Apple Pie with Cheddar Cheese - Good or Wrong?

Wrong. So wrong.

I had one of my regular customers at my restaurant ask me to make him an apple and cheddar omelet today. He absolutely loved it and said I should run it as a special, but I just don't think it would sell well

sounds weird, but I could maybe see it working. I would definetly at least try i.

I am still shocked by the number of people that give this the thumbs down and have not even tried it. Thank god hybrids didn't die this death.

Just saw this thread and had to respond.........Yes, yes,.....yes! Apple pie with cheddar cheese is a fantastic combo...love it!
But, it has to be a good aged cheddar cheese, not that processed sliced Kraft "cheese-like" stuff.

Old family custom warm apple pie with a slice of cold American cheese and ice cream on the side. Strangely delicious.

This will be tried tonight.

It makes so much sense as someone else mentioned it's like a fruit and cheese platter. I just don't like pie. Enjoy it JB.

And here we go
0b426ad5851ba309f3f7dbb0eeb464c4.jpg

Gotta admit, both GG and I said "not bad".

What kind of cheese did you go with. A nice aged sharp cheddar would be my choice.

What kind of cheese did you go with. A nice aged sharp cheddar would be my choice.

A moderately sharp Wisconsin Cheddar.
If I do it again, I would go with a really good Vermont Cheddar that has been aged.

Ok so can it still be good but wrong at the same time? Because that looks like something that will clog a toilet

Ok so can it still be good but wrong at the same time? Because that looks like something that will clog a toilet

Well its still early and maybe it will....haha

Ill be honest here. I made GG go first, but once you try it, its not bad.
Its kind of like eating a cheese and fruit platter.
Ever thought of dunking an apple into cheese fondue or the like? its very good.
While I think this is a bit more sweet (pie to sliced apple), it was still decent.

Haha here Morgan you jump in first but I'll be right behind ya

It sure is interesting. But hey if people can sell drivers shaped like tires then I'm sure someone can sell cheese on apple pie.

The only thing which should be served with Apple Pie is Vanilla Ice Cream.

Glad to see that you guys got to try it. Still one of my favorites to have from time to time. I'm not a cheese aficionado, but mild cheddar is about the only kind I have ever had on it except a coup,e of times with American slices, which is a little too bland for me.

JM

I guess I'd give it a shot. Can't be that bad. Apple pie= good, cheese=good.

Back