Callaway XR 16 Fairway Wood - THP Review Thread

I switched back to an XR 16 FW and went with a 4W this time around. Similar to the 3W it is a monster and I can't get over how great it sounds!

First round with the XR16 Pro yesterday was better than expected. I had no problem getting shots in the air with the 14* head and hit it as well as any FW I've tried off the deck. The ground was wet with little roll out and I was hitting it 230 to 240, with one shot off the deck at 250 going into a par 5.

Used the xr16 pro 3 wood today off the tee on 13/14 holes and only missed the fairway 3 times. I'm seeing right around 230 yards total and hit several farther. I get a predictable low to mid trajectory with a slight fade. Now I just need to avoid ebay so I won't buy the matching driver.

Seriously contemplating a hzrdus yellow 75g 6.0 in my xr16 pro 4w

Sounds like a great combo (for someone besides me, LOL). I'm starting to really buy-in to the Pro 4W with the Oban Devotion7, though. Not quite as long as a 3W, but better launch, and more usable off the deck.

Sounds like a great combo (for someone besides me, LOL). I'm starting to really buy-in to the Pro 4W with the Oban Devotion7, though. Not quite as long as a 3W, but better launch, and more usable off the deck.
I really think it will be a monster combo. I already know I love the 63g 6.5 in driver. Might as well match lol

Say good bye to your driver then cause that club would be a beast off the tee for you

Say good bye to your driver then cause that club would be a beast off the tee for you
Hope not then I'd be redoing the top of my bag lol

Messed around with a XR16 5 wood yesterday. Usually I would go towards the Pro version but I really really like this. Very good feel and the performance was great. Definitely long.

Going to mess around with some different shafts and potentially pick up a Strong 3 (14*) in it as well. The strong 3 is a bit smaller (160cc) then the normal 3, which I like. Same cc size as the 5 wood.

Would any know what size shaft the XR16 Pro hosel takes?

Thanks Freddie, I may have to have a XR16 pro 16 deg.and I have a couple of shafts sitting around so maybe I will try and find a head only.

Got the XR16 5W out on the range today, and I liked what I saw. Flight and sound are excellent, and I hit a couple off the heel and one of the toe and didn't find it to be too punishing.

Will report back after I get it on the course tomorrow.

Took out my XR16 5W for it's maiden voyage today, and while my swing was inconsistent (always is) I hit a couple really well with this club. Hit it 3 times, one off a pretty big sidehill (was well above my feet) and popped it up left. 2nd one where I rushed the downswing and sliced one out to the right, but on the one where I put a good swing on it I was rewarded with 223 yards into a 10mph wind. That is a big hit for me since my best drive of the day was 253.

Can't wait to get this out for some more rounds, but honestly I actually prefer this club right now to my GBB 3W. Think the head is a little smaller and with the shorter shaft it just feels more comfortable over the ball.

Another day using the pro 3 wood almost exclusively off the tee I and couldn't be happier. I had a few misses out on the toe that drew, but were still easily in play. If I could just find a driver I hit as well.

I had a couple of crap swings, today, with the Pro 4W, but then went on to hit it pretty well. No forgiveness on this kne, but when struck well, wow.

Good height (not high, but not low), and the face just seems crazy hot.

I had a couple of crap swings, today, with the Pro 4W, but then went on to hit it pretty well. No forgiveness on this kne, but when struck well, wow.

Good height (not high, but not low), and the face just seems crazy hot.

How has it been off the deck for you?

Surprisingly, I hit it better off the deck than off the tee, right now. I don't really have a good explanation for that, though. My mind knows it should be the other way around, but it's not, so far.

After 2 rounds using the xr16 3w with X-stiff and not getting the results I wanted, decided to buy a stock stiff flex shaft and see if I'll get what I'm looking for now. Off the tee the penetrating flight is good but off the deck I'd like to see more height than run out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used the 4w 6x off the tee today as I played a tight course. Was really surprised with the length I was getting with this club, just explodes off the face like a little cannon. A very reliable ball fight - draw on a mid high trajectory that takes off when it hits the ground. Looking forward to using it some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to know...how would you set up your bag with fairway woods from the following choices..3 wood..5 wood..7 wood..Heavenwood...9 wood..11 wood....which would you most likely keep in your bag and why

I need to throw some lead tape on the back of mine. Need a bit more launch

Played 46 holes this past Sunday on a quick trip and had my new Callaway XR setups in the bag. Extremely impressed by the performance and feel. I wanted to move into something a touch bigger then what I've been playing in the past. Excited for their potential.

Back