What is your "off-season?"

OITW

Reaction score
Living in the Northeast, my off-season has generally been the week of Christmas through end of January or mid February.

I don't swing the clubs and really kind of just shut it down during this time frame.

Last year we had some extreme cold and I was possibly suffering from burnout, I didn't touch a club from the beginning of Dec until mid February, when we had a 60* day and the bug was back!

This year, my off season is going to be the shortest it has been started this past Monday and is running through Sat, Jan 5th then we're back at it!

So what is your "off-season" THP?

This season? 2nd week of October through late Jan/early Feb for sim rounds at least. Traditionally its been Thanksgiving through March 1st is basically a firm no from me.

October - April unless I travel

In AZ....my off season is sunset New Years Eve to the end of the Fiesta Bowl.

My offseason is any day it's raining. Other than that, game on.

it's not a total cut-off, but i play almost no golf from mid-january through mid-april because of work. every now and then i'll try to slip out, but that may be once every 6 weeks.

I dont have one. As long as its not too windy or cold I can get out and practice or play. Typically Jan-Feb are the months with the least amount of days i can golf becuase of weather.

I hant played since early November and if we have a lot snow this year, I may not get out until the Ultimate gathering in March.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mid October to the end of April.

Only way we don't play is when there is snow on the ground. If temp is reasonable and winds mild we play. I think the longest I have not played here in Kansas has only been 1 month and that was because of snow.

My offseason is any day it's raining. Other than that, game on.

Same here. It's colder up here in the Bay Area than you but it's easily playable. No desire to play in wet conditions though.

What's an off-season?

Depends on the year, but I usually get at least one round in per month November-Feb. This year looks like December is going to be a no go though.

Mine usually starts mid to late October and runs until the end of February. Once in a while here in IL we get a warm day and can go play in January but otherwise I don't swing a club until February. Then I start to ramp back up for the season hitting up Golf Shows and Top Golf.

When I was in the PNW, there was pretty much no off season. Back here in the northeast, generally December - February or so I'm not thinking much about golf (except following along with THP Events).

I really don't have one. Living in the south the weather is generally good enough to play all year. I just played this week.

I'm not as Hearty as you Oitw.

Sadly My Off season started after the New England gathering in Sept. Sometimes life gets in the way.
I am starting to hit the Sim golf starting next week.

I try to play as long as it’s not raining, wind howling, and at least 45*. It’s been a weird year though as I have been very busy the last few months and only made it out for 9 holes in the last 2 months. Right now I am laid up post sinus surgery but as soon as I am able I want to start regular range visits again. My game is all out of whack and it’s just because a lack of swinging a club lately I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have an off-season but i slow down in the winter spring because of the rain we tend to get.

giphy.gif

In Minnesota it's late October to late March normally but sometimes gets pushed into April. I lived in California for the last 20 years but still mostly took 4-5 months off. Many winters living there I didn't play more than 2-4 local winter rounds. I'll be in Florida for some long weekends in January and February this winter so I'll get in a few rounds down there.

Mid September until April if I am lucky. If not, usually May.

The courses take their sweet time opening in the spring, and are usually just muck until June.

Nobody likes a show off!

Off season around here is usually early November til mid March. Last year we didn't get out until the end of April due to some ridiculous spring blizzards- it sucked! The courses have been open this week- so we do get odd years that people can play just about every month if we're lucky. I generally don't venture out but opt for sim golf instead if it's late December/January.

Didn't have an off season in Arizona or Florida, but I'm pondering shutting things down until March here. Courses are getting really wet and it's just not a lot of fun to play right now. A stretch of good weather will probably change my mind, tho.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back