2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Insanity day 1 fit test in the books.
Compared to the first go around last time i exceeded reps in 5 exercises tied in 1 and did worse in 2 (ran out of gas late) oh and i didnt throw up like last time either

Been a really long time since I sweat this much
Nice work dude!

Tonight we are making Chicken Bacon Apple burgers.
Each burger is one boneless skinless chicken breast
1 slice of bacon
1/4 apple
Sage, Salt and Pepper

Put bacon, chicken and apple into grinder (Kitchenaid attachment for us, but any food processor will work)
Grind it to make ground mixture.
Add salt, pepper and sage and mix thoroughly.

Form into 6 oz patties and cook (all the way through obviously)

Never tried them before and hoping they are good.
Im not sure I will ever buy ground meat again. So easy to do your own and control what goes in it.

Had these for dinner tonight and oh my were they fantastic. I added some jalapeños to mine and it took it over the top.

Had these for dinner tonight and oh my were they fantastic. I added some jalapeños to mine and it took it over the top.

Thats awesome Matt.
I swear grinding the meat is the best thing I think I have started.

I think I found a great recipe ... but do my eyes deceive me ... are we talking about 3 WW points?

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/shrimp-creole.html

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th • Points +: 5 pts • Smart Points: 3
Calories: 211.9 • Fat: 4.6 g Carb: 17.6 g
Fiber: 4.2 g • Sugar: 7.8 g Protein: 25.8 g

Still trying to navigate the WW system ... what am I missing?

Thats awesome Matt.
I swear grinding the meat is the best thing I think I have started.

I told my wife...I'm not sure how this grinding of chicken is going to go. You might want to go shopping while I embark on this.

Don't have a food processor so I went with the blender. Not the easiest, but was worth the struggle.

Time to invest in the heavy duty processor.

I told my wife...I'm not sure how this grinding of chicken is going to go. You might want to go shopping while I embark on this.

Don't have a food processor so I went with the blender. Not the easiest, but was worth the struggle.

Time to invest in the heavy duty processor.

If you have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer (Ohio dude), you can buy the grinding attachment.

I think I found a great recipe ... but do my eyes deceive me ... are we talking about 3 WW points?

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/shrimp-creole.html

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th • Points +: 5 pts • Smart Points: 3
Calories: 211.9 • Fat: 4.6 g Carb: 17.6 g
Fiber: 4.2 g • Sugar: 7.8 g Protein: 25.8 g

Still trying to navigate the WW system ... what am I missing?

Her recipes are great! I have made a lot of stuff.

If you have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer (Ohio dude), you can buy the grinding attachment.

I wish. Wife never thought we would need one. Well we do now.

(Ohio dude about be Floridian).

Insanity day 1 fit test in the books.
Compared to the first go around last time i exceeded reps in 5 exercises tied in 1 and did worse in 2 (ran out of gas late) oh and i didnt throw up like last time either

Been a really long time since I sweat this much

Have fun. As you know already, insanity is hell on earth for 40 minutes a day.

Have fun. As you know already, insanity is hell on earth for 40 minutes a day.
Oh yeah i know did it for 90 days 3 years ago

Insanity is definitely a tough program to make it through. Tried three times only succeeded once.

I did it two years ago I think. Hardest workouts I ever did. Gave me killer cardio conditioning though.

I didn't go to Orange Theory today to let my muscles rest, but still wanted to get a run in so I ran on our treadmill at home. I am so excited to say that I just beat my 2 mile run by 1 minute! It's still a terrible time, but it's 1 minute better than before and that is a huge victory in my book!

I didn't go to Orange Theory today to let my muscles rest, but still wanted to get a run in so I ran on our treadmill at home. I am so excited to say that I just beat my 2 mile run by 1 minute! It's still a terrible time, but it's 1 minute better than before and that is a huge victory in my book!
Nice! That's the thing about running, as much as I hate it (especially on a treadmill) every run is different and when you beat a personal best it feels awesome! I hate treadmills....but it's definitely a love/hate! Great work GG, keep it up!

Seeing sub 200 on the scale every morning is something else. I've hit sub 200 a couple times in the last few years (196 low) but it never sustained.

189, I see you, and I'm coming for you, you rat bastard.

Good news is I lost 10 lbs. Bad news is I was sick for 3 days...

Seeing sub 200 on the scale every morning is something else. I've hit sub 200 a couple times in the last few years (196 low) but it never sustained.

189, I see you, and I'm coming for you, you rat bastard.

Beast Mode dude

Started taking protein shakes after my workouts, I like them as I feel like I'm not as hungry and trying to cram as much food in

I have overnight oats in the fridge for tomorrow and I am attempting a chia seed pudding. I hate chia seeds, so this might be a giant disaster, but I keep seeing recipes for it so I am giving it a try. Everyone says it takes on the consistency of tapioca pudding, which I love so I am keeping an open mind.

Instead of going to lunch with my buddy's where I would eat poorly I am going to the YMCA. Going to do a noon time spin class. Hope that keeps that hunger down.

I had to tighten up the belt a notch this morning, pretty happy about that!

Last edited:
No doubt, puts all the work into perspective.

I have overnight oats in the fridge for tomorrow and I am attempting a chia seed pudding. I hate chia seeds, so this might be a giant disaster, but I keep seeing recipes for it so I am giving it a try. Everyone says it takes on the consistency of tapioca pudding, which I love so I am keeping an open mind.

You, are brave. Hahahaha

Back