First Full Bag fitting

Which Tree?

Thirsty
Reaction score
Handicap
thinking
So yesterday I went to a local clubfitter/coach and finally had my first full bag fitting.

I have had Iron and Driver specific fittings in the past but after yesterday's 3 hour voyage I would not consider what I had previously as a "fitting".

I have read over and over on this forum and elsewhere how important it is to be correctly fit into your clubs. I cannot echo those comments enough. HOLY SHNIKES! I learned more about my swing and bag in those 3 hours than I can even express. In fact, we never even made it to the driver because my back was tightening and my hands hurt. I hit about a million balls (give or take) so I was scheduled in for a (no extra fee) driver fitting this coming Monday.

Unfortunately, what I learned is that every single club I have in my bag (from 3w to putter) was wrong for me. Not only was it told to me but the data backed it up. I was shocked.

My irons are a bit too short (very slightly) and wayyyy to light. This was a reoccurring theme in all of my clubs. Too light and too weak. Almost immediately he had me in X stiff shafts in every club. A real eye opener.

Furthermore, it was suggested that I ditch a hybrid all together and adopt a 5 wood because I am a very high spin/high launch player. I would have never in a million years thought of it, but boy did the numbers back it up.

Unfortunately, the cost to replace my full bag all at once is going to be more than I am willing (ahem, can justify to my wife) to spend.

The other downside was that they did not carry any Cleveland/Srixon stuff. I was (and still am) leaning towards the 585 irons.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that I cannot agree more with everyone saying how important it is to get fit by a true pro. It was amazing and well worth the money.

what i was fit for:
TM p790 4-gw +.75" Nippon Modus Pro 120 X
Titleist TS3 - 3+ and 5w Evenflow White X
Odyssey O works 9
Vokey 60 (cant remember the grind...)

I saw similar numbers from the rogue sub zero woods but I cannot remember the shaft. can anyone point me in a similar shaft to the white evenflow so that I could potentially save a few hundreds from callaway preowned?

So yesterday I went to a local clubfitter/coach and finally had my first full bag fitting.

I have had Iron and Driver specific fittings in the past but after yesterday's 3 hour voyage I would not consider what I had previously as a "fitting".

I have read over and over on this forum and elsewhere how important it is to be correctly fit into your clubs. I cannot echo those comments enough. HOLY SHNIKES! I learned more about my swing and bag in those 3 hours than I can even express. In fact, we never even made it to the driver because my back was tightening and my hands hurt. I hit about a million balls (give or take) so I was scheduled in for a (no extra fee) driver fitting this coming Monday.

Unfortunately, what I learned is that every single club I have in my bag (from 3w to putter) was wrong for me. Not only was it told to me but the data backed it up. I was shocked.

My irons are a bit too short (very slightly) and wayyyy to light. This was a reoccurring theme in all of my clubs. Too light and too weak. Almost immediately he had me in X stiff shafts in every club. A real eye opener.

Furthermore, it was suggested that I ditch a hybrid all together and adopt a 5 wood because I am a very high spin/high launch player. I would have never in a million years thought of it, but boy did the numbers back it up.

Unfortunately, the cost to replace my full bag all at once is going to be more than I am willing (ahem, can justify to my wife) to spend.

The other downside was that they did not carry any Cleveland/Srixon stuff. I was (and still am) leaning towards the 585 irons.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that I cannot agree more with everyone saying how important it is to get fit by a true pro. It was amazing and well worth the money.

what i was fit for:
TM p790 4-gw +.75" Nippon Modus Pro 120 X
Titleist TS3 - 3+ and 5w Evenflow White X
Odyssey O works 9
Vokey 60 (cant remember the grind...)

I saw similar numbers from the rogue sub zero woods but I cannot remember the shaft. can anyone point me in a similar shaft to the white evenflow so that I could potentially save a few hundreds from callaway preowned?

there are plenty of pulls available on ebay since EF White is a stock option for Titleist TS line. Buy one of those and have them switch the adapter. Should be less than $150 if you find the right auction (even cheaper if you are going to use them in fairways since no new callaway adapter will be necessary)

Back