THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Mine would be a very specific shot. 90 yards with my 52* wedge. Bring it in low with tons of spin. One hop and stop!

Yes that shot travels everywhere.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Alright hopefuls, a little twist on asking what the best part of your game is:

If you had to pick one specific type of shot to beat 10 other people in a competition...what would it be? For example: 150 yard approach, or 20 foot putt. What's one thing you have confidence that you'd perform really well at under pressure?

And follow up to that...do you think you'd be able to travel that under the pressure of RR?

For me it would be a shot right around 105 yards which is a full lob wedge for me. That is one of the shots where I don't really have to think about it, I just go up there and do it.

If you had to pick one specific type of shot to beat 10 other people in a competition...what would it be? For example: 150 yard approach, or 20 foot putt. What's one thing you have confidence that you'd perform really well at under pressure?

And follow up to that...do you think you'd be able to travel that under the pressure of RR?

For me it would be a wedge from +/- 100 yards. Nice smooth sand wedge for me.

I think i have played that shot enough that 9 times out of 10, it is going to go well no matter the pressure.

For me it would have to be any second shot. If I were to make an error and knock one OB or splash one, the shot I drop is 9/10 always exactly what I wanted from the first. EVERY TIME!

But....since this is a competition a second shot will never be needed so my favorite shot would have to be the 150y and in, much like everyone else.

So is it gonna be dead in here until Monday???
Chirp!

The good news is the entire THP forum is booming with conversation.

Is it Monday yet?

I'm not sure this specific question has been asked. I know we have asked about trying TT shafts in general, but thought I would relate it to recent club testing and new 2016 releases. Sooo...back to a sponsor centered question today:

What recent equipment to come out have you tested with True Temper shafts? What are your thoughts on the pairing?

I know one set of clubs to come out recently that I've actually really enjoyed taking swings with have been the 716 AP1 and AP2's. Both come stock with TT DG AMT shafts, and that combo just seems to flat out work. I get a really nice high piercing flight with it, which is what I look for. Love me some soft landing irons.

Also the new MD3's come stock with TT DG S300's, which that pairing just seems to be fantastic. Some of the best distance and control I've seen from wedges recently.

Last edited:

First of all, my game travels, as I have shown in the past.

As for the shot I want, give me that 100 Yd wedge shot!
I love when my playing partners say "no putter needed".

Monday can't get her soon enough!!!

So is it Monday yet?? I don't think I have ever been excited for a Monday...until now!

So how would a common state neighbor get involved with something like this? If I attended university in Michigan, will you adopt me?

So how would a common state neighbor get involved with something like this? If I attended university in Michigan, will you adopt me?
Just prove current residence in the state and you are eligible to sign up. Along with Albatross Club membership, which you have already!

You attended UofM but rock the Spartan Logo? I'm not to sure about you, lol.

Edit: I see its attended in Michigan not at Michigan, sorry for the confusion, I know that's quite the insult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would t be able to for this one, but never fear tons of great events coming this year.

You attended UofM but rock the Spartan Logo? I'm not to sure about you, lol.

Edit: I see its attended in Michigan not at Michigan, sorry for the confusion, I know that's quite the insult.

I probably could have worded that a little better. Have no fear, there is no mixing of allegiances here. :smile-big:

They would t be able to for this one, but never fear tons of great events coming this year.

Good to know. Would love to see an Indiana event.

I probably could have worded that a little better. Have no fear, there is no mixing of allegiances here. :smile-big:

No worries! My wife and half of her family went to MSU and with me being a Buckeye, we can always agree on our distaste of UofM.

What recent equipment to come out have you tested with True Temper shafts? What are your thoughts on the pairing?

I hit the AMT shaft the other day in my lesson in the i25 head I know it's not a new release but it did work quite well in that head.

The AMT shaft does intrigue me quite a bit and if I don't go graphite they are a shaft I'm looking at.

Isn't it Monday tomorrow?

Definitely

I'm sure I'll be up extra earlier with excitement. This has been building since the regional rivalries were introduced and it has been great.

I just so happen to be off tomorrow for most of the day. Will be keeping. You eye out

I know today is the Super Bowl and all, but I can't hardly wait for tomorrow!

Going out to play either 27 or 36 today

Back