Iron Fitting Pete’s Golf Long Island

GreekGodX

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cashed in on my Birthday gift from my wife to get fitted for irons and get a new set. I decided to go to Pete’s Golf rather than Club Champion to support a local shop. Plus the reviews I saw online were very positive.

First off all the guys at the shop were great. Very outgoing and looking to help in anyway they could. I asked to break a dollar for some quarters to feed the meter. My fitter just said you don’t have time to waste and sent out another guy to feed the meter for me. It was a little thing but made a good impression.

My fitting was with Woody. He was extremely knowledgeable about equipment and he was very upfront with what he was looking for during my fitting. I told him about my game and my usual shots. I explained I was looking for performance and that brand didn’t really matter. I did tell him I wanted to try the Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Face. For reference, I’ve been gaming TM r7 TP probably since a year after they came out. Then we went from there.

I loosened up and we did some baseline measurements. Hit a bunch of different clubs and compared the results as we went. The club that I hit best was TM p790 with the Nippon Modus 105 stiff shafts. What surprised me the most was I went with a midsize grip that really helped my swing speed. We were able to get my ball speed more consistent at 111 mph average, spin came down about 1000 rpm from my old clubs, and there was better contact on the face. Obviously this led to more distance and I was very happy. We tried the Mizunos, Titleist AP3, other TMs, and I forgot which Callaway iron. By far the p790 I was most consistent with and hit the best shots.

They gave me the recommended specs with no pressure to buy from them. From my research, I could maybe save about $100 from their quote so I am probably going to buy from them. I will go back to them definitely for other fittings.

Overall if you’re on the fence about getting fitted, just do it. It is worth it. I know I’m going to be happier out on the course with the new clubs. Plus I should play better too

Pete’s is great - they have been doing it that way for a very long time, well before it became the norm to say “get fitted.” They also have first class customer service, and their reviews reflect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back