2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, been awhile since ive seen this view. Feels good

d4b383eda34b7851c8329b9bd5b64b75.jpg

Did you lose a lot of weight?

Did you lose a lot of weight?
Haha nah slight fracture in my hand skiing, took a few weeks off. I'm trying to gain weight

Haha nah slight fracture in my hand skiing, took a few weeks off. I'm trying to gain weight

Get it done Evok!

453427f340fd1e4cfbcda811526e4b61.jpg

Blue and Gold.I might pm you with some questions.You sound like a highly skilled golfer who knows a lot about body movement.

Blue and Gold.I might pm you with some questions.You sound like a highly skilled golfer who knows a lot about body movement.
Please do.

I had another great workout today doing legs. And let me say that I love 5-1 weeks, every set I feel can lift more and more.

I started with squats going 225-265, and putting up the 265 5 times! I was very happy.

I did calf raises, front squats, and weighted alternating lunges.

I definitely like where the progress is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had another great workout today doing legs. And let me say that I love 5-1 weeks, every set I feel can lift more and more.

I started with squats going 225-265, and putting up the 265 5 times! I was very happy.

I did calf raises, front squats, and weighted alternating lunges.

I definitely like where the progress is going.

Nice squat man! I'm hoping to progress mine up there in the coming months.

Nice squat man! I'm hoping to progress mine up there in the coming months.

Thanks! Idk if I'll be able to walk tomorrow, but it's ok. I always try and get as many reps in on my final set, on 5-1. The first 2 reps at 265 went smooth then from there I'd have to stop at the top regroup and decide if I wanted to do anymore.

Thanks! Idk if I'll be able to walk tomorrow, but it's ok. I always try and get as many reps in on my final set, on 5-1. The first 2 reps at 265 went smooth then from there I'd have to stop at the top regroup and decide if I wanted to do anymore.

You're already at almost 1.5x your bw which is pretty cool imo. Just remember it's not a sprint, but a marathon.

You're already at almost 1.5x your bw which is pretty cool imo. Just remember it's not a sprint, but a marathon.

Heck ya I did the one rep max and it said 305lbs! In all honesty though it's more like a 400m for me, I don't lift heavy during golf season, so I want to hit my goals by the end of March. But I'm getting there. I want 200 on bench(more like 225), 300 on squat, 400 on deadlift.

Heck ya I did the one rep max and it said 305lbs! In all honesty though it's more like a 400m for me, I don't lift heavy during golf season, so I want to hit my goals by the end of March. But I'm getting there. I want 200 on bench(more like 225), 300 on squat, 400 on deadlift.

It's OK to lift during golf season. Soreness is more mental than anything.

It's OK to lift during golf season. Soreness is more mental than anything.

I will lift, I just do more lower/ high reps during the golf season. I try to golf/ go to the range 2-3 times a week.

Good evening in the gym tonight. Squats, press, and deadlift. Extra day of rest over the weekend thanks to the February outdoor golf yesterday. I went with a little wider grip on my squat, as I think going a bit too narrow was what was causing some of that elbow pain. Still felt a little soreness in there but not bad at all. Almost lost it in my last set. Broke my hips fast than my knees and the weight got a bit forward. Was able to regroup and finished the set strong. Press was pretty good, and deadlift was great. Hook grip was better than last time. I have insanely long thumbs, so they really get tucked in there under the fingers. Didn't feel anything in my biceps or elbow pulling, which was fantastic. LP keeps on going.

LP is fun.

I will lift, I just do more lower/ high reps during the golf season. I try to golf/ go to the range 2-3 times a week.

You can still gain strength while doing high reps so don't worry about that. Id honestly just keep a good flow throughout but ultimately only you will know what will work for yourself. Think you're on a damn good path regardless.

Pretty decent session tonight.

Superset 1
Power cleans 3x5
Press 3x7

Squats 3x5

Superset 2
Trap bar farmers walk 3 sets
Kettlebells swings 3x20

Superset 3
Facepulls 3x8
Triceps extensions 3x10

Wheel rollout 1x10

You can still gain strength while doing high reps so don't worry about that. Id honestly just keep a good flow throughout but ultimately only you will know what will work for yourself. Think you're on a damn good path regardless.

Thanks man, i really appreciate it! It really depends on a whole list of things, work schedule being the hardest thing to work around. When I travel it's easy because I have all night to lift/golf 5 nights a week, when I'm working at home, I have the family obligations so it cuts into hobbies. Not that it's a bad thing, just more challenging.

Bought some dumb bells and working on my runner stance stretch move standing up.Boy I feel a huge huge burn and strain.This is exactly what my teaching pro is pushing me to feel in the swing.My upper body feels like it is closed while the lower just slams around the corner.Im so going to nail this swing thing

Body fat down a touch.
Weight up 3lbs
Waist still a solid 30 inches.
Lifting heavier.

And yes I did eat a medium peperoni pizza to myself on Saturday night.

Yoga.
Now this is a thread I need some advice.Any drills I can use at the office to help with my pivot separation-flexibility issues?During quite hours I will lay on my office floor in a runners stance and hold that position until I feel tightness.Meaning upper body turned back,while my lower is rotated open while laying on the floor.Will this help trying to learn a pivot swing motion?Luckily no one has stepped in on my doing this.They might think I'm having a heart attack.Just need some advice from accomplished golfers that work on body flexibility please

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Missed my lunch workout so decided to hop into the YMCA with my friends for a night session. Still progressing on my 5x5's, handled the 275 squat and 335 deadlift nicely today.

My legs can take much more on squats, but I'm not sure my shoulder can. I've got thumbs over the bar and elbows up and creating a shelf, I'm just not sure if my body has the ROM to do the low bar squat even somewhat comfortably.

Missed my lunch workout so decided to hop into the YMCA with my friends for a night session. Still progressing on my 5x5's, handled the 275 squat and 335 deadlift nicely today.

My legs can take much more on squats, but I'm not sure my shoulder can. I've got thumbs over the bar and elbows up and creating a shelf, I'm just not sure if my body has the ROM to do the low bar squat even somewhat comfortably.
I would like to see a video if you can.

Age? History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back