Odyssey EXO vs O-Works

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been an O-Works user since they came out and dabbled in EXO over the last year with an Indy. I always seemed to go back to the O-Works insert because of how much I love the feel and the roll it puts on the ball. Recently I picked up a putter that had the EXO insert again and really started enjoying it more and more.

For THPers that have tried both, which did you prefer and why?

I'm totally interested in the feedback here as I really like the O-Works (and am considering one) but have yet to try the EXO. I didn't realize they were very different.

• Admin
I'm totally interested in the feedback here as I really like the O-Works (and am considering one) but have yet to try the EXO. I didn't realize they were very different.

Here is Sean explaining the EXO.

I've tried both and gamed the O-Works as I felt it put such a fantastic roll on the ball that it helped shorten my stroke a little and produced better results. It also doesn't help that I like small putters and Exo is not that right now.

The O Works for almost every reason. I prefer the look, feel, and roll of it all more than the Exo. It just works for me. 7S has been in my bag since the day I bought it.

o-works and it's honestly not close for me. exo was off to my ear, and the larger shape was distracting. something about the o-works insert is just perfect.

Interested in hearing people's thoughts on this, currently have the 7s and have enjoyed it. Haven't tested the EXO at all.

I only rolled an EXO in the store and it put a good roll on the ball, but felt lighter than the OWorks putters. I think for that reason i like the Oworks line a little better. That being said, i am not sure i spent enough time with the EXO to completely rule it out.

Having putted with both, I prefer the White Hot Microhinge insert to the OWorks. That said I can't put my finger on why.

That video was just packed with information. The insights of roll, sound and feedback have me needing to compare the two inserts for sure. Inrteresting feedback from THPers here already.

Having putted with both, I prefer the White Hot Microhinge insert to the OWorks. That said I can't put my finger on why.

I didn't mind the EXO insert but I too prefer the O-works for reasons mentioned. I don't like putting with larger putter heads and that is where the EXO is right now.

EXO for me - microhinge with the white hot insert cannot be beat the Rossie head gives me such confidence

Superb flatstick for me and my game

Never got comfortable with O works

I really enjoyed the O works and putted very well with it. I haven’t given the Exo a shot besides in stores so I can give it a fair comparison. The insert I’m really loving now is the White Hot RX insert. Fantastic for me.

I have played an O-Works Tank 7 and am currently using a 7 and like them both. When I go to the golf store I roll an Exo or two but they do not motivate me to switch. PGA has a bunch of Scotty and Taylormade to use and I just prefer the O-Works. I like the design of the Exo but the are too busy looking for me.

That video was just packed with information. The insights of roll, sound and feedback have me needing to compare the two inserts for sure. Inrteresting feedback from THPers here already.

Thanks. I thought so too, despite it being really early before the show opened : )

Haven't gamed an existing, just the o works, but I'm interested in others' thoughts

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think both put a really good roll on the ball but for my tastes the White Hot Microhinge is a better feeling/sounding insert. Maybe it's a mental thing having "White Hot" in the name since that's one of my favorites ever but it is my preference.

I've gamed an O-Works (7) for over a year and I really like the feel off the face. Unfortunately every time I go into Golftown (not local) they never have a EXO 7 in my length and I refuse to stroke a putter that is 2 inches too long. In Canada, the EXO line are over $400 CAD so it would have to be a huge improvement in order to make a switch, the O-Works is just so good.

Out of the two I prefer the O-works so far. I like the previous white hot insert the best though. Something about the micro-hinges seem to negatively change the feel for me and they roll the ball much faster. I've struggled with the O-works and exo putters on fast greens but that could all be in my head

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have been an O-Works user since they came out and dabbled in EXO over the last year with an Indy. I always seemed to go back to the O-Works insert because of how much I love the feel and the roll it puts on the ball. Recently I picked up a putter that had the EXO insert again and really started enjoying it more and more.

For THPers that have tried both, which did you prefer and why?
I love the EXO insert but I play a blade (ish) putter and unfortunately I didn't have an option in the EXO (yet?)

I really like both the Microhinge and the White Hot Microhinge insert, and I honestly don't know if I have a preference at this point.

I love the EXO insert for its responsiveness and roll. A 3 ft putt feels different than a 6 ft putt, and the sound is pleasing. I never thought I'd truly enjoy an insert putter but the EXO insert has me changing my tune.

I liked the roll O works put on the ball (how could you not?) But I just never could game a putter with that super super soft feel all the time.

Back