The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished up another session on grooving the new swing and keeping that thought. Turn is coming around and I think based on my readings I was at 90% throughout my clubs with the swing path I am looking for. Can't tell you the last time I was this excited.

Had a lesson today and my instructor immediately noticed my back swing was too vertical. Once we got it back on plane everything went smooth. Hopefully the lessons will transition to the course!

Hit the range after my fitting session this morning and regretting it now....think I have hit too many golf balls

But I have decided I need to look at some lessons to get my swing issue sorted to help unlock more potential from it

Lesson this morning, took a quick video and it showed that I was shifting weight toward my target at the top of my swing(old habit), compared it to the video from a month ago in Florida where I wasn't doing it. So coach had me working on getting my left shoulder behind the ball and over top of my right knee. My flexibility is horrible so this is tough for me but the feeling of easy power with a proper coil is huge. Doing this also changed my numbers pretty dramatically launch angle came down, spin came down, club head speed improved, smash increased and I gained a solid club to club and a half in distance.

This is something I'm gonna have to concentrate and work hard on to make the change permanent.

Loaded up on Ibuprofen and headed out to the range yesterday. Swing feels rusty, but it was good to get some swings in. 40* and windy was a challenge for the hands that for sure. Had a little issue with tugging the shorter irons.

Loaded up on Ibuprofen and headed out to the range yesterday. Swing feels rusty, but it was good to get some swings in. 40* and windy was a challenge for the hands that for sure. Had a little issue with tugging the shorter irons.

Impact is so key when cold. The ball won't compress as much so middle strikes will get the most out of the golf ball. Work on face control and 3/4 swings. Setup open with a closed club face, square and open. Setup square with the same three face options and set up closed with the 3 faces. This will learn you a lot!

Heading out to the range. Time to get some driver work in!

Yusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

DSC_0798-L.jpg

Hit a large bucket on the range today with nearly every club in the bag. It was the first time out with my new BBA 815 18*, which I loved. It just may kick the 14* out of the bag. I also took my first grown up 7i out, just for fun. I hadn't even swung these clubs in probably 10 years but hit it just as pure as ever. I'm really thinking about reshafting them with DG S300 and putting them back in play.

3da0cf92cd5f31d17db62b1d4750c74f.jpg

Hit 150 balls last night working on swing path through the set. Had a 9hole playing lesson earlier in the week and was given a few inside/out drills. Was having a lot of wrist flip at impact and release which was causing a lot of shots that we're starting left and then going even further left with a big hook or draw.

DSC_0798-L.jpg
How good do those work? I never really think about where my eyes are in relation to the ball. Always have just tried to focus on the hands and the path of the putter.

How good do those work? I never really think about where my eyes are in relation to the ball. Always have just tried to focus on the hands and the path of the putter.
Really really one of my favorite practice tools for putting. I'm an eyes over the heel guy thanks to SPi and when I don't check it intend to drift. I broke my last mirror so I had to replace it this week. Love this bigger one.

The putting prof is awesome too though. We were introduced to it at seemore and I've wanted one since.

Really really one of my favorite practice tools for putting. I'm an eyes over the heel guy thanks to SPi and when I don't check it intend to drift. I broke my last mirror so I had to replace it this week. Love this bigger one.

The putting prof is awesome too though. We were introduced to it at seemore and I've wanted one since.
Interesting. may have to look into something like that. Also, what putting green do you have?

Interesting. may have to look into something like that. Also, what putting green do you have?
Mine is a tour links training green. Love it because it's on a platform, good stuff.

Mine is a tour links training green. Love it because it's on a platform, good stuff.
That's what I want. I have a birdie ball but just not liking it much anymore.

That's what I want. I have a birdie ball but just not liking it much anymore.
I got a solid misprice on amazon a few years back, but having had it now I'd have no problem paying for one again. This, or a Big Moss.

I got a solid misprice on amazon a few years back, but having had it now I'd have no problem paying for one again. This, or a Big Moss.
Yeah it's really not a terrible price. obviously much more than a birdie ball but the quality looks way better. I'll check the big Moss out as well.

DSC_0798-L.jpg

That is nice setup James!! Have you figured out a way to use the professor with non seemore putters or where the heal just isn't that big to fit the plastics L on it??

Finally got to practice off grass. It is so much better than mats. Took about 5 swings before I started to actually hit the ball first which is difficult to tell on the mats. Everything kind of skids into the ball.

What's the total length?

Had a lesson on Tuesday with new coach. Who knew that forearms, shoulders, hips, knees and feet could all aim in radically different directions. And i kept moving the ball back. Went to the range today to try what I had learned. Amazingly, I made better turns, better weight shift and hit more good balls with ball forward and with (hopefully) body better alignment. Why do I have to make this game so hard? I can line up, get grip right so arms are parallel, relax hands, swing easy and hit the ball farther and straighter. Some even have a little draw.

Only hit a small bucket on the range, I was planning on spending some time with my Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges in the sand, as greenside bunkers are one of the weaker sides of my game. I don't know if it's the wedges, my swing, or both, but wow! Got every single ball up and out on the green. Took the confidence on to the course, which felt great. Was short sided on a raised flag, took the 60*, and popped it up beautifully. Ball took a hop and stopped 2 feet from the pin.

im a fan if the mirror and need to grab one this year. I worked with my instructor year before last with it and it helped getting my eyes just inside ball instead of way away or over compensate and be way over it.

im a fan if the mirror and need to grab one this year. I worked with my instructor year before last with it and it helped getting my eyes just inside ball instead of way away or over compensate and be way over it.
Its sooooo useful.

I'm going back to putting boot camp and this, the putting professor, and my SPi medicine ball are going to be staples of my daily routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back