You Choose The Course

Without question, my favorite course in Florida, Seminole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without question, my favorite course in Florida, Seminole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per the rules in the op, I don't think that qualifies.

Not really brother, just genuinely curious about the question at hand and the wealth of course knowledge that this great community offers.

Pebble or spyglass?

Pebble or spyglass?

I've seen Pebble a few times, and I have to ask you since you're probably one of the last people on THP to play it: other than the 7 holes on the Pacific, was it really that great if you take all the history of the place away?

lets go late april and hope oak hill is ready to go

I've seen Pebble a few times, and I have to ask you since you're probably one of the last people on THP to play it: other than the 7 holes on the Pacific, was it really that great if you take all the history of the place away?

Honestly I felt the back nine was more difficult than the front. I would rate it a 4.3 out of 5 stars. Taking into account that the Master's is played in April, geographically 70% of the US is taken out of contention. Based on history such as the Master is I would have to go with Pebble. Do I see scores much lower than what we see at Augusta, yes. Could the course be made more difficult, probably not due to location and area left.

I think the Masters being outside of the southeast is just not an option.

TPC Sawgrass or Shadow Creek maybe???

man thats a tough question, I think it has to stay in the south east with out any doubt. I have zero clue about enough south east courses to make a good suggestion.

although seeing the pros take on the "Devils Delight" and the rest of El Campeon would be awesome.

I had a few really good local ideas, but the April stipulation pretty much kills those.

After long and hard thought I think I'm going to go with Spyglass. Grow the rough, errrr 2nd cut, out and settle in for a gorgeous and extremely difficult round of golf. It shares some traits of Augusta with almost zero flat lies and the need to work/flight the ball on command.
Runner up to Pebble Beach.

Man this is a tough one with public access required.

First thought would be Palm Springs or Arizona for that time of the year. Need to figure out what courses fit the criteria

Dancing Rabbit - Azeala course. Great public Fazio course that has an Augusta like feel.
dancing-rabbit-golf-club.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly one of the best hypotheticals I have seen on this board... I am stumped. Others mentioned Pasatiempo and I could see it especially since it is an Alister MacKenzie course but I think it needs to stay in the SE US to keep that Masters feel....

Really really tough to come up with a great option.

I can't even wrap my head around this... It just wouldn't be The Masters without Augusta!

I think the Masters being outside of the southeast is just not an option.

The masters outside of Augusta isn't an option. I think it's either Augusta or bust for me.

But in spirit of the question, and agreeing with you, I'd have to say pine hurst #2 I guess.

Gotta be Northern California in April....
So Pebble Beach or Spyglass Hill gets my vote, but if you don't want a course already on the PGA schedule, Poppy Hills.

Dancing Rabbit - Azeala course. Great public Fazio course that has an Augusta like feel.

That place looks great, I'll go with this as well.

Tour 18. Pump some money into getting it set up properly. You'd have 18 of the great holes from around the country and STILL have Amen Corner.

Gotta be Northern California in April....
So Pebble Beach or Spyglass Hill gets my vote, but if you don't want a course already on the PGA schedule, Poppy Hills.

I agree with this especially since the renovation. The Pebble and Spyglass are more popular, but Poppy Hills could be an acceptable substitute.

Have to go Pebble.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I keep thinking Caledonia, but I wonder how much money would need to be dumped into it to make it a true test for the best in the world.

Ocean Course at Kiawah Island or Pinehurst #2

Back