about my issues with crowd cow. as badly as i want to try real kobe or matsusaka a5 wagyu, it won't be from crowd cow.

that costco a5 is going to happen, maybe sooner rather than later. i just HAVE to see it what it's all about.

i'm not a beef connoisseur, but snake river farms is the best i've ever had. their american wagyu is crazy expensive, but worth it for a splurge every now and then.

i posted somewhere else about my issues with crowd cow. as badly as i want to try real kobe or matsusaka a5 wagyu, it won't be from crowd cow.

that costco a5 is going to happen, maybe sooner rather than later. i just HAVE to see it what it's all about.

Have you tried Lobels or Allen Brothers? Pat LaFrieda?

Benton's country hams and bacon is awesome!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve done Omaha Steaks before and they’re fine but really nothing special. Choice cuts from the supermarket is a good comparison.

That's pretty much how I felt. Doubt I'll order from them again unless I get a gift card or something.

none of the above. only heard of allen brothers and i've definitely considered it.

Pat LaFrieda is what’s up. Peter Luger’s Black label burger with LaFrieda’s custom blend will make you see God.

Benton's country hams and bacon is awesome!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Benton’s bacon is amazing. When I’ve had it, I save the fat and infuse it into Bourbon to make bacon old fashioneds.

Back