2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incline bench. Started using 70lbs dumbbells comfortably two weeks ago when I tried the 70 my form was a mess and dropped down a few lbs and worked my way up.

My hands weren't feeling hook grip tonight. So I strapped the last 5 reps of my deadlift set.

Also, deadlift face:
f96261cf04e2bda16a2a1a93529d4017.jpg

It's awesome when you see someone go for it. Nice job Blu. The deadlift face resembles the face on a code brown. :alien:

It's awesome when you see someone go for it. Nice job Blu. The deadlift face resembles the face on a code brown. :alien:
I had done my pre-work for that scenario.

Did I miss the new gym style? What is with guys wearing just spandex pants?

The gym has been going good for me. I like that I work one muscle group a day.

Yesterday was shoulders
OH press 5x5 of 85lbs, I did another set after of 4 reps of 95lbs
Shoulder shrugs 5x5
Dumbbell OH press 5x5
Dumbbell arm raises 5x5.

Today is back, yippee for deadlifts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hands weren't feeling hook grip tonight. So I strapped the last 5 reps of my deadlift set.

Also, deadlift face:

Hey Joe, high five!

Also, deadlift face:
Well done.

Any recommendations for straps and wrist wraps?

Well done.

Any recommendations for straps and wrist wraps?
The book has its own recommendations. I like the standard nylon straps. No reason to go super fancy really.

Ugh. light squats. 280lb for a set of 5. I then asked to work in with a guy on the platform. He was using the dumb bumper plates. looks awesome. But it's stupid.
Why are bumper plates dumb?

Yesterday was shoulders
Shoulder shrugs 5x5
Dumbbell OH press 5x5
Dumbbell arm raises 5x5.

Its partially for warmth but also just to show off a bit.

Yesterday was shoulders
Shoulder shrugs 5x5
Dumbbell OH press 5x5
Dumbbell arm raises 5x5.

Like, just spandex pants and no shirt? That's a Crossfit thing.

Like, just spandex pants and no shirt? That's a Crossfit thing.

No there's a shirt being worn, but just grown a$$ dudes walking around in spandex pants. Weird...

Why are bumper plates dumb?

Its partially for warmth but also just to show off a bit.
My gym's bumper plates are dumb. They're thicker than standard bumpers, 435 is the most that can be on the bar. And they have a smaller diameter than standard bumpers. I don't know why that is, or why my gym bought those specific bumpers, but I bet it was cost related.

My gym's bumper plates are dumb. They're thicker than standard bumpers, 435 is the most that can be on the bar. And they have a smaller diameter than standard bumpers. I don't know why that is, or why my gym bought those specific bumpers, but I bet it was cost related.
Ah gotcha. Weird

No there's a shirt being worn, but just grown a$$ dudes walking around in spandex pants. Weird...

I have friends that do it to keep them warm, but they'll usually wear shorts over them. Other guys do it to show off dem muscles.

I have friends that do it to keep them warm, but they'll usually wear shorts over them. Other guys do it to show off dem muscles.

It's hard to show dem muscles deadlifting 135 with terrible form(I felt bad for his back). Then to top it all off he just left his weights in the floor and left. Whatever though, I tell my wife every time I go, I can't wait to get the home gym. Between the spandex and 15 year olds taking a rack for and hour+ practicing lifts, it's getting out of control... Lol.

It's hard to show dem muscles deadlifting 135 with terrible form(I felt bad for his back). Then to top it all off he just left his weights in the floor and left. Whatever though, I tell my wife every time I go, I can't wait to get the home gym. Between the spandex and 15 year olds taking a rack for and hour+ practicing lifts, it's getting out of control... Lol.

That sounds awful man, can't say I would miss that haha. Just start a new trend, loincloth ftw lol nobody will mess with you.

That sounds awful man, can't say I would miss that haha. Just start a new trend, loincloth ftw lol nobody will mess with you.
Nah. Just lift in a singlet. Tell everyone it's comp prep.

I spent enough time in a singlet through school, I'll be happy to never put one on again.

Too common, why would kids care about that. They see some guy in a loincloth and likely won't go near you hahaha . Gym may not be down tho

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

I had a solid back workout. Im on 5-1 reps this week.

Started with deadlifts worked 315 to 365 today not missing a rep, so I thought that was great.

Worked rows, Lat Pull Downs, dumbbell rows, working the weight up as the reps went down and finished off with 10 pull ups

Felt great when it was all said and done.

Last edited:
I really want to get a foam roller but I'm not sure which one to get. Amazon had some good deals so I was thinking about something like this, either the 26 or shorter 13" version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Y..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=1PDH71TB3WCZPTAXPPJZ

Foam Roller, LuxFit Premium High Density Foam Roller 6 x 36 Round - Extra Firm With 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KAEJ3V8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_bv8Swb1R5YWTK

Foam Roller - The Original Rumble Rollers - Patent Pending Textured Foam Design - FREE Instruction Guide - Great for Muscle Stiffness, Exercises, Pre & Post & Workouts (31" Original BLUE Rumbleroller) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4YWE9S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Hv8SwbJFVK2YJ

I have this one and this one

For light stuff I use the gray one, for the heavy stuff or when I just hate myself, I will use the rumble roller. Effective, but hurts on hotspots

I really want to get a foam roller but I'm not sure which one to get. Amazon had some good deals so I was thinking about something like this, either the 26 or shorter 13" version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Y..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=1PDH71TB3WCZPTAXPPJZ

http://www.roguefitness.com/mobilitywod-battlestar

My wife had said something about getting me this for Valentines Day... I haven't decided if I'd like it out it would just sit there collecting dust.

http://www.roguefitness.com/mobilitywod-battlestar

My wife had said something about getting me this for Valentines Day... I haven't decided if I'd like it out it would just sit there collecting dust.

Pretty pricey but having a bunch of options would be cool.
Foam Roller, LuxFit Premium High Density Foam Roller 6 x 36 Round - Extra Firm With 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KAEJ3V8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_bv8Swb1R5YWTK

Foam Roller - The Original Rumble Rollers - Patent Pending Textured Foam Design - FREE Instruction Guide - Great for Muscle Stiffness, Exercises, Pre & Post & Workouts (31" Original BLUE Rumbleroller) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4YWE9S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Hv8SwbJFVK2YJ

I have this one and this one

For light stuff I use the gray one, for the heavy stuff or when I just hate myself, I will use the rumble roller. Effective, but hurts on hotspots
Nice, I was actually looking at that rumble roller as well. Wasnt sure how intense it would be haha but after some heavy lifting I could see that feeling good (well bad but good). Wasnt sure how much id get out of just a flat one, ive never used one like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back