Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

I gamed last years Vapor pro for a while. One of the best sounds of that release year (personal for sure), but I had a hard time keeping it from diving left as a miss. LTD has a lot more forgiveness off the center (especially towards the toe where I miss 90% of the time). While I think great strike v great strike would be close, I find the LTD to be wildly more forgiving.
This is one of the HUGE reasons why I am so interested in the LTD. I experienced all of those things and it sounds great.

Thanks for the reply. I have the King LTD and it been great, but was looking at getting the Vapor Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I have the King LTD and it been great, but was looking at getting the Vapor Pro

What don't you like about the LTD that you think would improve with a different driver?

Nothing really, I have an all Nike bag except for the driver, and the ho in me was looking. The King has been excellent so far.

Nothing really, I have an all Nike bag except for the driver, and the ho in me was looking. The King has been excellent so far.

Looks like it'd be a cheap experiment either way!

Yeah, I should be happy with what I have, no complaints, but always looking for that little more.

Hit this a few times on the range and I was very impressed. Not sure it would kick my J715 out of the bag but it sure is a contender.

Improved weather and health should allow me to get back on the range with this one on Sunday afternoon.

Quite looking forward to it.

Still enjoying this driver even though I'm only able to hit it in the golf dome. It looks good, it sounds good, and it seems to be very lively off the face, with decent forgiveness, but I really want to get it on a course and give it a real test. Ugh. Come on spring!

This is going to be ordered here next week sometime with HZRDUS Black. Very excited!

I spent some time on the outdoor launch monitor with this club. I was seeing numbers like this
e41e154a24c778046f30e2f1feddb64e.jpg

Other swings were in the 1900 rate for spin, nothing less than 245 carry. Launch stayed between 17.1 qnd 17.8. This was with the Chrome Elements, 50g, stiff and loft at 11.5. With the regular flex my spin was in the 2400 range. Dispersion was superb - I almost couldn't hit it off target (I was hitting draw/hooks with my gamer). And this coming off an inactive winter / not playing so much.

I have really loved my G30 but dang it, these numbers are really good for me. (FWIW I had my gamer with me - higher spin with less carry and total distance).

I spent some time on the outdoor launch monitor with this club. I was seeing numbers like this

This was with the Chrome Elements, 50g, stiff and loft at 11.5. With the regular flex my spin was in the 2400 range. I couldn't hit it off target. And this coming off an inactive winter / not playing so much.

I have really loved my G30, but these numbers are really good for me. (FWIW I had my gamer with me - higher spin with less carry and total distance).

Sound like a winner all around there T4K. Pull the trigger yet?

I've yet to hit mine on a monitor, but I can tell there's something special about this club after hitting it a couple times.

Other swings were in the 1900 rate for spin, nothing less than 245 carry. Launch stayed between 17.1 qnd 17.8. This was with the Chrome Elements, 50g, stiff and loft at 11.5. With the regular flex my spin was in the 2400 range. Dispersion was superb - I almost couldn't hit it off target (I was hitting draw/hooks with my gamer). And this coming off an inactive winter / not playing so much.

I have really loved my G30 but dang it, these numbers are really good for me. (FWIW I had my gamer with me - higher spin with less carry and total distance).

That is awesome numbers Frank!

Sound like a winner all around there T4K. Pull the trigger yet?

I've yet to hit mine on a monitor, but I can tell there's something special about this club after hitting it a couple times.
I think you are right - there is something going on with this one. The crazy thing is I'm petty sure I wasn't even hitting it in the middle of the face.

Nope, I didn't pull the trigger. I'm not an impulse buyer - I'll need more time on the machine like this to convince myself it wasn't a fluke. Plus, money is a little tight right now and I'd really like to see this again after I've spent more time at the range and have a more consistent swing. But the fact I'm even thinking about it says a lot because I've been so happy with my G30.

Putting this one in the hands of my #1 bag on the team tomorrow for his marathon day of golf on our fundraiser. Will be fun to see what his thoughts are coming from his old HiBore.

Putting this one in the hands of my #1 bag on the team tomorrow for his marathon day of golf on our fundraiser. Will be fun to see what his thoughts are coming from his old HiBore.
Methinks he will like it, but even if he doesn't at least his ears can stop bleeding.

That's a good one, like going from a solidly reliable used 1990s Honda Civic to a brand new Tesla. I think he might like the upgrade :act-up:

That's a good one, like going from a solidly reliable used 1990s Honda Civic to a brand new Tesla. I think he might like the upgrade :act-up:
Not according to some here, the technology is all the same from what they tell me. :alien:

Not according to some here, the technology is all the same from what they tell me. :alien:
Well, people are silly. A 50 year old guy with a wonky swing, 99mph SS and not hitting the middle of the face, still getting 250 yards of carry is borderline miraculous. Technology is awesome.

Well, people are silly. A 50 year old guy with a wonky swing, 99mph SS and not hitting the middle of the face, still getting 250 yards of carry is borderline miraculous. Technology is awesome.
You're damn right it is my friend!

got out on the range with this one again today. it was windy but I still saw really solid ball flight. I actually cranked it to 10.5 degrees in both the stock rogue and the handcrafted 6.5 and still saw some good penetrating flight. All but verified the King LTD is giving me lower launch than my BC+ and is just as forgiving if not more. I only had 2 or 3 get away from me between both shafts and probably 40-50 swings.

I'm still not sure which shaft is performing better for me. The rogue fells smoother for sure, a lot like my red tie. The handcrafted is by no means boardy...just a little more harsh I guess is the best way to describe it. I do think the handcrafted is getting me more distance, but I cant back that up with any data. I am just going to have to get both of these on the course before making a decision it seems.

I am certain that no matter which I end up with, it will be a win.

What I watched my 1 bag do with this driver at 9.5 paired with the px hand crafted LZ70 6.5 that I have in it was filthy and depressing. I see no way I can ever hit that club again now. The old coach tried to keep up today, but Holy crap.

I gave the LTD a workout today, and not necessarily in a good way the whole round. A couple of swings were decent, but I tested every bit of the club face, today, and came away very impressed.

I gave the LTD a workout today, and not necessarily in a good way the whole round. A couple of swings were decent, but I tested every bit of the club face, today, and came away very impressed.

That's the amazing part, to go along with the distance and great feel, the forgiveness is second to none. I hit some shots that with other drivers would be out of play, but with the LTD, they were still playable and not much shorter. Cobra did an amazing job with this driver.

FINALLY pulled the trigger. LTD headed my way with HZRDUS 65 coming and I'm ecstatic.

Back