The Car Shopping Thread

I feel like every truck gives me sticker shock at this point. I honestly have no idea how they have gone up so much in 10-15 years.
For sure. When the gas price crisis hit 10 years ago you could buy a truck for nothing.

Now they are ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I feel like every truck gives me sticker shock at this point. I honestly have no idea how they have gone up so much in 10-15 years.

Ya, it's crazy! My brother in law got a Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 (brand new) in 2008 for $35000! Now you can get a "cheap" version of the same truck currently for $45000. $10,000 up in 8 years!

For sure. When the gas price crisis hit 10 years ago you could buy a truck for nothing.

Now they are ridiculous.

I just looked, a 2006 Titan started at 23k, a 2016 starts at 40.

An altima started at 18, and now starts at 22.

Unless they changed it.

The 3.6l they had in the Acadia was **** awful.

We had my wife's Equinox (with Eco) serviced. They recommend a system cleaning to get the carbon off the pistons and injectors. Also included something in the tank to clean the lines. They wanted $150. Can something from Auto zone do the samething for much less? She has 28k miles.

We had my wife's Equinox (with Eco) serviced. They recommend a system cleaning to get the carbon off the pistons and injectors. Also included something in the tank to clean the lines. They wanted $150. Can something from Auto zone do the samething for much less? She has 28k miles.
All depends on the product they use.

Nothing store bought compares to BG brand but stuff like Wynn's and Mach are garbage.

With DI though you definitely want fuel services done as the back of the valves get filthy so induction services are paramount.

All depends on the product they use.

Nothing store bought compares to BG brand but stuff like Wynn's and Mach are garbage.

With DI though you definitely want fuel services done as the back of the valves get filthy so induction services are paramount.

Ok. Something we'll have done then. Just wasn't sure if there was something at home that would do the samething.

Ok. Something we'll have done then. Just wasn't sure if there was something at home that would do the samething.
Not if they are doing it correctly.

I need that c63 amg coupe.

Because they are the new family vehicle since adding a crew cab everyone has to have one. The only people that bought them before was people that needed a truck, now that they are decked out like a luxury car on the inside they've skyrocketed in price.

ok, looking for suggestions for a full size sedan 2004 and newer that can be had in the 10-12K range

accord, camry, mazda6 are already on the list

NO german made

aaaaaaand go!

Because they are the new family vehicle since adding a crew cab everyone has to have one. The only people that bought them before was people that needed a truck, now that they are decked out like a luxury car on the inside they've skyrocketed in price.
But the same was certainly true on 06. That was in the days the F250 had replaced the Escalade as the vehicle to drive to be big pimpin.

And Toyota is proud of that thing. I know it will last, but talk about sticker shock

When I first looked it was a shock and they hold their value well

Truck prices....crippling really. And having to drive one for work....It's even more painful knowing it will get worked.

But the same was certainly true on 06. That was in the days the F250 had replaced the Escalade as the vehicle to drive to be big pimpin.

At least here they hadn't set in yet bought my truck in 06 and i got lots of questions about buying a crewcab. I was working construction and the back seat was for tools and the bed for material. Within 4-5yrs the price tag went up 15K on my truck. Now the price is almost double what I paid.

At least here they hadn't set in yet bought my truck in 06 and i got lots of questions about buying a crewcab. I was working construction and the back seat was for tools and the bed for material. Within 4-5yrs the price tag went up 15K on my truck. Now the price is almost double what I paid.
Oh yeah, at that point every club had lifted crew cab F250s parked out front.

Looking a getting a new 2016 Platinum Murano. Any Murano owners on here that would care to share their experience? Would you buy one again based on your user experience?

Thanks in advance.

FYI guys! The Ford GT ordering process begins tomorrow and runs until May 12 at midnight. Sooooo if you want a chance to get one, www.FordGT.com tomorrow and fill out the application for you shot.

According to the paperwork I read today, they are only going to be making 250 a year for the next two years, for a total of 500, and that's WORLDWIDE! They still won't tell us the exact price or horsepower, but said "mid $400,000 range" for price and "over 600 horsepower" for the output.

Feel free to choose my dealership for you delivery point if you'd like. I personally won't get anything out of it (unless you finance it...which I'd be VERY cool with and hook you up on the rate!) I'd just LOVE to see the car come though the dealership where I work! Heck, I'll even come down and pick you up from Wichita myself!

Good luck to all how put in for this amazing vehicle! It's going to kick a$$!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, I have the Q&A paperwork on my desk.

1448311894946.jpg

ALSO....we put in our first order for the new Lincoln Continental for a customer who's really, really, really wanting one. He's getting this FULLY tricked out from the factor, it's one (minor) step down from the TOP of the TOP Black Label Package. ANYWAY...the MSRP on the one we ordered is almost $75,000!!!

Wow when will it ship. Maybe I can rob a bank by them. Lots of money for a Lincoln

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALSO....we put in our first order for the new Lincoln Continental for a customer who's really, really, really wanting one. He's getting this FULLY tricked out from the factor, it's one (minor) step down from the TOP of the TOP Black Label Package. ANYWAY...the MSRP on the one we ordered is almost $75,000!!!
I understand everyone is entitled to spend how they want to, but that's almost S7 money. Wow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wow when will it ship. Maybe I can rob a bank by them. Lots of money for a Lincoln

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of the 2017 models for the Continental's will start rolling into dealerships probably end of next month, maybe as late as beginning of June. As for the GT, probably won't see those until more around the Fall, but probably before Winter.

I understand everyone is entitled to spend how they want to, but that's almost S7 money. Wow.

I'm with you, this new Continental better be MORE than nice compared to the current line up. With that said, the new MKZ, MKC and MKX with the higher end packages ARE very comfortable.....and Lincoln is wanting to get "our" demographic 35-45 to look at them more, and the new Continental and redesign of the MKZ have me pondering.
I'm curious as to what the "base" Continental will be priced at and how that will ride, feel and look compared to other luxury models, like the BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac's of the world. That's what they are aiming for, but that's a lofty goal right now.

I'm with you, this new Continental better be MORE than nice compared to the current line up. With that said, the new MKZ, MKC and MKX with the higher end packages ARE very comfortable.....and Lincoln is wanting to get "our" demographic 35-45 to look at them more, and the new Continental and redesign of the MKZ have me pondering.
I'm curious as to what the "base" Continental will be priced at and how that will ride, feel and look compared to other luxury models, like the BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac's of the world. That's what they are aiming for, but that's a lofty goal right now.
I agree. Hope it does well because it looks fantastic. Think if a model priced around 60 can offer a lot, people looking at something like CTS money will have a good look.

I agree. Hope it does well because it looks fantastic. Think if a model priced around 60 can offer a lot, people looking at something like CTS money will have a good look.

I want to see how it looks and it's size compared to the Ford Taurus, which is by definition the largest sedan Ford offers. I'm told the Continental will be just a little larger/longer. With the optional 3.6 EcoBoost engine, it's going to put out 420 horsepower and be able to turn 0 - 60 in 6 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph!
All I know is it's base is probably going to be around $60k and with all the options could reach near $100K. That's a segment in luxury vehicles that you BETTER have some top end materials in or you'll be called out for it hard and fast.

I want to see how it looks and it's size compared to the Ford Taurus, which is by definition the largest sedan Ford offers. I'm told the Continental will be just a little larger/longer. With the optional 3.6 EcoBoost engine, it's going to put out 420 horsepower and be able to turn 0 - 60 in 6 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph!
All I know is it's base is probably going to be around $60k and with all the options could reach near $100K. That's a segment in luxury vehicles that you BETTER have some top end materials in or you'll be called out for it hard and fast.
What's 100k get you in the US, S8?

Back