Do you take lessons? Who with?

My coach is Jesse Struebing, who is the golf coach at MIT. Here is his website: http://www.golflessonsboston.com/

He teaches indoors at the MIT Rec Center, but I've also had a 9 hole playing lesson with him. He's very technologically oriented with his teaching, but also works with a player's natural swing.

That is pretty effin' cool Ary

My coach is Jesse Struebing, who is the golf coach at MIT. Here is his website: http://www.golflessonsboston.com/

He teaches indoors at the MIT Rec Center, but I've also had a 9 hole playing lesson with him. He's very technologically oriented with his teaching, but also works with a player's natural swing.

His approach, from what I've heard, really appeals to me. Just a bit too far a trek for me for lessons, I think.

I have taken lessons from the pros at the range closest to my house (walking distance). It's been a few years, and last year I played very little golf. When I did play, I had some bad habits in my swing, so I need to re-up with one of the pros and get my act back together.

Some of the pros used video, most didn't. Not one of them used a launch monitor device.

Last year, I started a program with Mark Russo at the NightHawk golf center. It is important to note that I said program and not just an occasional or series of lessons. Together we established realistic and achievable interim and long term goals for me. He is as dedicated to those goals as I. When I first went to him, I was obsessed with increased distance. I just wanted to be able to hit the ball farther. While we have not abandoned that aspect, the goal is to get me around the course using fewer strokes, so we are concentrating on my short game and bunker play currently. However, I do have some swing speed exercises that I do at home, especially in these winter months. We have a plan and if I may quote the A Team--I love it when a plan comes together.

Sure do. My teacher's name is Tom Olson. He is pretty damn good.

I wish I could get into lessons. Just to me doesn't seem like I would benefit much. And don't get me wrong, it's not because I think I am that good or don't need them, it's because I honestly wouldn't be able to put in the time to get it to stay.

Plus I'm do worried they will want to rebuild my swing and that scares me. I really like the swing I have developed.

For the last couple years i have been using Mark Russo. Last year I switched up to Jim Estes to get a different perspective but cost and travel time was a little too much so I'm going back to Mark.

When Mark first asked about my goals, I told him that I wanted to be able to play like my buddy, emart.

Fortunately the owner of the indoor golf facility I work at was listed in Golf Digest and other mags as one of the top teaching pro's in Massachusetts. If anything gets out of whack, I have him.

To be honest too, I think someone else mentioned it but I love watching The Golf Fix. Breed, although annoying, and for some reason puts me to sleep so it takes me 3 or 4 times with the DVR to get the whole show watched, is very helpful. The School of golf guy, Martin whatever his name is...he sucks.... put on the planet to screw up Blair's swing and make her lose distance.

Fortunately the owner of the indoor golf facility I work at was listed in Golf Digest and other mags as one of the top teaching pro's in Massachusetts. If anything gets out of whack, I have him.

To be honest too, I think someone else mentioned it but I love watching The Golf Fix. Breed, although annoying, and for some reason puts me to sleep so it takes me 3 or 4 times with the DVR to get the whole show watched, is very helpful. The School of golf guy, Martin whatever his name is...he sucks.... put on the planet to screw up Blair's swing and make her lose distance.

What facility do you work at?

With one of the pros at my club.

I'm up to around 40 lessons in 2.5 years of golfing. I'm using a guy at my home club that was a tour caddie for a while and has/had some college and web.com students. Roughly 20 of those lessons have been with my current instructor. I've gone from a 36 to playing at roughly a 15 as of my most current rounds with a low of 84. I think it's been well worth it and has helped me improve faster than I would have on my own. I plan to continue taking lessons every other month or so to continue to chip away at my swing flaws.

Erika Wicoff at the Fort Golf Course in Indy. She is a former LPGA golfer and is in the Indiana Golf Hall of Fame. She has worked with a couple of other THPers and is really great to work with.

I recently took lessons from Kristin Sunderhaft, LPGA pro. Worked on bunker shots and chipping. I plan on going back for some swing lessons.

When Mark first asked about my goals, I told him that I wanted to be able to play like my buddy, emart.

Surprised he didn't give your money back and say that guy is hopeless and if you want to play like him we are all in trouble :D

I've taken lessons in the past. I took a refresher lesson back in 2014. When I did that, it was with GolfTec

I don't take lessons but video a decent amount and have some people who are good golfers and one a teaching pro give me pointers off that. I had massive improvement last season doing that but not against lessons or anything and once I hit a wall that will be my next step.

Big Sticks indoor golf in Burlington, MA. Close to rt.128... Ray Avenue, street between Bickfords and Café Escadrille just before the Burlington ice Palace

Ah - I work right on the Bedford/Burlington line. Good to know - I was looking at trying lessons there.

A few times a year I go and see Ron Schyed who teaches out of TPC River Highlands and George Connor who has his own golf academy. Both are very good to work with. Plus the great Freddie Kong!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get lesson every thursday from the pro at my course. He is a 3rd generation pga professional. His daughter and son play professionaly. He is in his 60's now but still a great teacher.

I've been taking lessons for a little over a year with the golf pro at golf galaxy in Burlington MA. I really like the guy and have made huge strides in my swing. It's less then $30 for a lesson and he really helps out a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did lessons with Golftec a few years ago and they actually took me a long ways. This season I want to start with a pro locally so we can do playing lessons. That's always something I've wanted as I know I can save strokes but just changing my plan of attack.

I've been working with Shawn Warren the last month. He's a friend of mine and a future tour player. Great to get 18 hole lessons with him and watch his work on the course. We feed off each other. We both see things the other misses.

i take lessons with jay davis, the head pro at a local country club. he's a wonderful person, and a helluva effective teacher. i've heard him say things to me, then talked about it with other people who take lessons with him and they said he told them the exact opposite. so very much tailors his advice to the individual instead of fitting everybody into a particular mold. but i only see him 2-3 times a year, tops.

Matt Currey at The Wigwam. He is a Plane Truth certified teacher.

Back