Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

Did you try to change the intensity of the red with the button on the side? There is 3 settings of intensity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes I have it on the darkest setting. It shows up OK on a cloudy day but not great, nothing close to my buddy's Z6 or some of the Leupold lasers with the red display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the brightness setting. Also, do you wear sunglasses

Check the brightness setting. Also, do you wear sunglasses

Yes I have it on the darkest, boldest setting (#4 I believe). I wear sunglasses (Oakley Prizm Golf lense) only in the sun. If it's overcast I don't wear the glasses.

Yes I have it on the darkest, boldest setting (#4 I believe). I wear sunglasses (Oakley Prizm Golf lense) only in the sun. If it's overcast I don't wear the glasses.
Ok. I had similar issues with the red display and sunglasses

Just picked up a Bushnell Tour X off ebay for $295. Finally! I've been looking for a rangefinder for a while - this was too good to pass up. Gonna pay for it (in the non-money sense) from my wife when she sees the bill. Oh well - it was still worth it.

One question I have for anyone: I have never used any rangefinder - at all. Last week I tried both a V3 & the Tour X during a round and couldn't get a reading on either one. I didn't want to hold up the round so I didn't get a chance to play around with it. What's the technique? Just hold the button down, right?
(I feel like an idoit for even posting this question, but what the heck - I am an idiot sometimes lol!)

Just picked up a Bushnell Tour X off ebay for $295. Finally! I've been looking for a rangefinder for a while - this was too good to pass up. Gonna pay for it (in the non-money sense) from my wife when she sees the bill. Oh well - it was still worth it.

One question I have for anyone: I have never used any rangefinder - at all. Last week I tried both a V3 & the Tour X during a round and couldn't get a reading on either one. I didn't want to hold up the round so I didn't get a chance to play around with it. What's the technique? Just hold the button down, right?
(I feel like an idoit for even posting this question, but what the heck - I am an idiot sometimes lol!)

Grins, on the V3, just press the button, don't hold. That will cycle the modes and get people on metric units. On the Tour X, it's so fast that all you do is press it and it'll come back with a distance. That's a great price you snagged it! Enjoy!

Grins, on the V3, just press the button, don't hold. That will cycle the modes and get people on metric units. On the Tour X, it's so fast that all you do is press it and it'll come back with a distance. That's a great price you snagged it! Enjoy!

AAhhhh! That explains it. I was holding the button down. Jeez - hope I didn't change the mode to meters on Phillyv or Mikedean441 lol!

Thanks for the deets!

I am so glad I picked this model up. I was all set to grab a used V3 for much cheaper, but I think it would've really bothered me. Basically for about $100 more I got something I shouldn't have to replace in the foreseeable future.

Next step - lasering the average distance with each club ASAP so I can check gaps with wedges, etc.

Heck of a price grins nice pickup

Grins, if you have trouble with it I will gladly take it off your hands for $300, imagine a $5 profit, lol.

Great buy my friend and I know you will love it.

Grins, if you have trouble with it I will gladly take it off your hands for $300, imagine a $5 profit, lol.

Great buy my friend and I know you will love it.
In the words of Sergeant Schultz (from Hogan's Heroes): "Jolly Joker!"

Hopefully we will get another chance to tee it up soon!

Press once to turn it on and then hold it until you feel the jolt. Usually instantaneous.

OK maybe another dumb question. I picked up a used Tour x off ebay. It just arrived yesterday & I was pointing it at mailboxes, etc. to see how it worked. I got numbers to show up fine, but I never felt any jolt action. Should there always be a jolt when the number shows up? Just worried that I got a damaged item.

OK maybe another dumb question. I picked up a used Tour x off ebay. It just arrived yesterday & I was pointing it at mailboxes, etc. to see how it worked. I got numbers to show up fine, but I never felt any jolt action. Should there always be a jolt when the number shows up? Just worried that I got a damaged item.
no you will only get a jolt when it hits the flag. Try targeting a small thin post to see if it jolts.

You will only get the jolt if it sees two objects in the path. Ie the flag and trees behind the flag. Try scanning a pole that has an object behind it. Aim the reticle at the pole than slide over to the object behind it and back to the pole.

btw, I don't own a tour x....but I read the manual :smile:

Question for those that have been using the tour x. Do you have any desire to check out the V4/V4slope? Would you be willing to give up some of the features the Tour X has (higher magnification and DDT) to have a smaller V4 that doesn't require changing face plates?

The Tour X is now 409 on Amazon...and I'm torn if I should just pick up the Tour X. It would only be $10 more than the V4 slope.

No, I will stick with the Tour X.

IF I was using the Tour X I don't think I would switch to the V4. The V4 would be a nice upgrade from say the V2, however I just don't see a reason to lose useful features to move to the V4.

Tour X is staying in the bag. Likely for a long time.

Tour X is staying in the bag. Likely for a long time.

This. The Tour X has been my first experience with a rangefinder and granted I've only been using it for a couple rounds (thanks to THP), the thing has really impressed.

I went from the V2 to the Tour X and won't be looking back. It has all the features that I need and use.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm jealous of you all. Would love to move up from the V3.

I'm just itching to get mine on the course!

Question, because the Tour X has higher magnification is it harder to aim and keep it steady?

Back