The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the car in for an oil change, Mechanic calls and tells me I need $1200 worth of service.

Decline and take it to the dealership, only needs $120 worth of work, and they are covering it for free.

Why try and screw me?

Take the car in for an oil change, Mechanic calls and tells me I need $1200 worth of service.

Decline and take it to the dealership, only needs $120 worth of work, and they are covering it for free.

Why try and screw me?

I'm going in for an oil change this week. They always tell me I need something. They got me on the 'throttle body cleaning' last year. Read up on it and it said most cars don't need it until at least 75k. I was in for my 40k oil change.

Why try and screw me?
I think the answer is simply because it works on a high percentage of people. Some shops give much higher commissions on all "upsells" as well.

It's just downright bad business and rude.

I'm going in for an oil change this week. They always tell me I need something. They got me on the 'throttle body cleaning' last year. Read up on it and it said most cars don't need it until at least 75k. I was in for my 40k oil change.

I think the answer is simply because it works on a high percentage of people. Some shops give much higher commissions on all "upsells" as well.

It's just downright bad business and rude.

It is bad business.

I had the mechanic write everything up in an estimate, and then took it to my dealership and they absolutely laughed at what he had written.

I need Jrod to be local.

I only go to my dealer now for the reasons mentioned above. My truck does not need a mile change every 3 months or 3000 miles. I go to Jiffy Lube or Dobbs (a local mechanic whose speciality is tires) always turns a $40 oil change into a $300 oil change trying to sell me PM services outside of Ford's recommended PM schedule or repairs that don't need to be made. When I take it to my dealer I walk out with a an oil change and that is it. Amazing.

I only go to my dealer now for the reasons mentioned above. My truck does not need a mile change every 3 months or 3000 miles. I go to Jiffy Lube or Dobbs (a local mechanic whose speciality is tires) always turns a $40 oil change into a $300 oil change trying to sell me PM services outside of Ford's recommended PM schedule or repairs that don't need to be made. When I take it to my dealer I walk out with a an oil change and that is it. Amazing.
Interestingly enough, my local GM stealership is the WORST for this kind of junk.
My local Acura dealer is great though. Quick, efficient, fair prices, no BS.

It always just totally depends on the people inside and their values.

Same here. I will literally run away from someone I know if I see them out at a store, because I HATE that "Hey how are you, good how are you, blah blah blah" talk. I always wish I could get those 30 seconds back.
I was LOLing at the thought of someone literally running away and then imaging the look on the other person's face!

Why try and screw me?
:wtf:

Why try and screw me?
Everything comes back to Seinfeld. Here's your answer:

I do the same! Nerfny makes fun of me for it. I will avoid aisles in the grocery store if there is someone it in that I know will want to stop and chat.

the best is when you start going one way down the 1st aisle in the store, and the person you casually know is coming down the aisle the opposite way. you stop and exchange those painful, banal, nauseating pleasantries, then you have to see them on every. single. aisle. and it's always the ol' purse your lips in some ambiguous grotesque half-smile, maybe raise your eyebrows a little. so stupid.

This is 100% false my friend. Especially if you're burning ethanol. Most manufacturers recommend every 36k with the crap gas we put in our cars I do it closer to every 15 on my own vehicles.

I would never go more than 25. As long as by throttle body cleaning they mean the entire induction system.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you, student, for F-bombing me for "giving" you zeros. Enjoy your week in ISS.

What does that stand for I remember the acronym but can't remember what it means to save my life!

What does that stand for I remember the acronym but can't remember what it stands for?

In School Suspension is what it was for me.. Don't ask how I know

What does that stand for I remember the acronym but can't remember what it means to save my life!

In school suspension

We just called it IS for internal suspension. Found myself there once for wearing "inappropriate clothing" aka a tank top.

That's right!

That never happened to me though.

We just called it IS for internal suspension. Found myself there once for wearing "inappropriate clothing" aka a tank top.

Hahaha wow. I got mine for a "fight" in 7th grade when a kid hit me in the back of the head with a lunch tray.. It was silly

I was there daily senior year.

I made some bad decisions in early life.

Hahaha wow. I got mine for a "fight" in 7th grade when a kid hit me in the back of the head with a lunch tray.. It was silly

Learn something new every day. WHo knew my wife was one of "those girls" in high school. :D

That sounds painful.

I actually got sent there twice for inappropriate clothing. I forgot once they lined us up against a wall and measured our shorts, and mine were too short.

Apparently I was a wh0re in middle and high school haha.

This reminds me of when kids wore those big Johnson shirts.

They made them turn them inside out ha-ha.

Im going to pretend that marked out word with 5 letters spells

Daisy

That sounds painful.

I actually got sent there twice for inappropriate clothing. I forgot once they lined us up against a wall and measured our shorts, and mine were too short.

Apparently I was a ***** in middle and high school haha.

He accused me of taking his seat at lunch... Oh to be young again.

As for you, clearly you didn't understand what constituted appropriate clothing. I always remember the rule that shorts/skirts had to be longer than your fingertips

This reminds me of when kids wore those big Johnson shirts.

They made them turn them inside out ha-ha.

I have no idea what those are, but when I was in school a bunch of kids wore those JNCO jeans that were super baggy. Why did kids think these were cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back