Old Golf Bags - What do you do with yours?

bassing33

Reaction score
Handicap
Got a new golf bag for Christmas and I’m not sure what to do with the old one. It’s got a tear in the valuables pocket by the zipper and a hole in the bottom of one of the big pockets. Other than that it’s still a super functional bag. What do y’all do with your bags if they aren’t really in perfect shape?

Trash day is Thursday. That's where regular bags go. I keep the staff bags.

Trash day is Thursday. That's where regular bags go. I keep the staff bags.

You're kidding, right? I have 11 bags all in various stages of decompositiion. A few are like new and in use regularly. A few have minor flaws. A few are in horrible shape. Alas, I can't bear to part with any of them.

You're kidding, right? I have 11 bags all in various stages of decompositiion. A few are like new and in use regularly. A few have minor flaws. A few are in horrible shape. Alas, I can't bear to part with any of them.

Once they are unusable, I replace them. And toss them, yes. Worst one over was my Callaway THP Staff stand bag I have had for years. Had to put it down after my Arizona trip in June.

if unusable, sure, trash. but just a few holes can be patched up or live with. find a home for them. Freecycle or craigslist, or salvation army. as a newbie golfer, what some people think is "old crap" i just get so much joy out of. My gf gave me her friend's old old titleist bag--probably in worse shape than my Wilson box set, but just made me feel better. Bet you can make someone's day.

If they are still usable but not going to be part of my "Rotation" off to Goodwill they go.

Been slowly giving them away 1-2 a year to either my father in law, or my nephew who just took up the game this year.

I have my first golf bag that needs to get pitched, my Grandaddy bag which will stay with me forever, and a mini-staffer that is, quite honestly, just taking up room. This thread is kind of why I've held onto my trust Four5 for as long as I have.

I donate my old bags.

I have 3 just sitting, the ones in the past have gone to Goodwill.

1st life - on course gamer,
2nd life - garage, backup set(s) :) holder,
3rd life - charity donation -1st Tee, Goodwill, etc,

If they're in good shape, I first try to gift them to family or friends if they need a bag. If not, I'll try to sell locally, or I'll donate to Goodwill if that doesn't work. I try to keep one extra around so I don't have to run and buy a new one in a hurry if something breaks.

If they're unusable, they get tossed. I have some guilt there though, because I know many of the materials will be in that landfill forever. Anybody know of recycling centers that take this kind of stuff?

Currently have 3 bags, if my oldest two ever diminish to the point they can't be repaired, or just looks bad I will first try to donate and if not accepted I will take to the dump. At the moment they all are in great condition so I will hold onto them in case my son ever decides to try golf out (many many years from now), or my dad needs to use a bag if he can't bring his out here. I'll let him use my old clubs, some of them were his at one point anyway.

Depends on the state. If they're usable, I try to find them a new home locally, but not worth the hassle of shipping to sell online in most cases. Otherwise they get the heave-ho.

I donate them to 1st Tee, if they are usable.

If they're tore up, I'll trash them. If they're still in decent shape, I'll usually either donate them, or give them away to someone I know. I currently have 4 bags and all of them have a use. One holds my gamers, one is a backup set, one holds all of my extra shafts and misc clubs, and the fourth has my wife's clubs in it, which she'll probably never use but won't let me get rid of. lol

I probably lean more this way. I have a hard time parting with stuff. Even when it’s not in perfect condition.

I have like six. All in perfectly good condition. One is an Alphard Duo that I used for like a month. Money not so well spent. I need to have a yard sale.

I might have enough storage locations. Probably not though...
9e35d7a1ef6c79879e405a6008363d4a.jpg
6f8c43a90e7935524312587539b59218.jpg
d12382989d2860dd7212d1e00edc7523.jpg
5e46baf9ee6de8302b63cedfc1ea9154.jpg
06c796a14a519a320fe634ba4cd756b3.jpg
b540245e5698d99a3e6f2d5f5c928178.jpg
8c868e51572d2d98f4cc0a5ce6e68090.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If usable which most are, son is first option. After that 1st Tee or our clubs junior program can always use any equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my kids don't want them then Salvation Army.

Got a new golf bag for Christmas and I’m not sure what to do with the old one. It’s got a tear in the valuables pocket by the zipper and a hole in the bottom of one of the big pockets. Other than that it’s still a super functional bag. What do y’all do with your bags if they aren’t really in perfect shape?

Buy more clubs to put in it.

I sometimes give old ones to friends, but lately I've been going through a new back every 2 months or so. The ones that are not to stay in my collection get sent to the secondary market.

I keep saying i will put them up for sale, but i have a couple or three extra right now....

Back