Sun Mountain Golf FinnCycle

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

Looks fun.

Sun Mountain rep was showing the pro at my course one of these the other day. Really cool looking gadget.

Oh boy can only begin to imagine the accidents people will have on these after a couple drinks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That looks like a blast, great way to speed up the game although downside only time you'll have social interaction with your playing partners will be on tee and green. Would be neat if entire course was outfitted for quick round of speed golf.

Question: how does it hold itself up when it comes time to get off and hit your shot? Hopefully a stand with a large footprint so as not to leave a mark...

Looks fun. Highly doubt they will ever make it to the course near me though. We do have one guy that has the bicycle version of this, which I would personally opt for over this motorized one to keep the exercise aspect in play.

Golf scooter/bikes are nothing new, but I do hope they catch on. I think they're so much cooler than a traditional cart.

I really like the one that transforms from a push cart into a rideable scooter.

NOT coming to a course near me. Too many ups and downs to allow it to be used safely. Maybe somewhere on flat terrain.

Question: how does it hold itself up when it comes time to get off and hit your shot? Hopefully a stand with a large footprint so as not to leave a mark...

Air bag suspension to lower it to the ground, like a BOSS.

I saw the bicycle one with a built on bag and just feel like these are more of a novelty than practical with every golf course having tons of golf carts to carry all your stuff and more. Just my opinion, I walk 100% of the time anyway when I golf. Maybe I don’t golf at the right prestigious golf course to warrant having one ��. Jk

Cool idea though.

Dxd9CD4WkAI8dEA.jpg

These look like so much fun!

These look like so much fun!!!

So, our club apparently bought some of these last year. I saw a group zipping around on them last night and thought it would be fun to try.

With social distancing guidelines in place, it's one rider per cart anyhow. So, I wouldn't be missing out in any social interaction if I were in it.

I tell you what, this thing is a blast. Easy to ride. Balances well. Has a ton of suspension built in, so it's a very smooth ride. The only downside is a lack of storage options that would normally be in a cart. I mean, there was a cupholder, but it was no better than the cheap one in my pushcart.

I do see how there could be a big potential in add ons and accessories if these things start taking hold.

I will definitely take one again. No questions asked. But, I'll have to make sure it's on a clear day. With no rain protection, you're limited to rainless days.

Fwiw, I used my Callaway fusion 14 stand bag. It fit well and there was room for a smaller cart bag. I don't think a C130 would fit well. But, I could be wrong.

Was just a relaxing cruise around the course. Can sit down and relax, or stand up as you're riding and let the wind go through your hair. Heck, I even caught a little air with it (very little air, lol). But, those big bumps that would send a shock through your spine in a traditional cart only proved to be an opportunity to get the tires of the ground with this. There was never a time where I took a big shock from hitting a bump. There's a ton of suspension.

Apparently, they will be selling them for $3500 a pop. I've toyed around with the thought of getting my own cart in the past. But didn't want the hassle of towing and storage. This would easily fit in the bed of my truck. It's not likely that I but one. But, I am intrigued.

Overall, I highly recommend trying it if afforded the opportunity. On a day where the wind was blowing 30mph, this really made the round enjoyable where it wouldn't have been otherwise.

20200502_100505.jpg

Back