XXIO 9 Irons - THP Review Thread

My old razr x irons but with senior graphite. Before the round he was saying how he doubts the tech would be much better and improved. At the end of the round he said nevermind. He was a fan and honestly they seem like they are made to suit him more than me.

Last par 3 I had him jump up a tee box. It was where he would still hit a hybrid and this time he hit a 6 iron 3 times. 2 of the 3 found the green and the one was just short on a bad swing. He was impressed with these.
Thats freaking awesome. Sounds definitely like something id be interested in trying too

Based on what I know about the brand, I think they will be crazy forgiving, both top to bottom and laterally, but with the club design being how it is, you never really lose track of the head. Its very intriguing stuff.

Based on what I know about the brand, I think they will be crazy forgiving, both top to bottom and laterally, but with the club design being how it is, you never really lose track of the head. Its very intriguing stuff.
The bottom forgiveness seemed really good. But need more swings to analyze better.

I ditched my CF16's last night for my sim league to give these a complete night of action. Holy hell are they a great set of sticks. Had 2 of the guys I was playing with commenting on the sound, distance, and consistency I was getting on the screen. I tend to find the place we play at to be pretty accurate when it comes to carry yardages. I normally end up hitting the same club for a yardage inside here, as I do outside. OK let's talk about what we were seeing.

Such a high ball flight from these. While inside you can't really tell how a ball is going to react on a green, but knowing what I saw when I was on the course with them, and again with the heights I am seeing inside, I can get a good idea as to how the ball reacts on the green.

Distances are strong. Maybe 1/2 club longer than my current irons. Yes the lofts are strong and some will jump immediately to that, however the launch and height of them is just a perfect blend that leads to these numbers.

The shaft weight, yeah they are light, but I feel that when I put them in play I do get a little more consistent contact. The more I swing them, the more I have adapted to the weight and flex. The fear of getting too quick and over powering a shaft(no clue what I was thinking), is pretty much gone. Staying in tempo has shown some really amazing results with them. Also the amount of relief and help I am seeing when I miss low on the face might be the best I have ever seen from another set of irons.

Pure eye candy! Anxiously looking forward to the review.

finishing up the review on these. Did some good testing in the last few days with an outdoor range session and then some time in the simulator. There are a few things that really stand out with these irons. The ball speed and distance they produce is higher than anything else I currently have in my possession. It's been so much fun spending time with these.

Looking forward to the full write up on these, ddec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the finalized review and they seem to be a fit for various SS and golfers outside of what their design is for, just like the driver.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these dean

finishing up the review on these. Did some good testing in the last few days with an outdoor range session and then some time in the simulator. There are a few things that really stand out with these irons. The ball speed and distance they produce is higher than anything else I currently have in my possession. It's been so much fun spending time with these.

Dean what were the spin numbers like on the simulator?

This is awesome. Looking forward to reading this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean what were the spin numbers like on the simulator?

I don't have my notebook with me, but nothing outrageous in either direction. I focus more on spin from the GC2 instead of the sim though. Much more consistency.

Found this mini-review on YouTube. Peter Finch is testing the XXIO 8 irons, fairway woods, and driver during XXIO's product launch. Peter knows that the product line is aimed at high handicappers, seniors, and the ladies; but his reaction to these clubs changes very quickly once he starts driving the balls.

Well worth a look at.

Great job Dean! Another quality iron to choose from!

Great review Dean. The technology in these is very intriguing. I like the look of these and having low CG and high moi makes it sound like a great iron set

This is a great review Dean. I liked the few swings I took with the 7i a couple weeks back. Definitely light - but I think that's something you can get used to after a while. There was a shot I swore I hit about an inch and a half behind the ball while I was getting used to these and it ended up just short of the green. They look great behind the ball as well. As someone who's leaning more towards "take all the forgiveness you can get" these are definitely a fun club.

Great review Dean. Definitely a set of irons I would like to give a go. I like the muted aesthetic look of those irons.

Good stuff Dean. The benefits of the lower CG seem incredible with this offering: higher, straighter, and longer compared to other irons on the market is something MANY golfers are after. These sound incredibly fun to hit.

Fantastic writeup as always Dean. The looks and sound of these irons seems to be especially appealing, given some of the other options in the SGI category out there.

glad many are enjoying this review. These were such a fun product to have in hand. The height and distance achieved by these irons kind of blew me away. A great amount of forgiveness, esp low on the face. Once I got over the weight, which took some swings, things were golden with them. One difficulty was going back and forth between these, and irons with a heavier shaft like the Mizuno, Srixon, Callaway. Once I set those aside and just went to work with these, they absolutely shined. I know my old man is playing today for the 1st time this year and sure enough he asked if these were available for him to play.

I need to try these, I like heavy headed feel!

Fantastic review Dean. Thanks to THP and yourself for shining the light on the XXIO brand. XXIO are producing game changing clubs, especially for people like myself with slower swing speeds. The people in Japan have already known this for many years, but most of the world markets are just starting to take notice. It will be interesting to see how well they will do over here in the next 2 to 5 years.

Dean, I just received my new XXIO Prime and it is beautiful but solid rain here and can't try it out yet. The one thing I noticed was how small the grip was (in diameter) and wondering if you noticed the iron grips to be smaller than standard.

Back