Wilson-Staff FG Tour F5 Irons - THP Review Thread

For those that have hit the C200, W/S FG Tour F5 and Cobra King F6 irons, how do they compare?

For those that have hit the C200, W/S FG Tour F5 and Cobra King F6 irons, how do they compare?
Different beasts imo, and it'll all come back to what you want. These are the Forged feel irons with a more slim profile that still offers solid launch and forgiveness. The C200 offer a ton of distance and ball speed retention in a unique and different look with the slots. Then the F6 are a completely progressive set that have a ton of distance as well as a forgiveness but in a design intent on providing different levels of launch/forgiveness through the set.

Different beasts imo, and it'll all come back to what you want. These are the Forged feel irons with a more slim profile that still offers solid launch and forgiveness. The C200 offer a ton of distance and ball speed retention in a unique and different look with the slots. Then the F6 are a completely progressive set that have a ton of distance as well as a forgiveness but in a design intent on providing different levels of launch/forgiveness through the set.
That's the results of my first round with the F6 irons and driver. I had a nice smooth swing and was most well pleased with the launch angles and distances with these irons, especially the first round with them. My friend that I play with all the time commented after the round on what a great launch angle the irons produced. The F6 driver produced a high launch but found the fairway all day. After a few holes I moved the ball position at address back about an inch and the launch angles lowered to a much better angle. Hit 11 of 12 par 4's & 5's, two par 4's are "short & sporty" doglegs where irons are played from the tee. Can't ask for anything better and the driver produced a great feel at impact.

Glad everyone had enjoyed this review, thank you all for taking the time to read it!

Pumped a set will be given away!!

Havent gone back thru the thread but iirc you swapped shafts in these correct? Did anything change flight, feel or forgiveness wise?

Havent gone back thru the thread but iirc you swapped shafts in these correct? Did anything change flight, feel or forgiveness wise?
Currently have s+ 125g Tour FLTD in them. Still seeing a nice ball flight through the set, no change in feel or retention based on the numbers I have tracked. Likely to put DG Pro X100 in them soon!

Currently have s+ 125g Tour FLTD in them. Still seeing a nice ball flight through the set, no change in feel or retention based on the numbers I have tracked. Likely to put DG Pro X100 in them soon!

thanks. The review and testing has these on my want lost and would consider the amt s400 tour issue in them.

I have a set of these sitting in my office and they are just a really good looking iron. I think we will give them away in some form in the next couple of months to a THPer.
Yesssssss!!! So looking forward to that. I love the looks of these and am still bummed I couldn't hit when I tried to a month or so ago.

Glad everyone had enjoyed this review, thank you all for taking the time to read it!
Add me to the list of those who enjoyed the review, Jman. I'm hoping I can convince my dad to give these a look once he starts talking about new irons. His TM Burners are getting old. :D

Hi war eagle

Lol dude must really love those old sldr

Some crazy bastard even tried to send him a set to try for a while....

I know, I know.

Yeah....mmmnooo

Well, we all know youre crazy.

How about we stop somewhere on the way to Bama and hit these?

Well I may find a place that carries these tomorrow.

I need some Wilson goodness in my bag.

Another round of phone calls but nobody around here has these in stock, or has any intention of stocking them. Such a shame.

Another round of phone calls but nobody around here has these in stock, or has any intention of stocking them. Such a shame.

I can't wait for Wilson to get into stores up north.

I can't wait for Wilson to get into stores up north.

Golf Town here is stocking the Duo Urethane and the D200 irons...that's it. We'll call that a step in the right direction but I fear we are still a couple years away from a stronger W/S presence.

Golf Town here is stocking the Duo Urethane and the D200 irons...that's it. We'll call that a step in the right direction but I fear we are still a couple years away from a stronger W/S presence.

I think your right. I also have no problem buying W/S blind though. The FG line has been some of the best irons since the V2's.

That beats my local Golfsmith - no Duo-U and the only irons on hand are the demo clubs.

stupid thought here.....with all the talk and support wilson staff gets on this site, in conjunction with the relationship this "site" has fostered with W/S, which seems to be super amicable, maybe you could get a name of some one to talk to at wilson and ask for a couple demo clubs. i dont think that sounds unrealistic and it is something i would pursue. gl

stupid thought here.....with all the talk and support wilson staff gets on this site, in conjunction with the relationship this "site" has fostered with W/S, which seems to be super amicable, maybe you could get a name of some one to talk to at wilson and ask for a couple demo clubs. i dont think that sounds unrealistic and it is something i would pursue. gl
Some companies do indeed have demo programs, I do not believe W/S is one of them.

While something like that seems simple, it has the potential of opening up Pandoras box. Sucks they aren't easily findable for Army, but there is no doubt they are striving to keep expanding access and we have seen an improvement already.

These F5's look sweet but I think my next set of irons is going to be from PXG. I'll have to save up for a decade.:act-up:

Got my set today. 3-pw .5" long 1*up and two degree strong loft with tour issue x100. Now if it can just warm up so I can play these bad boys. The pictures of these don't do them justice. The tour frosted finish looks amazing and not cheap at all. The only thing that I might have issue with but not really is the word forged on the sole. It's not a big deal just seems like a weird placement. I can't wait to take these out and do a full write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, bavs.

Some companies do indeed have demo programs, I do not believe W/S is one of them.

While something like that seems simple, it has the potential of opening up Pandoras box. Sucks they aren't easily findable for Army, but there is no doubt they are striving to keep expanding access and we have seen an improvement already.

As I always do I will find a way to hit them eventually. I'm not really the type to want or expect any kind of special treatment, I just selfishly want to be able to demo or buy their equipment without any hassle, favors, or duties. Their stuff is on par or better than a TON of their competitors and it's time they started to take up some shelf space!

Get ready for some updates to this thread, going to grab these and reshaft with some KBS Tour 90s.

This is going to be a fun one.

Back