2016 SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour

Went to my local shop looking for this one today and they had no clue what I was talking about. Looks like I will just order direct

Went to my local shop looking for this one today and they had no clue what I was talking about. Looks like I will just order direct
Will need you to provide more info once received!

I'm debating whether to spend $35 on experimenting with this putter grip or a leather putter grip.

Will need you to provide more info once received!

I'm debating whether to spend $35 on experimenting with this putter grip or a leather putter grip.

Will do.

Pictures are great but I would like to see one of these in person, they seem to be great!

I need a couple!!

Going to wait and see one in hand. But the Mid-Slim 2.0 is to my liking.

2016 SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour

This is pistol GT tour #2 for me already. They are that good.

e1ee799b6c1478bc6942e49fdba3f6db.jpg

My GT Tour 2.0 w/ Counter Core showed up today. Will regrip my putter tomorrow and give it a shot. So far, I am really loving the design of this one and the weight is awesome.

My GT Tour 2.0 w/ Counter Core showed up today. Will regrip my putter tomorrow and give it a shot. So far, I am really loving the design of this one and the weight is awesome.
Looking forward to your thoughts of the larger grip! I love the flatso 2.0 and hoping this one works for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your thoughts of the larger grip! I love the flatso 2.0 and hoping this one works for me.

It's smaller than the one that came on my Works Tank Cruiser 7, so it will be a change, but the shape is phenomenal.

It's smaller than the one that came on my Works Tank Cruiser 7, so it will be a change, but the shape is phenomenal.
I really like the pistol shape in my top hand and hope the non taper in the bottom follows!

I really like the pistol shape in my top hand and hope the non taper in the bottom follows!

Yeah dude, it's going to be a great setup for me.

Trying to figure out what I am going to do. Went to regrip my Works Tank Cruiser, and the Counter Core weight will not fit in to the shaft of the putter due to the Cruiser style already having a spot for a weight.

Can you snap a picture. I ordered a Pistol GT and I have a Works TC i was going to regrip.

Trying to figure out what I am going to do. Went to regrip my Works Tank Cruiser, and the Counter Core weight will not fit in to the shaft of the putter due to the Cruiser style already having a spot for a weight.

Is the weight welded in? Could you drill it out?

Putter shaft is on the left. Counter Core weight in the middle. Tank cruiser weight on the right.

220bd6325e68edd0816602f1f1013be2.jpg

Massive difference in size.
f5d6e778432cc23ec687a2b5288247ed.jpg

Threading size is completely larger as well.
2e4de4aa7090abc82d2380835b0668c3.jpg

Putter shaft is on the left. Counter Core weight in the middle. Tank cruiser weight on the right.

220bd6325e68edd0816602f1f1013be2.jpg

Massive difference in size.
f5d6e778432cc23ec687a2b5288247ed.jpg

Threading size is completely larger as well.
2e4de4aa7090abc82d2380835b0668c3.jpg

War-

The counter core screws into the grip and not the shaft like the TC right?

Couldn't you pull that TC plug out and the grip would work?

War-

The counter core screws into the grip and not the shaft like the TC right?

Couldn't you pull that TC plug out and the grip would work?

I am going to hit it with the heat gun and see if I can break the epoxy holding the plug in and get it out.

Ok. Got it to work. I found a bolt big enough to thread in to the tank cruiser plug, hit it with the heat gun for a minute, then threw it in a vice and pulled it out.

Here's a pic of the bolt in the plug.

a3004e1b7c6af5e6075b633ab1cd2761.jpg

09f861cf3af2727aec2d0ff145367bb4.jpg

Ok. Got it to work. I found a bolt big enough to thread in to the tank cruiser plug, hit it with the heat gun for a minute, then threw it in a vice and pulled it out.

Here's a pic of the bolt in the plug.

a3004e1b7c6af5e6075b633ab1cd2761.jpg

09f861cf3af2727aec2d0ff145367bb4.jpg

Good to know. I was getting worried for a minute that once mine gets here it wouldn't work.

I need to find a heat gun I guess. Lol

Good to know. I was getting worried for a minute that once mine gets here it wouldn't work.

I need to find a heat gun I guess. Lol
Yeah, a little bit of effort but it will work well.

Finally installed my GT Pistol on my Works TC VLine. It took some effort and ingenuity, but screw was removed & grip was installed. Leary of War Eagles issues, I used a lot of solvent and it slid right on. It looks great and rolling it upstairs I love the feel of grip. So much so in ordering s few more for my other putters.

d0122a0e4500578558c75ea6fcab434c.jpg

Super Stroke contacted me via Twitter about my install issues and sent me another one of these free of charge, it showed up today. Got the grip on this time without issues, and this grip felt completely different than the first one I got (not nearly as paper thin).

Will snag some pics of it tomorrow.

Back