2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I'm stuck at 23 lbs lost since August. I'm sure it has to do with the eating tendencies of it being winter and also some stressful stuff at work. Also got back into eating fast food but it hasn't affected me yet weight wise. Anybody have success kicking soda? What do you drink instead?

I'm stuck at 23 lbs lost since August. I'm sure it has to do with the eating tendencies of it being winter and also some stressful stuff at work. Also got back into eating fast food but it hasn't affected me yet weight wise. Anybody have success kicking soda? What do you drink instead?

Sparkling water, and different flavored sparking waters. There are a ton of good brands out there that are 0 calorie, taste great and give you the bubbles you crave from soda. I either drink water, or sparkling water.

I drink diet soda and it is terrible for me, but it has not impacted my weight at all.

Sparkling water, and different flavored sparking waters. There are a ton of good brands out there that are 0 calorie, taste great and give you the bubbles you crave from soda. I either drink water, or sparkling water.
I think I've only had it once by accident. St croix I think? Flavored would definitely be a good idea. Thanks!

I think I've only had it once by accident. St croix I think? Flavored would definitely be a good idea. Thanks!

I like the pink grapefruit version of St Croix. Last year at the Legacy I think I drank about 8 cans per round in the heat.

I like the pink grapefruit version of St Croix. Last year at the Legacy I think I drank about 8 cans per round in the heat.
If I could kick soda and drink this instead I'd probably lose a pound a week easy.

Insanity starts back up tonight, while the 12 lb loss in 15 days is great and all its down to burn some serious calories
Rolled out the P90x YogaX. Let's just say I'm seriously uncoordinated, and very happy I'm not on a class. Cause it's pretty embarassing haha.

Rolled out the P90x YogaX. Let's just say I'm seriously uncoordinated, and very happy I'm not on a class. Cause it's pretty embarassing haha.

U and me both dude. Since I dont want to jackup my right hand/wrist anymore, Ive had to "modify" quite a few exercises which makes me look like even more of a clown

Anyone have any suggestions for good non-dairy protein bars? Quest are my go to bars, but the dairy in it still kills me, I hate having to take a dairy pill to eat a protein bar. I would love to find one that doesn't have protein, but also doesn't taste like dirt or only has 4g of protein because it's all sugar.

Lara Bars, Clif Bars and Bonk Breakers. All have non-dairy options.

Probably three of my favorite options, with the bonk breakers being the best for a solid snack and/or meal replacement. Great post workout too. Ty have regular bars and extra-protein bars.

I drink diet soda and it is terrible for me, but it has not impacted my weight at all.

Me too. 70 pounds down and never stopped drinking Diet Coke nor do I plan on it.

Me too. 70 pounds down and never stopped drinking Diet Coke nor do I plan on it.

I have cut out the darker colored drinks while at home, and gone to diet sprite or Fresca, but just a personal thing and on taking in less caffeine.

U and me both dude. Since I dont want to jackup my right hand/wrist anymore, Ive had to "modify" quite a few exercises which makes me look like even more of a clown
I knew I was in trouble when Lee and kids brought popcorn to watch the hilarity. Not really but it was quite comical. Maybe next time I won't fall over.

I've cut it out, but most of that was cause it was tearing up my stomach. But honestly drink 2 or 3 super big gulps was a little extreme. I may start using it as a treat going forward. But for now I'm good with not having it in my diet.

Anyone have any suggestions for good non-dairy protein bars? Quest are my go to bars, but the dairy in it still kills me, I hate having to take a dairy pill to eat a protein bar. I would love to find one that doesn't have protein, but also doesn't taste like dirt or only has 4g of protein because it's all sugar.
I like the ProBar Base series. Taste good. Pretty sure non dairy

My wife is making "cauliflower rice" which confuses me. I'm not sure what was wrong with "rice" as we don't eat a lot of it and usually go for whole grain or brown rice, but I'll report back.

High carbs in rice. Not the worst choice but cauliflour rice is way healthier.

High carbs in rice. Not the worst choice but cauliflour rice is way healthier.

Whole grain or brown rice is complex carbs. Nothing wrong with high carb food if you aren't eating Keto or Atkins friendly

Whole grain or brown rice is complex carbs. Nothing wrong with high carb food if you aren't eating Keto or Atkins friendly

I know what complex carbs are. The only other benefit is fiber which you can get in veggies. He asked what was bad and I told him. There are better choices than brown rice for food. Just because it isn't aweful, that doesn't make it good. Food should add nutrition also.

189 lbs this morning. Just sticking to eating healthy. Not really on a diet per say. Do drink mostly water now. Maybe one or two diet sodas a week, and limit myself to 2 or 3 beers per week.

Only one road trip in January helped. When home I do a small bowl of granola for breakfast. Make a sandwich for lunch. And dinner I'll cook something healthy too. Only had fast food twice in January. When traveling or eating out I watch portion control. Look at the plate and tell myself to only eat 1/2 or at most 3/4ths. Eat more of the protein and less of the sides.

I know what complex carbs are. The only other benefit is fiber which you can get in veggies. He asked what was bad and I told him. There are better choices than brown rice for food. Just because it isn't aweful, that doesn't make it good. Food should add nutrition also.
Just because it has carbs, doesn't make it bad either though.

Its all about goals and what one is doing diet wise. When I was low. Carb it was the devil, now it's not, it's viable and has its benefits.

No hard and fast rule.

The cauliflower rice may not actually have rice in it at all. it could just be minced up and have a. Consistency of rice. I make cauliflower mashed potatos which is just steamed cauliflower mashed with the little olive oil and cheese. No actual potato in it

The cauliflower rice may not actually have rice in it at all. it could just be minced up and have a. Consistency of rice. I make cauliflower mashed potatos which is just steamed cauliflower mashed with the little olive oil and cheese. No actual potato in it

Cauliflour rice should have no rice, you are correct. It's called rice due to the similar consistency. It's a HEALTHIER replacement for rice.

Complex carbs are not unhealthy. Bottom line

Just because it has carbs, doesn't make it bad either though.

Its all about goals and what one is doing diet wise. When I was low. Carb it was the devil, now it's not, it's viable and has its benefits.

No hard and fast rule.

Didn't mean to imply it was bad. Just meant to say not as good. When I said bad I meant the reason his wife was replacing it.

I have the same issue but haven't been able to find anything with as much protein as the quest bar without more sugar. The Lara bars are some of the better ones - I tried the Vega bar and wasn't a fan, but might have been the flavor.

Back