XXIO Prime Driver

This thread and another illustrates, in part, the value of this site to me. In another thread, as a senior, I asked for some equipment advice. One response suggested the XXIO equipment. Frankly, I had never heard of them before reading that post. With that suggestion and the comments in this thread, I decided to check them out. While none of the usual and typical golf shops sell them, I was able to find a shop, Club Champion, near DC that sells them. So I called them, and the gentleman to whom I spoke confirmed that they are designed in such a way as to aid a senior with a low swing speed. Unfortunately, they have no left handed demos currently available, but they are going to contact the distributor to see if such are available and try to get some. They are going to call me back, if left hand demos are available, an appointment will be made to try them out and hopefully be fitted. If all goes well and they do accommodate my needs, I hope to order a driver and a couple of fairway medals.

This thread and another illustrates, in part, the value of this site to me. In another thread, as a senior, I asked for some equipment advice. One response suggested the XXIO equipment. Frankly, I had never heard of them before reading that post. With that suggestion and the comments in this thread, I decided to check them out. While none of the usual and typical golf shops sell them, I was able to find a shop, Club Champion, near DC that sells them. So I called them, and the gentleman to whom I spoke confirmed that they are designed in such a way as to aid a senior with a low swing speed. Unfortunately, they have no left handed demos currently available, but they are going to contact the distributor to see if such are available and try to get some. They are going to call me back, if left hand demos are available, an appointment will be made to try them out and hopefully be fitted. If all goes well and they do accommodate my needs, I hope to order a driver and a couple of fairway medals.

THP to the rescue again! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts with these.

THP to the rescue again! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts with these.

Will do, but at this point it rides on whether left handed equipment is available. Regardless, I may still make an appointment at this shop because they may have something else that I have never heard of that could benefit me.

Will do, but at this point it rides on whether left handed equipment is available. Regardless, I may still make an appointment at this shop because they may have something else that I have never heard of that could benefit me.

I would encourage that, Club Champion is a top notch fitter and even if it's not XXIO, they should be able to get you set up with what you need for your swing. Although fair warning, it doesn't come cheap - but then, neither does XXIO, so I'd imagine you're ready for some sticker shock.

I would encourage that, Club Champion is a top notch fitter and even if it's not XXIO, they should be able to get you set up with what you need for your swing. Although fair warning, it doesn't come cheap - but then, neither does XXIO, so I'd imagine you're ready for some sticker shock.

I have been warned that they might be expensive. But I tend to use the same equipment for at least 4 to 5 years or so, at the minimum. So what's cheaper, using equipment what works for multiple years or purchasing multiple clubs over that period looking for that magic club.

XXIO Prime (this thread) appears to be RH only. You may want to look into XXIO 9, which the driver review thread can be found here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?77366-XXIO-9-Driver-THP-Review-Thread

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and help. If the XXIO 9 is available in left handed, that's fine. To be honest, my game is not so good that I could probably tell the difference. Who knows, the 9 could even be better for me. Sometimes, it seems that the more expensive the club, the more it is designed for the better player. Hey, I don't need to buy the SL if the E series gets me to where I want to go.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and help. If the XXIO 9 is available in left handed, that's fine. To be honest, my game is not so good that I could probably tell the difference. Who knows, the 9 could even be better for me. Sometimes, it seems that the more expensive the club, the more it is designed for the better player. Hey, I don't need to buy the SL if the E series gets me to where I want to go.

The XXIO Prime is a bit more expensive, and the difference is a bit higher launching.
Both are incredible driver heads.

I have been warned that they might be expensive. But I tend to use the same equipment for at least 4 to 5 years or so, at the minimum. So what's cheaper, using equipment what works for multiple years or purchasing multiple clubs over that period looking for that magic club.

I have become intimately familiar with this over the last few years haha. In the process of getting a fitted set of irons that I intend to last for several years rather than the multiple yearly flips I've done the last 2 years.

So I called them, and the gentleman to whom I spoke confirmed that they are designed in such a way as to aid a senior with a low swing speed.

based on how it's been explained to me, and what i've seen with my own two eyes, i would disagree with that statement. this driver worked and worked WELL for people of all ages and swing speeds that took swipes with it. i would say this driver isn't just for seniors or slower swingers, though it could definitely help them just as it could help most everybody.

based on how it's been explained to me, and what i've seen with my own two eyes, i would disagree with that statement. this driver worked and worked WELL for people of all ages and swing speeds that took swipes with it. i would say this driver isn't just for seniors or slower swingers, though it could definitely help them just as it could help most everybody.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the design was exclusively for seniors with low swing speeds, but rather that the gentleman stated that the design would definitely aid them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the design was exclusively for seniors with low swing speeds, but rather that the gentleman stated that the design would definitely aid them.

no apologies necessary my friend! I would just not want someone to pass this by because they think they swing too fast for it. the thing is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a long time since I've been called a gentleman. :banana:

Good to hear that you are taking a interest in the XXIO 9 driver and I suspect it will be a very good fit for you.

Will this bad mamma jamma be making an appearance at #TheGauntlet?

#TeamStripeShow

Will this bad mamma jamma be making an appearance at #TheGauntlet?

#TeamStripeShow

Im pretty sure that the Gauntlet participants will have plenty to demo from the sponsor of that event.
Im not playing, so will not have my bag with me.

So jazzed.

Not sure about the Prime being available in left handed but I found this when I was researching my purchase of the
XXIO 8: 10.5 R, 9.5 S also available in Left Handed

Sometimes, timing just works out. The XXIO9 became available in a left hand model on January 16, 2016. I am also encouraged that this driver and its sibling fairway medals will work for me. The related web site states that the design uses a heavier head and a lighter shaft to promote lag. What's encouraging is that when I was fitted for my irons, they were D4 as opposed to the typical D3 and a light senior graphite shaft was used. Well that is my laymen's thinking. Now I am just waiting for the Club Champion fitter to get back to me regarding the availability of the demos.

There are a lot of clubs I'm interested in trying at Club Clash. But this driver is right at the top of the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was messing around with this at the PGASS last night. They only had it in a R flex but the torque said 6.7! It was like swinging a spaghetti noodle. Had a great sound off the face though.

Stupid question, but how do you pronounce the name of this driver? Is it 2010 or do you just say ex ex one oh???

Back