Holderness and Bourne Golf Shirts

sternalot

Reaction score
Handicap
Just picked up three of their shirts. Two of the Macdonald shirts and one Chapman. While a bit on the pricey end of the spectrum, I had a 20% off coupon that made it easier to stomach. Overall very impressed with the shirt quality, construction, and fit. The collar is not flimsy like most golf shirts, and the length has helped the shirts stay tucked in. I'm also a big fan of the classic styling, as I'm pretty much a solids or stripes guy. I highly recommend trying them out if you are looking for something different from current offerings.

Has anyone else tried Holderness & Bourne?

edit: I want to add that I had to return Medium shirts for small. John was super helpful in getting the return processed and exchanged ASAP. So another plus for H&B.

edit2: A shot of the two Macdonald shirts I purchased:
DCbiOeL.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of them of those two in not a huge fan of how "pronounced" the button area is. But other than that they look nice and if they are comfortable I could deal.

Saw them previously and the construction was solid. Material was decent. The button section is far too long in my opinion. Like it was made for an extremely long torso. At least on the Maxwell. Have not seen the Chapman or Maxwell in hand as of yet, but like the look. Similar price point for a number of brands out there, and I share their similar thought on the idea that apparel does not have to be exhausting in logos.

They look pretty good but I have never seen one in person. Have you worn their shirts before? If so, what do you think?

They look pretty good but I have never seen one in person. Have you worn their shirts before? If so, what do you think?

Only wore the Chapman so far, but it was great. Was able to go from work to the course, and be comfortable in both environments. With get some usage of the Macdonald shirts this weekend. Material is very similar to UA, albeit slightly thinner. Collar definitely beefier though.

Loved the Macdonald shirts during the weekend. Very comfortable and despite the 80* weather always felt dry and comfortable. Got a number of compliments as well. Will be buying more next time I re-up on golf shirts.

Picked up one of their new collection shirts at Olympia Fields and it is very good.
Plus THP Event Olympia Fields member pricing was fantastic.
This one is going right into the rotation.

JB;n8879527 said:
Picked up one of their new collection shirts at Olympia Fields and it is very good.
Plus THP Event Olympia Fields member pricing was fantastic.
This one is going right into the rotation.

Has the button placket design changed since this thread started?

pmm21;n8879549 said:
Has the button placket design changed since this thread started?

Yes, I am definitely not a fan of that placket design.

I picked up an H&B shirt when I played on vacation. It's a damned good shirt.

Back