ULT-X Rangefinder - THP Review Thread - TecTecTec USA

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
TecTecTec recently launched its next-generation rangefinder that has a ton of features in a nice compact bundle. Thanks to TecTecTec, we have the ULT-X in for review and it seems to have all the bells and whistles that I look for in a rangefinder. According to the company, the ULT-X is accurate ± 0.3 yards at distances of up to 300 yards (which is all that matters to me) and vibrates when it is target-locked. And my early favorite for the best feature is the sliding toggle that turns on the slope functionality. When slope is on, the toggle slides out to show a clearly-visible yellow outline but when the toggle slides in the yellow disappears and the ULT-X is tournament-legal.

The price? Well, the price should be music to a lot of ears - the ULT-X retails at $249.99. https://us.tectectec.com/product/golf-rangefinder/ult-x/

d9f74e019d5d52d2ccc201b98ac2fd5b.jpg
aea09aa610f82d80f8edb265e9198236.jpg
e3113acbbcc7e35f61864af78a9991df.jpg
769618b236d2ee238e32f99c5d696f48.jpg
1157782287160be5a71d32267c460fcd.jpg

Any THPers have the ULT-X rangefinder, have a ponder on one, or are at least in the market for a new rangefinder and want to learn more?

Solid looking option at a good price point. I like the slope/no slope simplicity.

I’d be curious how it performs next to the NX7 Pro.

Looks like a nice piece of tech for that price point. I've read between this and the NX7 one really cannot go wrong

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

While I don’t have an NX7, I have a lot of experience with various bushnell models. Early impressions are very, very good.

The silicon cover (the red portion) is pretty grippy and I’m glad it was included. The body of the base range finder isn’t all that grippy but the data has been good.

It's a good looking unit with a great price point. Really like the easy slope function.

It's a good looking unit with a great price point. Really like the easy slope function.

The ease of it has sparked a lot of thought on my part. I’ve been double checking what the yardage is with or without the slope to get a baseline of what certain degree changes look like. (Of course my tests today were in the house and backyard)

I think with some time and practice, it could pay off in tournament play.

I like the price for the features. Kind of pretty too.Still, the NX7 Pro is a way better deal especially with the Budget Golf/THP discount. I have never owned one but need to join the millennium soon.

I like the price for the features. Kind of pretty too.Still, the NX7 Pro is a way better deal especially with the Budget Golf/THP discount. I have never owned one but need to join the millennium soon.
I thought the nx7 was pretty much the same price. They sure are direct competitors

Surprisingly quick response on this unit. Works well with a bit of scan over the target before locking in.

Looking forward to some on course experience in various conditions i.e. rain, etc

Looking forward to some on course experience in various conditions i.e. rain, etc

Well lucky for you, all I’ve got is rain these days. Now if the courses would open

The ULT-X is pretty darn easy to use and accurate. I love the simplicity of the slope slider to engage or disengage the feature. The only "flaw" I see so far is that when you put the rangefinder away in the case, the slider tends to slide to the off position, which is good for tournaments but is a small pain when you want slope on the whole time.

This TTT model is very compact compared to past rangefinders I’ve had. It sits nicely on the bag too. Pretty impressed with what I’ve seen. Only one clear misread so far.

This TTT model is very compact compared to past rangefinders I’ve had. It sits nicely on the bag too. Pretty impressed with what I’ve seen. Only one clear misread so far.

I purchased a tectectec rangefinder a few years ago just before the THP gauntlet in Texas. Big mistake. Played a practice round before the weekend and was on a 150 yard par-3. Rangefinder said 170-something. Needless to say, my partner and I both blasted balls over the back and we were very confused. Then the guys we played with used their range finder to discover mine was 20+ yards off.

I returned the unit and bought a bushnell.

Hoping the unit you’re reviewing is a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a tectectec rangefinder a few years ago just before the THP gauntlet in Texas. Big mistake. Played a practice round before the weekend and was on a 150 yard par-3. Rangefinder said 170-something. Needless to say, my partner and I both blasted balls over the back and we were very confused. Then the guys we played with used their range finder to discover mine was 20+ yards off.

I returned the unit and bought a bushnell.

Hoping the unit you’re reviewing is a lot better.

Bummer but Interesting. I haven’t seen any of these issues with this model. My one clear misread was when it locked on to the baby tree behind a green but I’ll stay on the lookout. I did comparisons between the Tour X on my bag and this and things were as expected.

Bummer but Interesting. I haven’t seen any of these issues with this model. My one clear misread was when it locked on to the baby tree behind a green but I’ll stay on the lookout. I did comparisons between the Tour X on my bag and this and things were as expected.

To be fair, the one I had was a cheaper model but it worried me with how many times it happened. I’d be interested to follow your review as you use this over time.

To be fair, the one I had was a cheaper model but it worried me with how many times it happened. I’d be interested to follow your review as you use this over time.

I get it. That would drive my nuts to have bad data (I’d prefer no data to 20 yard off data). Did you see it on other holes or was it generally isolated?

The ULT-X has a few small downsides in my estimation but for the cost I think it is superior to nearly all rangefinders I’ve purchased in the last 5 years. Im impressed.

The ULT-X has a few small downsides in my estimation but for the cost I think it is superior to nearly all rangefinders I’ve purchased in the last 5 years. Im impressed.

Thats interesting. You said it was fast, so thats obviously a plus compared to some others. Accuracy seems there you mentioned. Looking forward to your review.

Thats interesting. You said it was fast, so thats obviously a plus compared to some others. Accuracy seems there you mentioned. Looking forward to your review.

Obviously I’m including cost in the consideration but the ULT-X is rock solid. I love the slider to turn slope on or off (I’m still used to removable faceplates) and the size. It isn’t without flaws but what isn’t.

I haven’t forgotten about the rain request, I just haven’t been able to be on the course in the rain (either closed or just too darn cold in December).

Obviously I’m including cost in the consideration but the ULT-X is rock solid. I love the slider to turn slope on or off (I’m still used to removable faceplates) and the size. It isn’t without flaws but what isn’t.

And in some ways, it should be. Perfect example is the EXS and Cortex drivers. Price is a major discussion point for both products.

And in some ways, it should be. Perfect example is the EXS and Cortex drivers. Price is a major discussion point for both products.

I see the ULT-X as a great option for those golfers who haven’t taken the plunge due to cost. There is certainly value here.

There may be others at the same price point that are equally attractive, I just haven’t tried them.

How is the hand feel/weight Gary? That was my knock on the non slope one I reviewed a while back. Speed was there and accuracy was close enough to my Bushnell, but it just felt less substantial in hand to me.

I agree though, the price imo trumps the shortcomings for someone looking for a rangefinder but not spending half a grand on it.

Back