Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Or sign up for King for a month and hope to get lucky that it's included in the package :bashful:

That too. Looking forward to the first winner announcement

I know this one has a lot of enamor to it, hell I am tinkering with one off and on right now, but I really encourage people not to sleep on the F6 just because it isn't 0 CG. It will fit a LOT of people, and it shouldn't be written off as a "spinner" as I know some have done with it.

Cobra has a hell of a complete line right now, go hit them all.

James is absolutely correct on this. I've hit both and the F6 was a fantastic club also. I had already purchased the LTD by the time the F6 came out but the performance was excellent from the F6. The F6+ wasn't my cup of tea but these two were great options for me.

I've been gaming my LTD with the stock rogue for a few weeks now , in dormant bermuda with little roll this thing is already longer than any of my 57 previous drivers over the past 2 years. I am curious to see what the HZRDUS would do , for those that switch shafts do the shafts really change the distance much or is it mainly dispersion?

I know this one has a lot of enamor to it, hell I am tinkering with one off and on right now, but I really encourage people not to sleep on the F6 just because it isn't 0 CG. It will fit a LOT of people, and it shouldn't be written off as a "spinner" as I know some have done with it.

Cobra has a hell of a complete line right now, go hit them all.

I thought the Fly Z+ was a heck of a stick too. The LTD is certainly the crown jewel but the F6s can send the rock down range with gusto as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Spent some time with this and the F6+ yesterday and holy good gosh I was getting 5 yds more carry than my gamer but full on 30 yds of roll out and my launch and spin rates were better with this than my bio cell the sound off the face is a wonderful sound as well. I was hitting the F6 a bit better than this one though so ponder is definitely engaged, there is a bit of offset in the F6 though compared to this one at address. The $399 ppt does give me a bit of pause though.

I've got a King LTD Pro w/ Chrome 6F5T on the way to do battle with my GBB. To bad I have a foot of snow on the ground that isn't going anywhere for a while. The last few years, I've settled on a Cobra driver by early May it seems. Interested if it works that way again this year.

Between the F6 and the LTD is the driver I am targeting to put into the bag this year. The reviews are to good not to.

my fitter is high on the f6+. He normally isn't a cobra guy and is putting the f6+ in his bag

I think it comes down to one thing...the testimony and tech Cobra is putting into their
Clubs.

There's one thing about the LTD that really intrigues me, and I'd love to learn more about why it happens.

When I make contact higher on the face (not ultra higher, just notably above center and under the crown line) the feedback I get is comparable to a miss off the heel or toe.. Maybe it's sound changing a bit, but it feels/sounds like I am losing a decent amount of that 'mash' that I get off dead center.

With that in mind, I still hammer the ball up there. AMart gave me some grief for saying I 'missed' my drive on 18 yesterday in that exact location, and it turned out to be one of my biggest carries with the LTD in the bag. it's really interesting, but I don't hate it for doing that. I love gaining a better understanding of where I am hitting on the face beyond just leaving some dirt on my ball and seeing where the contact location is. I just need to get used to hammering drives that feel like a bit of a miss.
I saw where the ball landed...knew it was long! Although I don't blame you for thinking you "missed" it a bit. Guess that speaks to the LTD.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I saw where the ball landed...knew it was long! Although I don't blame you for thinking you "missed" it a bit. Guess that speaks to the LTD.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I think the term Rick Shiels used was "fly machines" when describing the new Cobra drivers when struck high on the face. I'm anxiously awaiting mine!

Tracking #:
Carrier:
USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED
imgTrckIntransit.jpg
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
Feb-02-16, 21:11 PM, CINCINNATI 45235
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
Feb-02-16, 21:09 PM, CINCINNATI 45235
Departed Post Office
Feb-02-16, 18:44 PM, CINCINNATI, OH 45255
DEPART POST OFFICE
Feb-02-16, 18:44 PM, CINCINNATI 45255

Has anyone notice that your launch angle is high?
The 4 different days I've hit the LTD, the LM says I'm sending it 15-20* on launch.
My strikes are on the bottom half if not really low.
So if I ever actually hit a shot above the midline, am I going to launch it like a 7 iron?
Other than this, if feels/sounds stupendous.
But then again so does the F6.

The 4 different days I've hit the LTD, the LM says I'm sending it 15-20* on launch.
So if I ever actually hit a shot above the midline, am I going to launch it like a 7 iron?

this would be the first bit of feedback I've read where launch was too high with this club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not experienced a really high launch with this one. I'm not sure many have.

Wonder what could be causing that for you. Any speculation?

I did notice high launch but not undesirably high, but I'm certainly a high ball hitter. I ordered it in the Pro version which had a slightly lower launch set at the same loft and is adjustable in .5 degree increments from 7-10 degrees. In my limited testing with the Pro head only in the 9* setting it launched similar to my 815 DBD but I might wind up with it set to 8 or 8.5*. I'll have it in tomorrow or Friday so I'll report back.

I'm thinking it's 1 of 2 things:
1) bad LM
2) My be falling back a little and adding a bunch of dynamic loft, but it did not feel like i was doing such.

I do know the shaft isn't teh issue. I have the Black 70 in Stiff for my Titleist and it's a mid launcher for me at most.

The demo club was sent at 9.5* which should be just fine for me.

I think I may need to visit the other store out here my my work.

I'm thinking it's 1 of 2 things:
1) bad LM
2) My be falling back a little and adding a bunch of dynamic loft, but it did not feel like i was doing such.

I do know the shaft isn't teh issue. I have the Black 70 in Stiff for my Titleist and it's a mid launcher for me at most.

The demo club was sent at 9.5* which should be just fine for me.

I think I may need to visit the other store out here my my work.

I never trust a LM, especially if it's not outside where I can tee the ball at exactly the right height. They often are off especially at golf stores. Watching the flight is the way to go. I hit them outside and the launch of the LTD was similar to my 815DBD with Aldila Tour Green while the the LTD Pro was slightly lower.

I need more days like today here in NE OH (65 & sunny) so I can get outside and see this club (and others) work in the real would.

I was suspicious of the LM for the it was registering SS at 80-85 mph & I know that is below what I can swing.

I need more days like today here in NE OH (65 & sunny) so I can get outside and see this club (and others) work in the real would.

I was suspicious of the LM for the it was registering SS at 80-85 mph & I know that is below what I can swing.

It's such a hard thing to measure a driver on a simulator for multiple reasons. Can you trust the numbers/flight? How much value is there without seeing "your" flight and whether that flight is what you believe to be ideal?

There's also the sound variance. I have a terrible time grading a club on sound indoors.

It's such a hard thing to measure a driver on a simulator for multiple reasons. Can you trust the numbers/flight? How much value is there without seeing "your" flight and whether that flight is what you believe to be ideal?

There's also the sound variance. I have a terrible time grading a club on sound indoors.

I wonder if players who dont like the f6 plus noise are hitting indoors? Because outside its not that bad. More hollow than king. but indoors I could see the f6 plus be REALLY loud. And I dont get how players can judge a club indoors on a monitor. I gotta see the ball flight and/or play it off real grass off a real tee. And there seems to be a over abundance of worrying whether one club spins 300 less or so and "gets" 4 more yards than the other. If this is all happening on a monitor without any outside testing it seems really goofy to me.

I wonder if players who dont like the f6 plus noise are hitting indoors? Because outside its not that bad. More hollow than king. but indoors I could see the f6 plus be REALLY loud. And I dont get how players can judge a club indoors on a monitor. I gotta see the ball flight and/or play it off real grass off a real tee. And there seems to be a over abundance of worrying whether one club spins 300 less or so and "gets" 4 more yards than the other. If this is all happening on a monitor without any outside testing it seems really goofy to me.

unfortunately, some of us do not have the luxury/option to demo clubs outdoors regardless of weather.

Outdoor demo-ing is pretty much impossible around here , but a huge reason I always bagged Titleist for so long is because they hold multiple outdoor demo days with Trackman at my home course.

Always bring in your gamer to establish a baseline and/or compare. It will also tell you if the sim is jacked or funny.

My LTD Pro is out for delivery today but of course I'm heading out on our annual boys Superbowl ski weekend in Tahoe at 7:00 am tomorrow. It looks like I might not get to hit it until Monday.:banghead:

My LTD Pro is out for delivery today but of course I'm heading out on our annual boys Superbowl ski weekend in Tahoe at 7:00 am tomorrow. It looks like I might not get to hit it until Monday.:banghead:

not sure if you can hear it all the way in northern california, but i'm playing the world's smallest violin for you right now! #firstworldproblems

Back