Music streaming: what do you use?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I never streamed music on my phone until I got Amazon Prime and learned that it includes Prime Music, which is streaming music with unlimited skips and a HUGE library.

It does count against your data when you aren't on wifi, but with the size of plans these days, I don't think it eats up all that much most of the time. If you happen to have T-Mobile, they have a program called Music Freedom that when you use one of the services listed below, it doesn't count against your data plan, whether on 4G or wifi. The one I use if I don't use Amazon Prime Music is AccuRadio because it has unlimited skips.

I usually only stream music in the car and at the golf course (never would have thought I would listen to music while golfing!) although this summer I will probably listen while doing yardwork,

The services included with Music Freedom are:

• AccuRadio
  • Apple Music
  • Aud.io
  • Bandcamp
  • Beatport
  • BlackPlanet Radio
  • Dash Radio
  • DatPiff
  • Digitally Imported
  • Fit Radio
  • Google Play Music
  • Groove Music
  • iHeartRadio
  • Jango

• JAZZRADIO.com
  • KCRW
  • Live365
  • MixRadio
  • Noon Pacific
  • Pandora
  • Radio.com
  • Radio Danz
  • Radio Paradise
  • radioPup
  • RadioTunes
  • Rhapsody
  • ROCKRADIO.com

• Saavn
  • Samsung Milk Music
  • SiriusXM
  • Slacker
  • SomaFM
  • Songza
  • SoundCloud
  • Spinrilla
  • Spotify
  • StreamOn
  • Tidal
  • TuneIn Premium
  • 8tracks

I hope they pair up with Amazon some day.

Spotify exclusively. And I pay for it. And I don't mind at all.

Being that I've owned my most recent vehicle since last summer and only have 4,000 miles on it, I felt that Sirius was a waste of my money.

I have XM/Sirius in my cars which I use a lot with the 30,000 miles I drive each year. I'm mostly an Apple Music and Pandora guy when streaming but for serious listening at home I also own a decent collection of Bluray DVD's and 13,000 songs in my iTunes account which can be streamed to any device. I access my library through Apple TV at home. Quello is another great streaming service for music videos at home. I'm actually finding time to sit and listen to music at home just in the last couple years now that 2 of my 3 kids are driving! My wife thinks my audio system in my man cave is a little over the top, maybe because our master bedroom is directly above my man cave.:act-up:

I use TuneIn Radio. Lots of stations to my liking.

Pandora for me ... I need to look into the Prime Music though ...

For my tastes in music Pandora has the best mix of music. I've never used Spotify, but have heard nothing but good things about it. Seeing how I have a data cap with my current ISP though I typically still with the 10Kish songs I have on my MacBook Pro.

I used google play music for a few years and I really like it for one person, the lack of support for more than one device is the biggest issue I have with Google. The song selection algorithm they use for the radio option is really solid.

When I switched to an iPhone I tried Apple Music, and ended up moving because they offer a family plan, so my wife, my daughter, and I can all have music streaming at once. The song selection algorithm isn't quite as good as Google's but it does well enough.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I'm on Spotify, I've tried Prime Apple and Google, and keep coming back to Spotify. Out of the ones listed I would used Apple.

Pandora when at the gym or chilling at work. It doesn't eat up much data. In the car it's Sirius/XM

Spotify but i think im just going to use amazon orime going forward and save the $120 a year

Spotify but i think im just going to use amazon orime going forward and save the $120 a year

Prime is ok, but I'm not sold on their music selection and the last time I used the app I wanted to stick every person involved in the development of the app into a "Coding for 3rd Graders" class. Basic simple things that don't work logically or don't exist. Very frustrating for me personally, YMMV of course. That being said, it's a nice feature to add to Prime, and since a lot of people are going to use prime anyway it makes sense to save the money and use Prime Streaming.

Prime is ok, but I'm not sold on their music selection and the last time I used the app I wanted to stick every person involved in the development of the app into a "Coding for 3rd Graders" class. Basic simple things that don't work logically or don't exist. Very frustrating for me personally, YMMV of course. That being said, it's a nice feature to add to Prime, and since a lot of people are going to use prime anyway it makes sense to save the money and use Prime Streaming.

Thanks for the heads up, Im gonna browse the selections hopefully today before cancelling spotify just in case

Thanks for the heads up, Im gonna browse the selections hopefully today before cancelling spotify just in case

Let me know what you think, I haven't looked at the app in a few months, they may have updated it.

I tend to use Pandora, but I have music mostly on my V10 to play via bluetooth in the car, when working out or practicing on the range. There's a cafe near me though that plays 70's and 80's music exclusively through SiriusXM so that's peaked my interest as it played some oldies that I haven't heard in a long time besides the more popular songs of those era's.

Spotify exclusively. And I pay for it. And I don't mind at all.

Being that I've owned my most recent vehicle since last summer and only have 4,000 miles on it, I felt that Sirius was a waste of my money.
Same here. Well worth 9.99 a month for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I use Spotify (free), Pandora (free) and amazon prime's streaming occasionally.

I use Spotify Premium. I was on Pandora One for a while, but now I use Pandora free, as well. Spotify is great if you know what you want to listen to since their radio feature is awful. Pandora is great if you don't know what you want to listen to.

Beats1 from Apple for my family. $15/month for all 4 of us. Great stations, enormous library, and can download/play offline if want to.

I use Google play. The cost is ok, and I like that it ties into ad free YouTube.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I use Spotify premium and it doesn't count against my data plan with T-Mobile. Son got it for me as a birthday gift. Still slowly making the transition. I have an old school Microsoft Zune 80G music player that still works and has my entire CD collection on it. Use that when I fly.

Big fan of Spotify but I think the iPhone app isn't as good as the computer. On the road usually use Pandora.

Google Music

Pandora and Sirius

Back