donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So i have a set of Mp-25's with Kbs Tour C-Tapers and a Set of Ben Hogan Fort Worth Blacks with KBS Tour V's, both Stiff shafts. but I am coming into a new set of heads, Bridgestone JGR HF2's and thinking of Graphites. I still play a good stick and have no issues with either of the sets i have now, but I am 61 years young and avg 7 iron is 165yds. Any suggestions on where to start? i am going to the Super Store to try some but really don't want to run through the whole store so if you have experience with them, what?

Of course if you have a set that needs testing....

So i have a set of Mp-25's with Kbs Tour C-Tapers and a Set of Ben Hogan Fort Worth Blacks with KBS Tour V's, both Stiff shafts. but I am coming into a new set of heads, Bridgestone JGR HF2's and thinking of Graphites. I still play a good stick and have no issues with either of the sets i have now, but I am 61 years young and avg 7 iron is 165yds. Any suggestions on where to start? i am going to the Super Store to try some but really don't want to run through the whole store so if you have experience with them, what?

Of course if you have a set that needs testing....

If you are considering this, my first suggestion would be the UST Mamiya Recoil Protos. They come in at 110g and 125g variants and they are NOT you father's graphite iron shafts. Link below.

https://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/recoil/recoil-110-prototype-iron

I'd also look at the Steelfibers from Aerotech. They are kind of polarizing, but definitely worth considering.

Another recommendation for the Recoils here - I have the 125 F5 in my irons.
Best thing I have done for my wrists and hands.

And yes these are definitely way better than the graphite shafts of old.
In fact I don't even think about it anymore. They look, feel and play like steel shafts.

Good luck with your search!

When it comes to graphite iron shafts there’s Recoil, and then everything else imo.

I agree with everyone else - recoils. Don't bother looking elsewhere. Every person I know that went to them swears by them.

I’m using recoil from my 3hy to my 58* wedge. They’re that good.

Back