Club fitting - length and lie

the_chizness

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys

My first post. Look forward to having THP as a resource moving forward and thanks in advance for any help.

First off I'm 6'4. Wrist to floor is 37".

I just got fitted for Mizunos jpx 850 forged and my specs were +1/2 inch and 2up.

Now I want to get the Nike Vapor Pro combo irons because I can get an unreal discount on them. I don't have much money to pay to get refit so my question is how do I transfer those specs over to Nike? The standard length, lofts, lies and bounces are different from Mizuno to nike. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well, I am sure there will be someone on here who can provide more technical details but I would guess that the length and lie would be the same. You could try bringing some tape and take some swings and see what that shows for lie. As to length, I would just compare your Mizunos to the Nikes side by side.

Hey guys

My first post. Look forward to having THP as a resource moving forward and thanks in advance for any help.

First off I'm 6'4. Wrist to floor is 37".

I just got fitted for Mizunos jpx 850 forged and my specs were +1/2 inch and 2up.

Now I want to get the Nike Vapor Pro combo irons because I can get an unreal discount on them. I don't have much money to pay to get refit so my question is how do I transfer those specs over to Nike? The standard length, lofts, lies and bounces are different from Mizuno to nike. Thanks

I would just have the shafts on the Nike's lengthened and then have the lie angles bent to match what your fitting results are. Not sure where you're at, but I know where I work and even around me loft and lie bending isn't that expensive at all.

I believe the Nike's are 1/2" longer than the jpx 850 and 1* more upright to start with. If you can order with your needed specs that's great or as six4three5 mentioned find a place that does the adjustments which are usually cheap to do

I believe the Nike's are 1/2" longer than the jpx 850 and 1* more upright to start with. If you can order with your needed specs that's great or as six4three5 mentioned find a place that does the adjustments which are usually cheap to do

I'm always confused about the reported lengths of Nike clubs. I looked at the Vapor Fly Pros in the store, and the 7i didn't seem to be .75" longer than the Mizuno I was comparing it to. OP might want to check in a store and get a side-by-side comparison. Definitely more upright though.

I'm always confused about the reported lengths of Nike clubs. I looked at the Vapor Fly Pros in the store, and the 7i didn't seem to be .75" longer than the Mizuno I was comparing it to. OP might want to check in a store and get a side-by-side comparison. Definitely more upright though.

Yeah, I was just going from memory, from what I remember Jman saying is how nike measures. It's like everything else there is no standard for what is considered standard.

Yeah, I was just going from memory, from what I remember Jman saying is how nike measures. It's like everything else there is no standard for what is considered standard.
Youre right. Nike is a half inch longer than Mizuno and 1 degree more upright. But what is standard length, because I need to be 1/2 inch longer than standard. Mizuno is supposedly 1/4 inch shorter than standard. Nike is a 1/4 inch longer than standard then? Titleist and Callaway are the same all the way thru their sets which is in between Nike and Mizuno. I'll base that as standard I suppose.

Wish it was the same across the board but final decision is that if Nike is 1/4 above standard, I'll add another 1/4.

Thanks

You could buy the Nike irons and then go to custom golf shop or club builder in your area and have them fit to you.

You could buy the Nike irons and then go to custom golf shop or club builder in your area and have them fit to you.
I could do that for lie and grips but for extra length I don't wanna have to get extensions you know

First of all, welcome to THP!

If you were fit to +1/2" and 2° up for the 850s, I would think those measurements would be to 850 standard specs. If the Nike stock specs are 1/2" longer than the Mizuno stock specs, you should already be at the proper length. Mizuno generally has flatter stock lie angles that other OEMs , so you would probably just need to go another 1 to 1.5 degrees upright from Nike stock.

Back