So, who is playing graphite shafts in their irons?

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious. If so, which ones?

Installed Recoil F3's in a set of Z545's last year and didn't really care for it. Thinking about giving it another try. Saw some Matrix Kujoh and Kuro Kage shafts for a good deal to put in my Fourteen PC 555.

Also, my Fourteens have a .355 taper tip hosel. It looks like most of the aftermarket graphite iron shafts have .370 tips. Do you guys sand them down?

Last edited:
me, aldila rogue pro

Plenty of other threads, but I have gone graphite and the only downside for me is cost. Don't plan on going back anytime soon if ever.

tried steelfiber last year in two different weights and two different flexes. expensive mistake. i've hit recoil, but didn't do much for me. one of my favorite shafts is still the og px, so that may explain why i haven't cared for graphite yet haha

I have been testing a Recoil in my back up 6iron and really have enjoyed it. I don't know if it psychosomatic or just because I am swinging the club less over the winter but it seems to be helping my elbow, I don't notice any pain after a range session. A sore elbow was pretty much a given all last season. Adamw238 is going to install them in my whole set of MP'54's.

Tons and tons of threads on graphite shafts here.

Recoil 110s for me

All my clubs are graphite except wedges & putter

This guy! Matrix Programs and I absolutely adore them. I also have a set with Kuro Kage shafts which I like very much.

recoil 110 f4 for me and I love them

Have played Fuji MCI for two years now and love them other than the price

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Project X SD in all the irons the dampening effect really helped hand, wrist, and elbow pain but still has good feel. Still prefer the heavier crisp feeling of a steel shaft in my wedges though.

Recoil 780 f4s in my irons, and I was surprised how sturdy they were when compared to other iron sets that I have used. I think graphite is the future once the price is close enough for people to take the plunge

steelfiber 95s for me

I went to graphite 3 years ago and haven't looked back. My elbows and wrists thank me for it.

In love with my Aerotechs. Don't plan on making a change anytime soon.

Me. Recoil 110s and I love them.

I have a set just waiting to go into the right iron head.

I've had graphite shafts in the last 3 sets of clubs. Everything is graphite except for the putters and a few wedges. Will never go back to steel.

I have recoils in mine now. Only a little time with them, but enjoy them quite a bit.

Recoils in my Apex irons. I love them. I can't say for certain I'll carry over graphite shafts with my next set, but my next set is probably a long ways away.

I have Project X in mine.

Back