2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Thanks for the info guys, going to grab one off Amazon.

People were right, the chia seed pudding takes on the same consistency as tapioca pudding, and surprisingly it's quite good. I would call it a success!

People were right, the chia seed pudding takes on the same consistency as tapioca pudding, and surprisingly it's quite good. I would call it a success!

Is there a certain recipe that everyone is following. I have googled a few, and learning a little about chia seed.

I discovered that fruit has 0 WW points, so I have added some to my diet ...

Is there a certain recipe that everyone is following. I have googled a few, and learning a little about chia seed.

I discovered that fruit has 0 WW points, so I have added some to my diet ...

This is the recipe I followed:

3 TBS chia seeds
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I just eye balled it)
1/16 tsp salt
sweetener of choice

Mix it all together in a jar, or some kind of container, and put in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.

I thought it tasted like a mix between tapioca and rice pudding. I really liked it, in fact I liked it so much I made another batch and put it in the fridge for tomorrow.

I still can't get over the smell of cauliflower when we make pizza crust with it.

For rice, there are some nutritionists saying white rice is better for some because they are unable to digest the brown rice fully. Either way, rice shouldn't be out of anyone's diet. :D
My wife is making "cauliflower rice" which confuses me. I'm not sure what was wrong with "rice" as we don't eat a lot of it and usually go for whole grain or brown rice, but I'll report back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I still can't get over the smell of cauliflower when we make pizza crust with it.

For rice, there are some nutritionists saying white rice is better for some because they are unable to digest the brown rice fully. Either way, rice shouldn't be out of anyone's diet. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've read some pretty good studies on the white rice v brown rice thing recently.

Snuck onto the scale this morning. I have no doubt 22X will happen this week. Haha Boom! Feels pretty effing good

Today's Orange Theory class was underwhelming for me. The running was great, but the weights just didn't do it for me, they tried to get too much in with not enough time. I still sweat and burned over 600 calories, but it just wasn't the best class.

I did, however, sign up for the unlimited classes so I can start upping my workout days to at least 4, hopefully 5 times a week.

Today's Orange Theory class was underwhelming for me. The running was great, but the weights just didn't do it for me, they tried to get too much in with not enough time. I still sweat and burned over 600 calories, but it just wasn't the best class.

I did, however, sign up for the unlimited classes so I can start upping my workout days to at least 4, hopefully 5 times a week.
I have gotten away from using weights and do only the body weight exercising. Push ups, pull ups, etc. I find that it blends cardio with muscle building so much better, for me.

I would kill to have a place nearby with something like Orange Theory or even Hot Yoga.

I am going tonight and I use your heads up to know about the class. Wednesday night they kicked my butt in the weight room and on the treadmill.

I have been really happy pairing my monitor to the OTbeat app and simulating a workout at home ... not the same as being there, but it is convenient for me, and i tend to add 2-3 more workouts a week. I shot for the same numbers I do in class.

I noticed in the last 4-5 weeks my heart rate recovers significantly faster than it did in December time. So I view that as a very good thing.

I have gotten away from using weights and do only the body weight exercising. Push ups, pull ups, etc. I find that it blends cardio with muscle building so much better, for me.

That's pretty much what they do there, we have weights, but we use the TRX straps a ton. In fact today's weight routine was 80% TRX straps, 10% ab dolly and 5% weights with 500/400/250 meter rows in between.

I would kill to have a place nearby with something like Orange Theory or even Hot Yoga.

I just drove by a yoga studio on my way to OT this morning that says unlimited hot yoga for $19.99/month. That's super cheap, so I am wondering what the catch it.

I am going tonight and I use your heads up to know about the class. Wednesday night they kicked my butt in the weight room and on the treadmill.

I have been really happy pairing my monitor to the OTbeat app and simulating a workout at home ... not the same as being there, but it is convenient for me, and i tend to add 2-3 more workouts a week. I shot for the same numbers I do in class.

I noticed in the last 4-5 weeks my heart rate recovers significantly faster than it did in December time. So I view that as a very good thing.

Haha, I'm glad I can give you a heads up on the workouts. I warned you Wednesday was a beast, but I loved it!

I have the android OTBeat app and it doesn't give me workouts to do, just lets me pair my heart rate monitor so when I do a run (like I did yesterday) it can track my stats for that run. Is that what yours does too?

I just drove by a yoga studio on my way to OT this morning that says unlimited hot yoga for $19.99/month. That's super cheap, so I am wondering what the catch it.

Haha, I'm glad I can give you a heads up on the workouts. I warned you Wednesday was a beast, but I loved it!

I have the android OTBeat app and it doesn't give me workouts to do, just lets me pair my heart rate monitor so when I do a run (like I did yesterday) it can track my stats for that run. Is that what yours does too?

The catch is they make so hot you cant be in there for longer than 10 min. Helps the churn rate

They let in an audience of creepy people to watch the class through a looking glass.

They let in an audience of creepy people to watch the class through a looking glass.

Jon Lovitz is the instructor?

Yes you did warn me, and I told my daughter before the class we were in for it. lol

Your right it it does not give me workouts ... what I try to do is break it down in 10-15 minute blocks ... I start on the treadmill ... i have the same trainer a lot in the evenings and I hear him my head ... "OK treadmills we are going to do 1 minute push push followed by a 1 minute all out ... in ... 3 ...2 ... 1" ... I keep time on the app display ... if you touch the center of the display it changes between percent and heart rate ... so I watch that similar to class as well.

Same when I do work with the "weight floor" ... I have 25# and 15# dumbbells and I try to mimic the weight room exercises. I just do the ones that I remember from class ... I have been working on planks as well .. i.e. I add those into the workout, so I wont be the first one out next time. :act-up:

I do end up with more treadmill work than a normal class ... which is my comfort zone ... but my goal is interval training ...

Had a breakdown this morning and got Hardees for breakfast... Now i feel terrible about it. Getting complacent that i've had several sodas this week, been eating less than great, and haven't gained any weight from it. I know i'm ashamed because i'd never admit it to the wife i went to hardees.

Had a breakdown this morning and got Hardees for breakfast... Now i feel terrible about it. Getting complacent that i've had several sodas this week, been eating less than great, and haven't gained any weight from it. I know i'm ashamed because i'd never admit it to the wife i went to hardees.

Just hop back on the horse man! Everyone has slip ups

Just hop back on the horse man! Everyone has slip ups

This is the truth. It happens. It'll always happen.

Frankly, I think its a good thing sometimes.

This is the truth. It happens. It'll always happen.

Frankly, I think its a good thing sometimes.

100%, it is NECESSARY IMO. I am going to have Pizza tomorrow, and I will still lose weight this week. If you deprive yourself of things you enjoy, a lifestyle change isn't sustainable. I can only eat grilled chicken and lean cuisines so much. I have to treat myself to foods I enjoy, like Pizza, because Pizza is life for me.

100%, it is NECESSARY IMO. I am going to have Pizza tomorrow, and I will still lose weight this week. If you deprive yourself of things you enjoy, a lifestyle change isn't sustainable. I can only eat grilled chicken and lean cuisines so much. I have to treat myself to foods I enjoy, like Pizza, because Pizza is life for me.

How far into your journey until you had a splurge day?

How far into your journey until you had a splurge day?

I stayed strict to the T for about 3-4 weeks, now I allow myself a maintenance day (eat the amount of calories I burn on a daily basis) on Saturday, but the key, is getting back on track the next day. You cannot let a cheat meal/day become days/weeks etc.

Back