The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sick too long. i want to feel better :/

Take the car in for an oil change, Mechanic calls and tells me I need $1200 worth of service.

Decline and take it to the dealership, only needs $120 worth of work, and they are covering it for free.

Why try and screw me?

That's the worst! You should take the bill back to the other place and rub their nose in it!

Thank you, student, for F-bombing me for "giving" you zeros. Enjoy your week in ISS.

ISS....a party full of screw ups.....in my day I would have got my ass busted for that and then got my ass busted again when I got home....and then I would have been grounded.

The Official Rant of the Day

Was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and went to put the sriracha back in the fridge. Dropped the bottle, lid was open, it hit the ground and a stream of sriracha hit me straight in the eye.

That is pain.

Was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and went to put the sriracha back in the fridge. Dropped the bottle, lid was open, it hit the ground and a stream of sriracha hit me straight in the eye.

That is pain.
oh shite! Walk it off? :angel:

Holy **** dude, are you okay? That is really dangerous.
Although chicks dig eye patches.

40 minutes. I'm sitting here wasting (40 minutes so far) my time waiting for some yokel to get online and tell me they're ready to do the work they needed me to be online for....and they're not online. No one from their department is online......Seriously I could be DRINKING instead of staring at my IM program waiting for someone to get online to run a stupid script.....this is irritating.

That's right!

That never happened to me though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GTFO :angel:

That sounds painful.

I actually got sent there twice for inappropriate clothing. I forgot once they lined us up against a wall and measured our shorts, and mine were too short.

Apparently I was a wh0re in middle and high school haha.

I almost sprayed water across my laptop reading that.

That is pain.

Ow, dude. Hope you're okay.

eye-patch-gangsta-eye-patch-gangsta-1291825280.jpg

It hurts.

I flushed my eye out for a while, got some drops in it. However, it is red and swollen and feels like there is sand or pebbles stuck inside my eye lids.

Eye patches are cool.

Captain War Pirate Eagle

It hurts.

I flushed my eye out for a while, got some drops in it. However, it is red and swollen and feels like there is sand or pebbles stuck inside my eye lids.

Eye patches are cool.

If it stays bad, you may want to see somebody.

If it stays bad, you may want to see somebody.
Yeah, going to see what it does for now, if it gets worse will get it checked out.

We are? I feel sorry you are as old as I am. Once I hit 40 (and I am past that) its all down hill physically.
Youre over 40? You post pictures of eating food that puts college students metabolism to shame!

This will be War if he goes on Wheel of Fortune next week.

d5fcdb09492ad9c1195d91b3e7887f7b.jpg

Youre over 40? You post pictures of eating food that puts college students metabolism to shame!

Sushi's healthy!

Those bacon pancakes and grits...maaaybe not so much.

In school suspension

Ohhh go ol' ISS, brings back memories. Got a few, but one in particular rings a bell in which I received for showing up intoxicated to a basketball game, fell down the bleachers and landed in front of the principal.

Who woulda thunk it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No bonus this year, unfortunately. Can't say I expected one after the abysmal 2015 down here, but it's always nice to feel appreciated at work. Some higher ups said that we should be happy we just have jobs, which really pissed me off.

How many times do i have to tell you to stop doing something you shouldn't be. Where i come from once... apparently 5 times necessary. Now it's going to cost you for every infraction going forward...

I was sent to the office for a paddling by my mom once. She was a substitute teacher, and yes I deserved it.
I misread that the first time.

The over 40 trip has been an interesting one. I'll be 43 in aug and last year was the year my body realized it was over 40.

Yea, I didn't really start feeling the beat down until I was about 44 - but man is it making up for lost time!

No bonus this year, unfortunately. Can't say I expected one after the abysmal 2015 down here, but it's always nice to feel appreciated at work. Some higher ups said that we should be happy we just have jobs, which really pissed me off.
Last year someone commented / complained that not getting raises meant we couldn't keep up with inflation. The CEO publicly told us we should manage our expenses better, like we could eat Top Ramen for dinner instead of going out.

Couldn't tell you the last time I got a cost of living that was even close to keeping up with inflation.

Witnessed a sad "racial" incident at a restaurant last night that was so dumb and disheartening.

A visitor from the USA hands their card to the Server to pay, but it doesn't have a chip in it like our Canadian cards. As is normal here if your card has no chip, the Server asks for photo ID along with it.
The customer losers their mind and starts shouting that they are being mistreated because of their color, storms out without paying.
The Server promptly breaks down and cries for the next 10 minutes.

The whole thing still has me bothered a little bit. There is enough hate out there without creating hate where there is none.

You Canadians are so practical, sensitive and polite. Next steps in America: server hires lawyer, lawyer realizes customer has no money and sues employer instead, employer settles out of court for nuisance value or the matter makes its way through the legal system, the courts find a new civil right, the new civil right starts an activist movement and associated employer expenses increase costs for all consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back