The Best Sandwich

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This came up the other day at the PGA Show and I wanted to throw it out to THPers. We were having a conversation about the best sandwiches that come from national chain restaurants. The answer originally was an easy one in that Bennigan's Monte Cristo owned the title. However the chain's demise leads to the spot at the top being open.

So the rules.
It must be available on a large scale
It must be a chain restaurant
It must be a sandwich

So THPers, what is the best sandwich?

French Dip from McAllisters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard one of the top guys from Bennigan's is trying to open it back up.

I have no dog in this fight. We have a brisket grilled cheese here in town that can't be beat.

Maybe the Cuban from Hooters?

Mcallisters Muffalata. It's not the best muffalata out there but pretty dang good for being available at a chain restaurant.

Big Kahuna Cheesesteak from Jersey Mike's

Mcallisters Muffalata. It's not the best muffalata out there but pretty dang good for being available at a chain restaurant.

that's a solid muffalata. good choice!

• Admin
Big Kahuna Cheesesteak from Jersey Mike's

Never had that one, but I have yet to have a bad sub from here.

Dagwood from Penn Station. Might not be completely Nationwide, but it's my only answer.

This is usually my go to at Penn Station. This might have to be my vote also.

i'm not sure how many stores there are, but i opt for toojay's triple j with extra russian dressing on the side. corned beef, roast beef, turkey, swiss cheese all rolled and wrapped around coleslaw then slathered with russian dressing and smashed between two pieces of thick soft rye bread with a good crust. so freaking good.

I am a big fan of the Smokehouse Beef and Cheddar Brisket at Firehouse.

Dagwood from Penn Station. Might not be completely Nationwide, but it's my only answer.

I would second the Dagwood. It has been my go to sandwhich when I stop in there and it is so good when warmed up.

Chicken Philly from Penn Station...so yummy

Kenny & Ziggy's "Join The Club" is the best sandwich i've had.

Another vote for Firehouse, but I like the Hook and Ladder. Beef and Cheddar Brisket is solid too.

JM

I'll go with the burnt ends ti-tip sandwich from Famous Dave's. Their 13 different BBQ sauces can change up the sandwich to almost anyone's taste.

Jersey Mike's is new to N. California so I'll have to go try one of their Cheese Steaks.

Giant Italian Sub from Jersey Mike's. Heart attack on a bun but I love them!!

One just opened here in town. Guess I'll be having one soon.

They make a solid cheesesteak, which is all I've had from there. I've also heard nothing but great things about their Italian.

Wreck on wheat from Potbelly. Everything on it. Wash it down with a cold IBC creme soda.

I heard one of the top guys from Bennigan's is trying to open it back up.

I have no dog in this fight. We have a brisket grilled cheese here in town that can't be beat.

Maybe the Cuban from Hooters?

They have - limited, smaller location sites but they are up and running.

Buffalo Chicken Ranch from BWW

Back