Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

Great stuff. Searching for one now.

I know now that store!! Sounds like they put too little epoxy on the tip at the factory! golf mart could re glue no problem, just make sure they lightly sand tip and use adaptor epoxy. Not a big deal.

The one thing I noticed is my white tie shaft says Cobra Max on it. Leads me to believe Cobra only uses one shaft for all of their White Tie sales or Golf Mart pulled a fast one on me and took one off a Cobra Max driver since it's their stock shaft...

Has a good day with the F6 today. 7/14 FIR. Had a rough stretch on the back where I had trouble getting off the tee, but once I trusted my swing again I was bombing it. Routine 220-230 yard drives today, which is about 5-10 yards over what I was averaging with the K15 a month ago. Even my misses were not very far offline, and playable. And poked a couple out around 240 ... I was lucky if I could do that once every few rounds with the K15. I thought I might put a regular flex shaft into this, but I think I'll keep the stiff in. My transition can get really quick, and perhaps this might save me more than hurt me.

The one thing I noticed is my white tie shaft says Cobra Max on it. Leads me to believe Cobra only uses one shaft for all of their White Tie sales or Golf Mart pulled a fast one on me and took one off a Cobra Max driver since it's their stock shaft...

THAT IS WRONG!!!! TAKE IT BACK. Golf mart must did a switch the cobra max shaft does not even have an adaptor on it. I never buy nothing from them except balls.

THAT IS WRONG!!!! TAKE IT BACK. Golf mart must did a switch the cobra max shaft does not even have an adaptor on it. I never buy nothing from them except balls.
He's right. Checked my shaft and it doesn't say "Cobra Max" on it.

He's right. Checked my shaft and it doesn't say "Cobra Max" on it.
Yours also has the red tie in it and not the white tie. Cobra legitimately could have installed the white tie from that max into the adapter for the order, its not that outlandish to have happened.

Either way, a re-epoxy and you'll be ready to go.

Yours also has the red tie in it and not the white tie. Cobra legitimately could have installed the white tie from that max into the adapter for the order, its not that outlandish to have happened.

Yep, you're right. My bad!

The golfmart numbnuts should have figured that out. especially if the head comes flying off. DUH.

I love this driver after only two rounds. I'm using the 10.5 deg setting and the gold weight forward. At first today, my second round with the new driver, the launch was too high so since the weight was forward already I moved the ball position back in the address about 1". Next tee shot, and all others after, were launching perfectly. The feel with this driver, using the KING F6 Matrix Red Tie 60Q4 regular shaft and changed the grip to a golf pride tour velvet super tack with two wraps of tape, is fantastic and I couldn't be happier. It is consistently straight, great launch and is 5-10 yards longer than the Titleist 913 D2 Bassara regular shafted driver I was using.

It's a keeper for sure. Give it a test drive.

During the last couple of days, I finally have got a chance to give the F6 a good test. I'm fortunate enough to be in Kauai right now with perfect 85 degree weather. The 85 degree weather is perfect contrast to the 40/50 degree weather that I have been playing back home during the last couple of months. The range in Princeville has two flags that really give me a chance to gauge my distance thanks to my laser. First flag is 261 and the second one was 284.

So far the F6 has been extremely consistantant with accuracy and the distances are difenetly there. These days my best drives with roll are 290ish and I was passing the 284 flag approximately 20% of the time and passing the 261 flag 90% of the time...

Last edited:
Question on the sole weighting - while the rear weight port appears to be directly behind the center of the face, the front port looks closer to the toe. Does moving the weight forward result in a fade bias?

MotownJake, I have the weight forward and there is no cut/fade/slice at all.

Can you still put an intentional fade on it? if needed? Seems to me that the head sits a little on the closed side.

Can you still put an intentional fade on it? if needed? Seems to me that the head sits a little on the closed side.
I had no problems hitting a fade during review.

I had no problems hitting a fade during review.
Thanks Jman. Nice to hear. Have only tested this club indoors on a sim so far with some sweet results. Hopefully spring arrives soon so I can demo this club on the range/course.

The F6 Review was solid....thanks Jman.

I gamed the Bio Cell for the past 2 years (1 1/2 with PXv reg shaft & 6 mos with the Paderson Kinetix reg shaft). The Paderson def kicks butt. Anyway, just got a Fly Z+ with Matrix shaft. If I put the Paderson in it, using the Bio Cell adapter, how does this change the Loft settings? And with the weight on the back, how does this differ from the F6 with the back weight?

Has anyone tried taking the lighter 3-gram weight out of the sole?
If so; does that change the performance/feel of the club?

Not a problem to hit a cut/fade.

Haven't even thought of trying that. Using the 10.5 deg setting after playing 9.5 for the last 6 years. With the 10.5 loft and the weight forward, I'm hitting a straight ball with a slightly lower launch angle than the previous 9.5 deg lofted drivers and slightly longer, 225 yds. with 85 mph driver club head speed. I ain't touchin a dam thing....................love it the way it is playing.

I've read that the 3 gram "weight" was put there for aesthetic reasons and the club was designed to simply be played with only the heavier weight. To whit, I don't even have the 3 gram weight and I'm not worried about it.

I've read that the 3 gram "weight" was put there for aesthetic reasons and the club was designed to simply be played with only the heavier weight. To whit, I don't even have the 3 gram weight and I'm not worried about it.

I do not even think that the 3 gram weigth with or without it would change much of anything. It's just not enough weight in comparison to the hvy wgt. .... or something similar this :|

TO will be on THP Radio next week in the Golf Industry Uncut and we spoke a lot about the technology in this club.

I love the F6+ but I don't remember the store having an F6 to demo. Would be very interested in giving one a go though.

I love the F6+ but I don't remember the store having an F6 to demo. Would be very interested in giving one a go though.

GG & GS have both out here in Fairlawn, if you're close enough.

Back