Pro V1 left dot???

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Reading about Tony Finau's WITB. He uses a Pro V1 left dot. Any thoughts as to this ball?

From the USGA Conforming List:

ProVdot.JPG

It's probably some sort of variant he uses from the common, retail version like we've seen from many other professionals across different brands. Heck, I saw there is a 4 piece Pro V1 [star] on the conforming list. With so many pros playing their brand of ball, they can't possibly expect them all to play the exact same ball like us amatuers, amirite :hugealienthingy:

From the USGA Conforming List:

View attachment 36838

It's probably some sort of variant he uses from the common, retail version like we've seen from many other professionals across different brands. Heck, I saw there is a 4 piece Pro V1 [star] on the conforming list. With so many pros playing their brand of ball, they can't possibly expect them all to play the exact same ball like us amatuers, amirite :hugealienthingy:

This. There is a ton of pro v1 and v1x variants. The star is a low spin ball that Padraig uses. There is some info on them, but not much because they really aren't available retail.

What I'm most curious about is how titleist goes about the specialty tour balls. They advertise their pros as v or x players so I wonder at point the tour balls open up to their players.

This. There is a ton of pro v1 and v1x variants. The star is a low spin ball that Padraig uses. There is some info on them, but not much because they really aren't available retail.

What I'm most curious about is how titleist goes about the specialty tour balls. They advertise their pros as v or x players so I wonder at point the tour balls open up to their players.
They talked about special runs for tour players on the plant tour. Plant B where Pro V1, V1x and AVX are made. Some find something they like and stick with it. Highly recommend the tour if you're in the area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back