The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's not weird asking a woman? I think this "banter" may need some context. LOL

How do you think he felt with you asking? LOL

Pretty big event coming up and its listed in there.

And it's not weird asking a woman? I think this "banter" may need some context. LOL

How do you think he felt with you asking? LOL

Like JB said, it's for the RTJ Kickoff Classic. The guys are all getting underwear and socks from KENTWOOL, who is the sponsor of the event. I had to ask guys for their underwear and sock size, and it's super weird to ask someone their underwear size.

Like JB said, it's for the RTJ Kickoff Classic. The guys are all getting underwear and socks from KENTWOOL, who is the sponsor of the event. I had to ask guys for their underwear and sock size, and it's super weird to ask someone their underwear size.
Better to ask than guess! I think. Maybe.

I figured that was the reasoning.

Time to tee off!!!

No more four-eyed jokes for me. Got my first eyeglass prescription filled today. The optometrist told me I could essentially grab a pair of +1.25 reading glasses from Wal-Mart, but since I went whole-hog and got vision insurance this year I went for no-line bifocals and coughed up an extra $50. When looking into the distance my vision is still 20/15 but get something about 24 inches in front of my face and all bets are off. Glad to know that this typically happens at my age ... wonder what else is going to start breaking down alongside my eyes and back.

The prescription will be ready in about a week, so hopefully I won't have so many headaches and tired eyes at the end of my work day.

No more four-eyed jokes for me. Got my first eyeglass prescription filled today. The optometrist told me I could essentially grab a pair of +1.25 reading glasses from Wal-Mart, but since I went whole-hog and got vision insurance this year I went for no-line bifocals and coughed up an extra $50. When looking into the distance my vision is still 20/15 but get something about 24 inches in front of my face and all bets are off. Glad to know that this typically happens at my age ... wonder what else is going to start breaking down alongside my eyes and back.

The prescription will be ready in about a week, so hopefully I won't have so many headaches and tired eyes at the end of my work day.

Didn't start needing glasses until 49. One day I just realized that I couldn't read the type. Distance is still 20/10, which isn't always good thing.

Didn't start needing glasses until 49. One day I just realized that I couldn't read the type. Distance is still 20/10, which isn't always good thing.
Yep, talking with the optometrist he said people are always amazed that one day they can read something, and the next it's like "What the heck?" That's exactly what happened to me. Oh well ... as one of my co-workers said, I've become "optically mature". Wife wanted to know if I bought a pair of sexy glasses ... I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. I just grabbed a set of frames that didn't cost a bazillion dollars and made me look like a dork.

Yep, talking with the optometrist he said people are always amazed that one day they can read something, and the next it's like "What the heck?" That's exactly what happened to me. Oh well ... as one of my co-workers said, I've become "optically mature". Wife wanted to know if I bought a pair of sexy glasses ... I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. I just grabbed a set of frames that didn't cost a bazillion dollars and made me look like a dork.

I got a pair of Harley Davidson glasses. I think they make me look bad@ss and like a tough guy. LOL

Lol this is great, funny way to mess with telemarketers (take a second to listen to the youtube clip)

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/dial-number-next-time-telemarketing-195800798.html

[h=1]Dial This Number Next Time You Get a Telemarketing Call, Then Watch Chaos Reign[/h]Jack Smith IV,Mic 18 hours ago

Robots, algorithms and machines sometimes seem designed to destroy us. They take our jobs, manipulate our Facebook News Feeds and rain death on foreign nations from across the world. But some robots can be heroes, saving us from the dreary agents of capitalism.

The Jolly Roger is such a bot, designed to lead telemarketers down a rhetorical maze to keep them busy until they're at their wits' end while you go on about your day.
Next time someone calls you for sales purposes, simply tap "add call." Dial 214-666-4321. Merge the calls. Then the Jolly Roger Telephone Co., a voice recording that will frustrate and confuse that telemarketer, will take over.
The future of the internet: robots trying to coerce and sell things to the robots we've hired to defend us.​
The robotic script is designed to trick someone into trying to engage it for as long as possible. Along with affirmatives like "yes" and a curious "OK," it mixes in questions like"Sorry, could you start over? Who's this? Why are you calling?" It also goes off on entire tangents and distractions, leading annoyed salespeople to try and find lucidity and understanding in a totally lifeless recording.
The robot was created by Roger Anderson, who now has a YouTube channel where he documents various telemarketers encountering his robot. Some of the telemarketers figure out eventually that they're dealing with a bot. It's highly entertaining in its schadenfreude.

Source: YouTubeWhen listening to the videos, you may reach a moment when you begin to feel bad for the telemarketers. Don't fall into this trap, Anderson reminds you in some of the videos:Many of these callers are going around Do Not Call lists or are using machines to ping thousands of people at a time. As well-intentioned as they may seem, they're ultimately using shady sales tactics.
Then again, some telemarketers are just robots themselves, impervious to pranks or other forms of manipulation or deception. In this case, you can still forward the call to Jolly Roger and watch the future of the internet: robots trying to coerce and sell things to the robots we've hired to defend us.

Man I feel like crap day 3 of this body ache and stuffiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty funny.

So I have a trip in March that is for about 9-10 days and I am struggling with it. First the cost is crazy high, because being out that long leads to high costs obviously. Then being away from home that long is just something I am not comfortable with. But it might just have to be done, as there is SO much still to do for 2016 and this trip will really put the icing on it and seal it up.

That is a heck of a long trip, I know after 5 days I'm ready to come home no matter what. But I can only imagine it's going to lead to more great things for THP and probably a lot we haven't already heard about.

My wife wears glasses, and although I tried wearing them in Middle school, I hated it and haven't worn them since. Last night she wasn't wearing hers, and she pointed out a street sign ahead, I said "you can read that?" She said she could easily read it... without her glasses.

It might be time for me to revisit glasses.

Lol this is great, funny way to mess with telemarketers (take a second to listen to the youtube clip)

It's funny, I've asked quickly "Wait is this a real person" numerous times. The last one said "wow do I sound that bad tonight? You sound like your not interested so I'll add you to the don't call list"

Amazing. I felt great about it.

So I have a trip in March that is for about 9-10 days and I am struggling with it. First the cost is crazy high, because being out that long leads to high costs obviously. Then being away from home that long is just something I am not comfortable with. But it might just have to be done, as there is SO much still to do for 2016 and this trip will really put the icing on it and seal it up.
That's a long one. No way to pack enough clothes. End up having to use hotel cleaners which aren't cheap. I try to keep my trips to 6 days or less, and know you do to, but sometimes it has to be done.

That's a long one. No way to pack enough clothes. End up having to use hotel cleaners which aren't cheap. I try to keep my trips to 6 days or less, and know you do to, but sometimes it has to be done.

Hyatt Place and Hyatt House both have laundry facilities which is nice.

That is a MASSIVE trip out west dude, dang!

That is a MASSIVE trip out west dude, dang!

There is a stop in TX first for UST day and visiting Ben Hogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back