Iron shaft fitting results

widesol2003

Reaction score
Handicap
I went for a shaft fitting in my ping i200/ xp95r

My dispersion on 10 shafts I tried was roughly 25yrds and inconsistent distance/ left to right and heel strikes

I tried heavier KBS tour stiff and all 15 shot was centre of the face with 5yrd dispersion which was amazin and felt great, I felt like a whole new golfer

Now the thing that is bothering me is fitting of Mats, my ball speed was roughly 105 with 7iron and 19* launch 6500 spin rate (tour B xs ball)

Should I take those numbers and run or should I wait to hit of grass ? I'm in Canada so there will be no golf till April

Thanks

I will watch this thread for knowledgeable answers to yoiu question, but I had to say that is one heck of a difference!

Mats shouldn't effect delivery into the ball or contact - I'd go with it. Though 105 ball speed seems on the low side for KBS in S, it still sounds like it worked well for you.

I go for an iron fitting on 12/29. My TM M4 came with stiff KBS Max 85 shafts. They hit okay, but at 59, with prostethic hips and four bad discs in my back, I think I need different (hopefully graphite) shafts. I also think the length and lie needs checked. I’m curious to see the results.

Mats shouldn't effect delivery into the ball or contact - I'd go with it. Though 105 ball speed seems on the low side for KBS in S, it still sounds like it worked well for you.
Thanks

I have a very quick aggressive transition..

We started with mizuno DNA and it but me in 120g everything and Siff/6.0

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thanks

I have a very quick aggressive transition..

We started with mizuno DNA and it but me in 120g everything and Siff/6.0

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

In that case I wouldn’t be concerned. Coming from a cold weather area I’ve been fit on mats most times and had some of my best fittings.

I went for a shaft fitting in my ping i200/ xp95r

My dispersion on 10 shafts I tried was roughly 25yrds and inconsistent distance/ left to right and heel strikes

I tried heavier KBS tour stiff and all 15 shot was centre of the face with 5yrd dispersion which was amazin and felt great, I felt like a whole new golfer

Now the thing that is bothering me is fitting of Mats, my ball speed was roughly 105 with 7iron and 19* launch 6500 spin rate (tour B xs ball)

Should I take those numbers and run or should I wait to hit of grass ? I'm in Canada so there will be no golf till April

Thanks

Did your fitter take into account the differences in spin and launch angle when hitting off of grass vs. mats? If he did his homework and u are pleased with the results it sounds like a win! Check out the link I put in my last post. I noticed a discrepancy on my numbers inside vs. outside and had heard something about mats and what to be aware of, so I looked into it.

This seems to support what I said: "As you can see from the chart there is minimal change in Club Data, we are safe to assume that the major variances in Launch Angle and Spin Rate were affected solely by the surface."

Right, the way he delivers the club doesn't matter...face angle, angle of attack. What I want him to see if how the mat will affect his launch angle and spin.

I would say that someone who pinches the ball and takes divots is going to have quite different results off a mat and off grass and someone like me who picks the ball off the surface with a sweeping motion will have closer results off the 2 surfaces. That is just my intuition though, it would be nice for someone to do a study with 10 golfers of various handicaps and swing styles and see the results for each one because I am nearly certain results will vary.

Right, the way he delivers the club doesn't matter...face angle, angle of attack. What I want him to see if how the mat will affect his launch angle and spin.

Got it. Was just making sure I didn’t misread something.

Back