Proforce V2 Shaft -- in black!!!

stevie-a

Yeah boyeeeee!
Reaction score
Handicap
New Things
I currently have the V2 Tour in white and love it... I was out looking for a black or gray shaft to pair/match my new M3 driver and look what I found is coming in 2019!!!

Definitely will have one of these and look at that torque on the 7F5 version.....2.2....say what?!?! YES PLEASE!

050ffd6f775546eaf463eab1df7488be.jpg
1c30abec25b2b5f5bb507aa302e8c14c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That might look pretty slick in the G400. :bulgy-eyes:

V2 Black Shafts are in stock at GolfWorks.com!! Only $59...order placed!

I love my V2 Tour in white and the V2 non-tour version in black has even lower torque!

Once received I'll provide updates here. Can't freakin' wait!

Saw them posted on twitter, they are one great looking shaft.

V2 Black Shafts are in stock at GolfWorks.com!! Only $59...order placed!

I love my V2 Tour in white and the V2 non-tour version in black has even lower torque!

Once received I'll provide updates here. Can't freakin' wait!

I agree, if that's the price point it's very similar to the V2 Tour and the black looks awesome. Might have to pick one up and test it against my Tour Model

I agree, if that's the price point it's very similar to the V2 Tour and the black looks awesome. Might have to pick one up and test it against my Tour Model
Spec wise, the Black (non-tour) is very similar to the White Tour model. I was going to wait to see if a Tour version of the Black would be produced, but there's no reason....IMO.

Spec wise, the Black (non-tour) is very similar to the White Tour model. I was going to wait to see if a Tour version of the Black would be produced, but there's no reason....IMO.

Yeah, I like the black alot better than the white, that's my only real complaint about the V2 Tour, is that it's white.

Hey 2019 AC members, stay tuned for a chance coming next week for some forum testing on these.

Hey 2019 AC members, stay tuned for a chance coming next week for some forum testing on these.
Ahhhh damn.....mine is already on its way, wish I had known there would have been a slight chance to be involved.

Either way, definitely looking forward to the shaft and to hear others feedback.

V2 Black arrived today! Epoxied the adapter and will trim and grip tomorrow... I'll add pics of the finished product tomorrow too.

Really dig the flat-ish, textured black of this shaft!

I lied...sorta... I finished the job this morning.

I really like the look of this combo! The white V2 Tour shaft didn't quite go with the gray and black M3 head, but the black V2 is a match.

As for performance comparisons, I'll get a chance to hit the range or a course Wed and Thurs.

b9701c1eb988f864186b0f9a445185bf.jpg
8668cf221b04bbd6e78569ba2c56e023.jpg
8e72fd1b392d05aa9995d306d5b827c2.jpg

Last edited:
That's really a slick looking combo. I've been pondering grabbing one of these too. Especially at that price.

That's really a slick looking combo. I've been pondering grabbing one of these too. Especially at that price.
For $60, I couldn't pass it up.

Played my first round with this shaft yesterday and it was a mix...

The ball flight is exactly what I was looking for, mid high to high on an escalating trajectory. I was still getting some run out at the end of my drives.

The only concern I have is when I went after drives I was getting a low pull hook. I won't let 1 round imply this is what I should expect -- just an observation at this point.

I can adjust the weights on my M3 driver to try to offset this, but I won't make any changes until I've played a few more rounss with it.

Compared to my white V2 Tour shaft, they both provide the same stable feel and the black one does not feel flippy...so I think things will work out.

Just measured 5 6F4 shafts and each came in right around the 3.0 torque number stated. Good QC.

76e5ac323f9c9d301c5317639c683491.jpg

723983323fcf25e7789ad181de60ff94.jpg

8861356f505020b45bf45cc5d19b1099.jpg

Butt Frequency check at raw shows 244-247 in the 4 shafts tested of 6F4 which plants firmly in the 6.0 or stiff category

a6305a5879838b3c7798696ec46ba82c.jpg

Definitely tight tolerances there.

I love that the THP club lab can bring this kind of information to us!!!

Tight tolerances are so important as a representation of quality.

Just measured 5 6F4 shafts and each came in right around the 3.0 torque number stated. Good QC.

JB
Out of curiosity do you ever see shafts that are way out of tolerance compared to specs ?
Stock shafts ? Etc

Played my first round with this shaft yesterday and it was a mix...

The ball flight is exactly what I was looking for, mid high to high on an escalating trajectory. I was still getting some run out at the end of my drives.

The only concern I have is when I went after drives I was getting a low pull hook. I won't let 1 round imply this is what I should expect -- just an observation at this point.

I can adjust the weights on my M3 driver to try to offset this, but I won't make any changes until I've played a few more rounss with it.

Compared to my white V2 Tour shaft, they both provide the same stable feel and the black one does not feel flippy...so I think things will work out.

Which version of the Black did you purchase? Anymore swings on the course? I also have the V2 Tour 6F5 and think I need one of these in my life lol.

Which version of the Black did you purchase? Anymore swings on the course? I also have the V2 Tour 6F5 and think I need one of these in my life lol.

I totally forgot to come back to post on the V2 black shaft....(more on that later in this thread)..... Since my last post I've played 3 rounds with it, 1 of which was a 4-man scramble so I'm going to throw that round out since some swings weren't what I'd normally do. For the other 2 rounds, I would describe them as progressively getting back into the routine of golf since the weather has made regular/consistent play tough this winter. The reason I bought a V2 Black was to "match" a new M3 driver head I bought, so I'm still getting familiar with it too. For the 1st round, I hit the driver well but I was still seeing some pulls/low draws which is uncharacteristic for me. I normally hit a small fade -- like 5-10 yards max -- so setting up down the left side of a fairway and then having the ball go left leads to trouble...obviously.

For the 2nd round, I again had a couple early drives go slightly left. Contact and distance were great, but I was still going a little left. I mention this because it confirmed (to me anyway...) this was not a shaft issue and I was getting the head back to the ball, but the face was closing more than I'm used to. I think it was about the 8th or 9th hole where I decided to consciously open the face of the M3 driver just slightly at address. BOOM! The return of a straight shot or a slight fade returned...and I was longer than I would normally be. The 2 guys I was playing with can take it deep (looking at you @Nate and Danny Le) and I was hanging in there with them...Nate was still putting a good 10-15 yards on me, but that's better than the normal 15-30 yards. HAHA!!

The feel of the shaft was great, basically the same as my V2 Tour in white. They are both 6F5 (xstiff), the only difference being the white is a Tour model and the black is not. That said, the black's torque of 2.9 is lower than the 3.3 for the white Tour. The lower torque black has produced a little lower ball flight for me, so I'm now adjusting the weights on the M3 driver to give me a little higher flight. I have the weights set in the middle of the track, so I have some room to move them back to get a little higher flight. As a side note, I have already moved the adapter 1* so my 9.5* driver is at 10.5*.

This has been a fun "experiment" and I really like the V2 line....and the V2 Black not only looks GREAT but it does exactly what the white did for me: provide stability, provide feel, is not whippy, and is VERY, VERY consistent!!

I totally forgot to come back to post on the V2 black shaft....(more on that later in this thread)..... Since my last post I've played 3 rounds with it, 1 of which was a 4-man scramble so I'm going to throw that round out since some swings weren't what I'd normally do. For the other 2 rounds, I would describe them as progressively getting back into the routine of golf since the weather has made regular/consistent play tough this winter. The reason I bought a V2 Black was to "match" a new M3 driver head I bought, so I'm still getting familiar with it too. For the 1st round, I hit the driver well but I was still seeing some pulls/low draws which is uncharacteristic for me. I normally hit a small fade -- like 5-10 yards max -- so setting up down the left side of a fairway and then having the ball go left leads to trouble...obviously.

For the 2nd round, I again had a couple early drives go slightly left. Contact and distance were great, but I was still going a little left. I mention this because it confirmed (to me anyway...) this was not a shaft issue and I was getting the head back to the ball, but the face was closing more than I'm used to. I think it was about the 8th or 9th hole where I decided to consciously open the face of the M3 driver just slightly at address. BOOM! The return of a straight shot or a slight fade returned...and I was longer than I would normally be. The 2 guys I was playing with can take it deep (looking at you @Nate and Danny Le) and I was hanging in there with them...Nate was still putting a good 10-15 yards on me, but that's better than the normal 15-30 yards. HAHA!!

The feel of the shaft was great, basically the same as my V2 Tour in white. They are both 6F5 (xstiff), the only difference being the white is a Tour model and the black is not. That said, the black's torque of 2.9 is lower than the 3.3 for the white Tour. The lower torque black has produced a little lower ball flight for me, so I'm now adjusting the weights on the M3 driver to give me a little higher flight. I have the weights set in the middle of the track, so I have some room to move them back to get a little higher flight. As a side note, I have already moved the adapter 1* so my 9.5* driver is at 10.5*.

This has been a fun "experiment" and I really like the V2 line....and the V2 Black not only looks GREAT but it does exactly what the white did for me: provide stability, provide feel, is not whippy, and is VERY, VERY consistent!!

I appreciate you taking the time to give a review. I also have the V2 Tour 6F5 model and I like the shaft but not a huge fan of the white. I don't have as much to play around with on the driver head (Cobra Biocell) but for $60 I am going to order one. Worst case scenario I have to pick up a newer Cobra F8 head :) The pics you posted make it a very appealing shaft.

I appreciate you taking the time to give a review. I also have the V2 Tour 6F5 model and I like the shaft but not a huge fan of the white. I don't have as much to play around with on the driver head (Cobra Biocell) but for $60 I am going to order one. Worst case scenario I have to pick up a newer Cobra F8 head :) The pics you posted make it a very appealing shaft.
Glad I could help. For me, this purchase was purely cosmetic in nature, as the white V2 Tour worked great for me. Now that I'm gaming the M3 and V2 Black combo, I'm glad I made the purchase!

Definitely a shaft that provides confidence, and that goes for either V2 model.

Look forward to your comments and feedback.

Back