Maltby club discussion

Have you played with their KE4 drivers? If so, how are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had tried the KE4 drivers and they didnt wow me but a couple of customers loved them.The previous models of the CT250 were amazing. Sound, feel and performance was great and I played those till I either cracked them or they were just trashed out. While waiting for another Maltby star I have been on a Callaway faze.

If the tech holds true and this new method of construction works as well as they hope, the level of consistency of building a driver right up to the performance limits should be precise. They have always been cutting edge on thier gear and I believe they had the first ever movable weighted driver. Producing the DBM finish and other firsts into high MOI gear. So this new to the industry build method might be another trend setter. When I get my hands on them I'll do full head to head tests on a Sim with a few OEMs. Should be fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been flipping through the Golf Works catalog a lot lately, dog-earing a lot of pages. I probably won't be buying much until after I get back from Shaft Up #1 in mid-April, as I really don't know what new clubs I'll be walking away with. I do plan on picking up a Forged FGT 56* wedge, I have the 52* and it's a great club and my current 56* is long overdue for a replacement. As far as their new for 2019 clubs go, I'm intrigued by the new KE4 Tour FDI driving iron. A 3 or 4 might make its way into my bag next month since I'll be back up in Newark visiting my grandma.

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ke4-fdi-hybrids/p/ma0305/

ma0305.jpg

The previous version was a DBM finish that we all know didnt like to be bent. This version should feel even better and be able to be tweaked. Should be a winner.
I've been flipping through the Golf Works catalog a lot lately, dog-earing a lot of pages. I probably won't be buying much until after I get back from Shaft Up #1 in mid-April, as I really don't know what new clubs I'll be walking away with. I do plan on picking up a Forged FGT 56* wedge, I have the 52* and it's a great club and my current 56* is long overdue for a replacement. As far as their new for 2019 clubs go, I'm intrigued by the new KE4 Tour FDI driving iron. A 3 or 4 might make its way into my bag next month since I'll be back up in Newark visiting my grandma.

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ke4-fdi-hybrids/p/ma0305/

ma0305.jpg

Received my TS2 4 iron today. I was surprised how nice it looks in person. It's definitely a larger profile and thicker top line than I prefer, but it's not offensive. The sole width is narrower than I was expecting, which was a pleasant surprise.
This is going to get a shot at the bag as a driving type iron and could potentially lead to a combo set with the TS1 if I'm super impressed.

Here are some pictures comparing to my Wilson FG Tour V4 4 iron and Srixon U45 23* utility.
db91c514a43ef09ecb6ce4ec3754a2f1.jpg
8ec2869f5d79329f1b58cea5ffcc24b4.jpg
e84722fb134a92744b42fd8cf25ed283.jpg

Received my TS2 4 iron today. I was surprised how nice it looks in person. It's definitely a larger profile and thicker top line than I prefer, but it's not offensive. The sole width is narrower than I was expecting, which was a pleasant surprise.
This is going to get a shot at the bag as a driving type iron and could potentially lead to a combo set with the TS1 if I'm super impressed.

Here are some pictures comparing to my Wilson FG Tour V4 4 iron and Srixon U45 23* utility.
db91c514a43ef09ecb6ce4ec3754a2f1.jpg
8ec2869f5d79329f1b58cea5ffcc24b4.jpg
e84722fb134a92744b42fd8cf25ed283.jpg
Just wait till you see how playable that club will be. I stopped at a 5 iron as out of the tee box I can get about 215 with a little roll out.

The TS2 and TS1 are both beautiful in person. I was at the Golfworks on Saturday to buy a new wedge. Ended up with a lightly used M-Series+ 56º mid sole.

I always end up hitting a few of their other irons when I'm there, so I him the PTM forged, TS-1, and TS-2 again. The TS-1 wasn't great for me, but the other two were sooo nice.

I was hoping to hit the new ISO driver and FDI but their single ISO club wasn't at the shop, and the FDI's won't be in until around May.

I was hoping to hit the new ISO driver and FDI but their single ISO club wasn't at the shop, and the FDI's won't be in until around May.
That would have been awesome if you were able to get some info and feel on that ISO-T. If you go back please post up some feedback.

Just wait till you see how playable that club will be. I stopped at a 5 iron as out of the tee box I can get about 215 with a little roll out.

Your feedback on these is why I finally pulled the trigger. I've wanted to try them for awhile but there just aren't many reviews. For $50 it's worth giving it a try. Have you had a chance to compare them to the TS1?

Your feedback on these is why I finally pulled the trigger. I've wanted to try them for awhile but there just aren't many reviews. For $50 it's worth giving it a try. Have you had a chance to compare them to the TS1?
Yes I have put them head to head with the TS-1s and for me the TS-2 are a true point and shoot type of club. Consistency and forgiveness with a feeling of confidence when you stand over the ball is tough to beat. The TS-1 will launch a little higher and slightly favor a better player. Visually they seem much smaller but the dimensions are not hugely different. It's just more visual cues. Feel wise the TS-1s seem a bit crisper if that makes sense. I got more of a soft feel from the 2s.

I am beginning the season with a mixed bag.
5,6 TS-2 --- 7-PW TS-1 and I left the TS-2 GW in the bag. With the wider sole TS-2 Gw I have much more confidence that I will not chunk the GW. They have worked well in the simulator and even though there is a loft gap between the 6 and 7 the performance of the 7 iron is stellar and in play the distances work out well.

I had my best season to date of my career hacking with the TS-2s in the bag so the mixed bag is a bit of a gamble moving away from what worked so well... Curse of a club HO.

I really should do a YouTube channel testing Maltby gear as no one does it.

I really should do a YouTube channel testing Maltby gear as no one does it.

That would be great. I am currently eyeing a few of their clubs.

That would have been awesome if you were able to get some info and feel on that ISO-T. If you go back please post up some feedback.

I will definitely post some feedback if I get a chance to hit it soon. I'll be back and forth to Newark a lot going forward as my grandmother is battling lung cancer.

Yes I have put them head to head with the TS-1s and for me the TS-2 are a true point and shoot type of club. Consistency and forgiveness with a feeling of confidence when you stand over the ball is tough to beat. The TS-1 will launch a little higher and slightly favor a better player. Visually they seem much smaller but the dimensions are not hugely different. It's just more visual cues. Feel wise the TS-1s seem a bit crisper if that makes sense. I got more of a soft feel from the 2s.

I am beginning the season with a mixed bag.
5,6 TS-2 --- 7-PW TS-1 and I left the TS-2 GW in the bag. With the wider sole TS-2 Gw I have much more confidence that I will not chunk the GW. They have worked well in the simulator and even though there is a loft gap between the 6 and 7 the performance of the 7 iron is stellar and in play the distances work out well.

I had my best season to date of my career hacking with the TS-2s in the bag so the mixed bag is a bit of a gamble moving away from what worked so well... Curse of a club HO.

Really good thoughts. Definitely keep us updated as your season starts. And yes, if you did YouTube reviews of Maltby, I can guarantee that you would have at least 1 subscriber

There is one guy who has reviewed some Maltby stuff on you tube. I would love to see Popeye’s reviews.
I'm going to put some things together and make some content. Should be fun.

Finally got to take a few swings with the TS-2 4 iron that I put together. With absolutely zero hyperbole I will say that this club is just filthy. It's stupid good, to the point that I was giddy after hitting each shot. The ball flight can only be described as a towering bomb. The ball just explodes off the face, which has some softness, but not buttery like a solid forged club. Regardless, it feels good and powerful and has a solid thwack sound. It also seems very forgiving and wants to fly straight, either that or I just happened to have my A+ swing and hit the 5 straightest 4 irons of my life. The only dilemma at this point is figuring out how many more of these heads to order.

Finally got to take a few swings with the TS-2 4 iron that I put together. With absolutely zero hyperbole I will say that this club is just filthy. It's stupid good, to the point that I was giddy after hitting each shot. The ball flight can only be described as a towering bomb. The ball just explodes off the face, which has some softness, but not buttery like a solid forged club. Regardless, it feels good and powerful and has a solid thwack sound. It also seems very forgiving and wants to fly straight, either that or I just happened to have my A+ swing and hit the 5 straightest 4 irons of my life. The only dilemma at this point is figuring out how many more of these heads to order.
Yep, this is the exact impression I got from the 6 iron I demoed at the golfworks.

I am actually using a TS-2 5 iron out of the tee box and getting 220 out of it. I dont even touch the hybrid unless it's out of the cabbage. Clubs flat out perform.

Yep, this is the exact impression I got from the 6 iron I demoed at the golfworks.

Glad I'm not crazy. I was seriously shocked after I took my first swing.

I am actually using a TS-2 5 iron out of the tee box and getting 220 out of it. I dont even touch the hybrid unless it's out of the cabbage. Clubs flat out perform.

I don't doubt it, this club is a beast. Hybrids aren't my favorite and I think this has easily kicked them out of the bag and secured a spot just below my 4 wood. Pretty sure the 5 and 6 iron will be ordered shortly.

I'm also supposed to go iron shopping with a friend on a budget that is a high capper. Seriously considering telling him to order a full set of TS-2.

Glad I'm not crazy. I was seriously shocked after I took my first swing.

I don't doubt it, this club is a beast. Hybrids aren't my favorite and I think this has easily kicked them out of the bag and secured a spot just below my 4 wood. Pretty sure the 5 and 6 iron will be ordered shortly.

I'm also supposed to go iron shopping with a friend on a budget that is a high capper. Seriously considering telling him to order a full set of TS-2.
If he balks at the price of the TS-2 the PTM is a great choice and plus they have the black option.

I purchased a KE4 TC 2H w/Kuro Kage Black last fall as an "experiment". I have yet to game it on a course, but I've been extremely impressed with the results on the range. It's a little draw-y, but I think I can work with it. I'm so impressed with it in fact, that even though I swore I would never give up my Nickent 20* 3H, I just preordered KE4 FDI 3DI with the same Kuro Kage Black bent to 20*. Honestly, I have no real need for this club, but for the price I figured it's worth seeing if it can displace my beloved 4DX. It's going to be a long wait though ... they aren't expected until mid-May.

ma0305.jpg

MA0305_1.jpg

MA0305_4.jpg

I purchased a KE4 TC 2H w/Kuro Kage Black last fall as an "experiment". I have yet to game it on a course, but I've been extremely impressed with the results on the range. It's a little draw-y, but I think I can work with it. I'm so impressed with it in fact, that even though I swore I would never give up my Nickent 20* 3H, I just preordered KE4 FDI 3DI with the same Kuro Kage Black bent to 20*. Honestly, I have no real need for this club, but for the price I figured it's worth seeing if it can displace my beloved 4DX. It's going to be a long wait though ... they aren't expected until mid-May.

ma0305.jpg

MA0305_1.jpg

MA0305_4.jpg

I certainly don’t “need” any new clubs right now, but those have me curious. I’ll be interested to hear your impression of them.

I certainly don’t “need” any new clubs right now, but those have me curious. I’ll be interested to hear your impression of them.

This design was very good in the DBM but a little firm through the ball due to the hardness of the club. With the new materials they should have much better feel. If you dont like hybrids this is the anti hybrid, hybrid.

This design was very good in the DBM but a little firm through the ball due to the hardness of the club. With the new materials they should have much better feel. If you dont like hybrids this is the anti hybrid, hybrid.

I like hybrids, but I can’t hit them. So I am looking for alternatives.

Back