King Forged CB/King Forged Tour

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
My mind keeps going around in circles regarding what irons I might choose for the upcoming MC. Has anybody seen the King Forged Tour and the King Forged CB up close side by side? Better yet, has anybody hit them both to be able to compare and contrast? from what I have read, the King Forged Tour is a longer blade length from toe to heel.

I actually hit the King Forged CB/MB in my local shop, but they did not have a set of King Forged Tours even for sale, let alone to hit. I tell you what, though, I was quite shocked at the numbers I was seeing with the King Forged MB 7 iron. With my normal players distance profile, I normally see aroun 115 or 116 ball speed with a 7 iron. I was getting 112 to 113 out of the Forged MB 7 iron and it has 3 to 4 degrees more loft. It felt totally awesome. I would never have thought I might even consider the Forged CB/MB, but I am now in ponder mode for the MC, although we do not yet know what irons will be available. A set of Forged CB/MB in CB through 8 iron and MB in the 9 and pw would be one gorgeous set of irons.

If the Forged Tour give significantly more help than the Forged CBs on poorer strikes, it might compel me to go that direction. I usually can easily pick a club, but this iron selection has me baffled.

Last edited:
My mind keeps going around in circles regarding what irons I might choose for the upcoming MC. Has anybody seen the King Forged Tour and the King Forged CB up close side by side? Better yet, has anybody hit them both to be able to compare and contrast? from what I have read, the King Forged Tour is a longer length.

I actually hit the King Forged CB/MB in my local shop, but they did not have a set of King Forged Tours even for sale, let alone to hit. I tell you what, though, I was quite shocked at the numbers I was seeing with the King Forged MB 7 iron. With my normal players distance profile, I normally see aroun 115 or 116 ball speed with a 7 iron. I was getting 112 to 113 out of the Forged MB 7 iron and it has 3 to 4 degrees more loft. It felt totally awesome. I would never have thought I might even consider the Forged CB/MB, but I am now in ponder mode for the MC, although we do not yet know what irons will be available. A set of Forged CB/MB in CB through 8 iron and MB in the 9 and pw would be one gorgeous set of irons.

If the Forged Tour give significantly more help than the Forged CBS on poorer strikes, it might compel me to go that direction. I usually can easily pick a club, but this iron selection has me baffled.

Not sure where you are in SLC metro area, but the PGASS in Sandy used to have a set of the Tours in the demo bays. I know they had OL, but I don't remember if they had traditional.

Not sure where you are in SLC metro area, but the PGASS in Sandy used to have a set of the Tours in the demo bays. I know they had OL, but I don't remember if they had traditional.

Thanks so much. I normally shop at Uinta Golf, but PGASS certainly is not too far out of the way. I will give it a shot.

I’ve hit both - I liked the MB/CB better than the KFTB

But I attribute it all to the shafts

Accuracy was great with all of them distance was better in the MB/CB

When I hit the KFTB in Florida my lines were spot on but I was a club to club and half shorter on most shots

I’d say the CB/KFTB was so close it was negligible in terms of looks (did not compare side by side) and forgiveness I mean both felt and played almost identical IMO

I’ve hit both - I liked the MB/CB better than the KFTB

But I attribute it all to the shafts

Accuracy was great with all of them distance was better in the MB/CB

When I hit the KFTB in Florida my lines were spot on but I was a club to club and half shorter on most shots

I’d say the CB/KFTB was so close it was negligible in terms of looks (did not compare side by side) and forgiveness I mean both felt and played almost identical IMO

Have you hit the Forged Tours?

Yeah but it’s been a couple of years those were fine - nothing stands out right now

My understanding is it’s the same head just not black

King Forged CB/King Forged Tour

Yeah but it’s been a couple of years those were fine - nothing stands out right now

My understanding is it’s the same head just not black

he’s asking about forged tour, not forged tec.

forged tours are decent, but nothing stood out to me.

cb/mb is impressively playable. if my short game was a bit better i would still have them in the bag. but it’s not, so they’re not haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back