Most Desired Course You Can Play

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay THPers, fill out the bracket!
Who wins which battle and why?

Best way to settle this is screen shot it and type or write over it and then post photo.

Screen%20Shot%202018-12-19%20at%2012.39.20%20PM-X3.jpg

I'm going to need to think about this a bit... there are some tough first round matchups here.

Black against Pebble seems unfair to Bethpage. Though any course going up against pebble in the first round would struggle too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Admin
I'm going to need to think about this a bit... there are some tough first round matchups here.

It took me like 25 minutes to fill mine out. I was just staring and thinking haha.

It took me like 25 minutes to fill mine out. I was just staring and thinking haha.

I was doing the same thing... until I realized I was at work. This is going to take more concentration than I can give during the day.

I'm nowhere near experienced enough to judge these courses as I've only ever been on two of them. Gosh this is going to be hard.

Man that first round is knocking out some great courses.

Gonna need to ponder this one a bit

Man, I have some initial thoughts, but this is tough. I love traditional Parkland courses, but some of the “Links” style courses listed are on my list to play. Time to think

• Admin
I'm nowhere near experienced enough to judge these courses as I've only ever been on two of them. Gosh this is going to be hard.

haha. Thats the goal. Its the desired to play : )

haha. Thats the goal. Its the desired to play : )

Got it. Good thing I've got one I have played that's not on the list that tops them all. At least in my book! Actually 2 of them!

e8427b0b2b2fa995effcb3ca92c38f13.jpg

Tried marking it up on my phone.

Ever since I was a kid I have always wanted to play TPC Sawgrass. Most of the courses I want to play most are on the left side of the bracket, there are a couple on this that I haven’t heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black against Pebble seems unfair to Bethpage. Though any course going up against pebble in the first round would struggle too.

I was going to say, I never thought Pebble Beach could lose in round 1, but it does on my bracket. huge upset I know but this track looks amazing

Only a few head scratchers for me...

5EadMxp.jpg

There are a few courses not in the bracket that would be interesting to add in a larger field.

I have only played one course on the bracket (Wolf Creek) but it was so unique and awesome that I definitely want to get back there again soon.

DNTaA81.jpg

You too sound like college football fans after their team gets left out...haha

Pinehurst and Arcadia Bluffs?

For me my final 4 was Pebble and Bandon with Pebble winning and the other bracket was Whistling and Pinehurst with Whistling winning and Pebble winning out overall.

Very tough to pick as I don't know much about a few just my wants.

thp.jpg

As usual, it comes down to Pebble and Spyglass. I guess I'm just a Spyglass Hill kind of guy.

Bandon wins, partly because it's awesome, party because its right next to 3 other courses I want to play. Going to Arcadia in 2020 for my 40th birthday. May do Pebble and Spyglass for 50th. Will do Bandon at some point in the next few years too. I live 80 miles from French Lick, I need to drive up and play it one afternoon. Got a buddy who would go with me.
1e8d3d0eb3ba6b7c3d53d07215ab0a3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I know what my final would be (Pebble Beach vs. Ocean Course at Kiawah) but don't think I could adequately explain why I picked the winner of each matchup. The closest I have been to any of them is about 8 feet from my couch to my TV screen. I am obsessed with links-style golf and these are the two I have had the most exposure to via watching TV. Pebble Beach has more history but for some reason the Ocean Course at Kiawah pulls at my heart strings more so that would be my winner.

Bandon wins, partly because it's awesome, party because its right next to 3 other courses I want to play. Going to Arcadia in 2020 for my 40th birthday. May do Pebble and Spyglass for 50th. Will do Bandon at some point in the next few years too. I live 80 miles from French Lick, I need to drive up and play it one afternoon. Got a buddy who would go with me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You definitely should. French Lick is downright amazing.

You too sound like college football fans after their team gets left out...haha

We also have nearly an identical bracket...

Collusion or Coincidence?

In all seriousness though, there are several courses at Bandon that might beat out some others on the list.

I'd love to see courses at Streamsong, Caledonia, Pasatiempo, Chambers Bay, Tobacco Road. And that's just off the top of my head.

There's just *so* much great golf out there.

The #1 seed from the East Region facing the #1 seed from the West region in the first round? Flip a coin I guess.

The #1 seed from the East Region facing the #1 seed from the West region in the first round? Flip a coin I guess.

Debatable : )

Back